Reppin
Chile
Qbh36zI.jpg

Terry Colby!!!!!!!!!

I knew it was him!

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
Remember red wheelbarrow on his composition book?

Well guess what was on the menu mr robot was writing on?

Red wheelbarrow :mindblown:

This episode might feel like not a lot to some but on a detailed level we got a lot.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
Elliot begins the episode with an intro to lucid dreaming and then we get the most surreal episode of the season yet.

:whoo:

Esmail bringing his best Lynch impression for this one.

:sas1:

Still wouldn't be a Mr. Robot episode with some reference to Kubrick. Dom out here talking to her Amazon Echo like it's HAL.

tumblr_mja5uwmLVZ1r23cz6o1_500.gif

Except in a clever reversal of 2001, Dom is desperately asking Echo for companionship. She wants Echo to be real, to break her programming. A complete turn around from a time when AI was seen as a dystopian nightmare. ( :whew: Esmail you crazy for this one.)

Still I dont really get the point of Doms scene. Whats the point of exposing her depression and loneliness, if it hasn't impacted her professional life yet? The only time Dom interacted with anybody on a personal level was with the Iranian dude who ran the bodega. She was so desperate for a connection, she drove miles for a damn Turkey Sandwich.

:dahell:

So are the writers preparing DOM for a heel turn. Are they preparing her to find love? What's the connection?

I guess DOM is supposed to be Beta's foil. They're both broken people but they respond to their pain in opposite ways. DOM, She tries to take control (if the subtle naming didn't already let you know :heh:). In almost all of her scenes she leads the conversation. More than that, she treats human interaction like an interview or interrogation. She's decisive and on the ball more than any other character next to White rose.

Angela on the other hand is almost willfully submissive. While DOM is making small talk with her Echo (Get it? Alright that one was clever Esmail :obama:) Angela listens to tapes that tell her what to think. Then there's that creepy hypnotized stare we're always seeing. Lastly, She's indecisive. Over the course of two seasons, she switches to 5 different factions and finds 5 different "masters". She goes from colby/allsafe... to the lawyer setting up the class action... to Pryce/Ecorp... to Darlene/F society...and now shes with white rose/Dark army.

:pachaha:

To all my BDSM deviants looking for a slave, she the perfect one:to:

Look forward to seeing how the parallels between DOM and Angela develop.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
White rose was hinting at time traveling that's why the lights keep going out. What else would need that much energy?

The Back To The Future references have bothered me as well.

There is a theory that it's almost parallel to the movie at the moment, with post 5/9 NY being Esmail's version of 1985 when Biff is running things.

If Time Travel is involved, right now, I'm almost certain White Rose is the only one who has it mastered.

The watch beeps throughout that scene seem to be cues for something, but I'm not sure what :lupe:

MIKE SPLEAN

Superstar
Daps
The Back To The Future references have bothered me as well.

There is a theory that it's almost parallel to the movie at the moment, with post 5/9 NY being Esmail's version of 1985 when Biff is running things.

If Time Travel is involved, right now, I'm almost certain White Rose is the only one who has it mastered.

The watch beeps throughout that scene seem to be cues for something, but I'm not sure what :lupe:

:mindblown:
Darlene kind of mirrored Lolita earlier this season too, with the heart shaped glasses :jbhmm:
:krs:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there was any doubt that last scene of the preview confirmed that Tyrell is another Elliot alter ego.
I can't help comparing the parallels of Dom and Eliots earlier struggles with loneliness and dismissing the notion that she might also be one of his alter egos.

If that's the case, this would unravel in similar fashion to John Kusacks character in that movie Identity.

Are these people lonely because their identitys have fractured off from their original host (God?)

No show should be this good and such a mind fukk at the same time brehs :ohlawd:

What a time, what a show, what a writer, what an actor (Malek)
Cry-1424669338.gif