The Official Memphis, Tennessee Thread

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Use to stay in Memphis in 2009 with my god moms after high school she stayed in Bartlett use to help with her cleaning business

Club senses was cool

Use to hit cactus jack on sundays sometimes that shyt was life changing as a youngin

Use to hoop at the navy base

Do they still have big bills bbq?

Overall I had some good times

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Ay tbh I've heard bham ain't too far off:francis:

Bham is nothing like what’s described here. There’s buffers between the hood and burbs in Birmingham.

Bham has a downtown that’s being gentrified at a rapid pace

Crime is Bham hoods is very bad tho

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You actually got that backwards. A lot of Black folks from the Midwest (Detroit and Chicago, etc.) are actually originally from Tennessee, Arkansas and Mississippi. They were part of the great migration to the North. I grew up in Chicago, but my folks always brought us back South during the Summers.

A lot of the trouble that occurs in Memphis and Mississippi is actually from dudes whose parents sent them back South after they fukked up in Chicago.

Yes sir this is so true. Kats would be from chicago. But parents or grandparents from Mississippi, Tennesse, Alabama and Arkansas. Kats would gangbang and get in trouble then get sent down south and gangbang there too.

You see the same shyt in latin countries. Latin American gangbangers fukk up and they parents send them back to their home country and they bring that gangbanging shyt there.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
As far as other universities it was pretty cool. Definitely catered to students as far entertainment and other resources. Professors were cool. For Christmas and thanksgiving they provided a bus for students that lived in West TN (Memphis and Jackson) for like $20 round trip. Since Knoxville is so UT focused rarely did I have to leave the surrounding campus for my needs (black beauty supply store for hair stuff). My dream school was Vandy for the longest and when I got in I changed my mind to UT at the last minute since Vandy was lowkey expensive. Glad I did.:takedat:

I think blacks made up, what, 10% of the schools population but for whatever reason I’d say like 60% of the Black people were from Memphis which was mind boggling. I was the only black person in some of my classes, especially my majors courses. Memphis nikkas being Memphis nikkas we had a “reputation” but the black students all still had fun with each other. I even overheard some white bytches in one of my labs refer to the city and one of the predominately black dorms as “Memphrica”:picard: Definitely learned about racism that day.

Overall my experience was positive. 10/10 would recommend :yeshrug:
My brother goes to Mississippi State, and he said them white folks called the dorm he stayed at “Memphrica” because a lot of Memphis brehs stayed there.

Never been to Memphis, but it’s one of the cities I want to visit. I lived in Mississippi for a long time, but I was on the coast...a good 5/6 hrs from the M.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Use to stay in Memphis in 2009 with my god moms after high school she stayed in Bartlett use to help with her cleaning business

Club senses was cool

Use to hit cactus jack on sundays sometimes that shyt was life changing as a youngin

Use to hoop at the navy base

Do they still have big bills bbq?

Overall I had some good times

Yeah he’s still in business. Never had his food but he comes to my job all the time.

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Yes ma'am :lolbron:

But the story behind that smiley is kinda sad :mjcry:

Whats the story breh? I know last summer TW3 was up here doing shows in BK. My white co-worker went to see it and chopped it up with him a bit.

Seeems like he's doing ok and not trying to go back to the pen. I was surprised as hell that ppl knew him here (besides me and the whie kid who was from Fla)

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Off subject for a bit but @Akan I didn't know you were from the Chi. That's interesting because, I meet alot folks from the Midwest who moved down here from Chicago, Detroit, and Indiana. Hell half my family on my mom's side is from Chicago and Indiana lol that Midwest and Southern connection:blessed:

I’m from the chi and my grandfather side is from Memphis, so i know i got some cousins down there

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
Whats the story breh? I know last summer TW3 was up here doing shows in BK. My white co-worker went to see it and chopped it up with him a bit.

Seeems like he's doing ok and not trying to go back to the pen. I was surprised as hell that ppl knew him here (besides me and the whie kid who was from Fla)
Nah, he was on his way home leaving the homie C-9 Da Fastest's funeral. It won't recent, this happened back in 2014

invalid

Banned
Daps
Memphis would be a gorgeous city if it cleaned itself up. Some of my most memorable moments down there would be jogging right at dawn on the riverfront. Absolutely beautiful and I've seen beautiful cities.

My pop's side came to Chicago from Memphis and Northern Mississippi. I spent my first year in college down there as his family had some historical ties to the school. Left after the first year but some of my closest friends to this day were the friends that I made freshman year.

Yes sir this is so true. Kats would be from chicago. But parents or grandparents from Mississippi, Tennesse, Alabama and Arkansas. Kats would gangbang and get in trouble then get sent down south and gangbang there too.

You see the same shyt in latin countries. Latin American gangbangers fukk up and they parents send them back to their home country and they bring that gangbanging shyt there.

This is true. My first year in college down there, all the shyt started on campus was from the Chicago nikkas and to a lesser extent the Detroit nikkas who followed behind the Chi nikkas. Everyone else was cool as hell and not on no bullshyt.