THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
How many people did batman kill. Star Lord and Groot caught more bodies than the whole Dark Knight trilogy combined. So it cant be the death and destruction because GOTG got Dark Knight beat and it's not even close. Some of the deaths were graphic.

So the only thing you can possibly harp on is the dialog. Everyone took themselves too seriously, so basically when characters have fun and are not serious all the time well it must be a kids movie. :mjpls:

:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No matter how serious they tried to make it at the end of the day he was still just a nikka in a batman suit. A costume. :mjpls: It was a family friendly movie. minimum violence and no blood. How many people did batman kill. Star Lord and Groot caught more bodies than the whole Dark Knight trilogy combined. So it cant be the death and destruction because GOTG got Dark Knight beat and it's not even close. Some of the deaths were graphic.

So the only thing you can possibly harp on is the dialog. Everyone took themselves too seriously, so basically when characters have fun and are not serious all the time well it must be a kids movie. :mjpls:

Then you complained about the sets being too kiddy and colorful :usure:. You reaching with that one.

I don't know how many people star lord killed, because it's a childs movie and the deaths aren't emotionally connected they are just mindless fodder with no identity like PUDDIES in power rangers, not mention THERE NOT GRAPHIC

Blade sucking on the chick's neck to regain his power is more graphic than anything in Guardians of the Galaxy VISUALLY

You clearly do not understand

Now I understand how people fall for advertising and marketing without even knowing it

Yes The Dark Knight is the same thing as Batman Forever on paper

just like the Sword of the Stone is the same as Excalibur on paper if you want to describe it

but film is a visual medium, tones of the films are totally different, they're marketed in total different ways

in the Lego Batman game, they use the DANNY ELFMAN batman theme, not the Hans Zimmer, because it harkens back to the kids movie

The man of steel was not kids a movie, they tried to take it and make it a drama, even though a child could go see it, it's not a child's movie how it was designed

the spider-man movies are children movies, so if you can admit that why can't you admit Guardians of the Galaxy is a kids movie

Last edited:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And that's best on what? Your opinion? Marvel aint gonna make a movie with an established market for a demographic that small. And the Director wanted to ensure he got a sequel so he wasn't going to do that neither. You're reaching on everything but have nothing to back it up with. A non cartoon, non animated movie with no established characters was made solely for kids? AND its put in a summer block buster category?

It doesn't add up.
Lol yes this was clearly made to get as many asses in the seats as possible. Aka a movie for everyone.

Why is he so determined to undermine it by saying it's for children:pachaha:

If it was for kids, them nikkas got every child in the country to come out and see this joint :wow:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol yes this was clearly made to get as many asses in the seats as possible. Aka a movie for everyone.

Why is he so determined to undermine it by saying it's for children:pachaha:

If it was for kids, them nikkas got every child in the country to come out and see this joint :wow:

No grown ups go to see kids movies to relive their child hood

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't know how many people star lord killed, because it's a childs movie and the deaths are emotionally connected they are just mindless fodder with no identity like PUDDIES in power rangers

You clearly do not understand

Now I understand how people fall for advertising and marketing without even knowing it

Yes The Dark Knight is the same thing as Batman Forever on paper

just like the Sword of the Stone is the same as Excalibur on paper if you want to describe it

but film is a visual medium, tones of the films are totally different, they're marketed in total different ways

in the Lego Batman game, they use the DANNY ELFMAN batman theme, not the Hans Zimmer, because it harkens back to the kids movie

The man of steel was not kids a movie, they tried to take it and make it a drama, even though a child could go see it, it's not a child's movie how it was designed

the spider-man movies are children movies, so if you can admit that why can't you admit Guardians of the Galaxy is a kids movie

1. Batman markets itself. People go to see the costumes and gadgets.
2. The tone of Batman Begins was getting of a fear of bats and crime fighting
3. Visually The Dark Night trilogy was less dark than the OG batman movies. The only thing that changed was using real cities instead of fake studio back drops, but Gotham is still a make believe city.
4. The undertones were still the same Batman fights crime and has a love interest in every movie.

So basically using Chicago and New York as Gotham makes it a serious movie for adults now? :mjpls:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why not? Star Wars is Star Wars.... UNLESS Guardians of the Galaxy has the SAME KIND of cultural impact and influence that literally transformed film making as we may know it... it will NEVER be "this generation's" STAR WARS. They are not remotely in the same LEAGUE. Star Wars was a literal GAME CHANGER. And the fact that the franchise is still going as strong as it is IN SPITE of having weak prequels only proves that fact. You have now a NEW generation of people reintroduced to STAR WARS therefore there cannot be another alternative saying it's "this version of"....

Again, Guardians is comparable to Flash Gordon. A fun space odyssey with a banging soundtrack.

Breh....I'm not the one that started the "Star Wars" comparisons. So you can give all these reasons why you personally don't think it fits....it's irrelevant....the comparisons have been going on since the movie dropped, anyway.

I'm not even saying I agree with them, but it exists obviously, which is why I addressed it. I didn't pull this comparison out of the clear blue sky.

Nobody is sitting there in the lobby, after seeing this like "but what about cultural impact and influence?" For some people this movie gave them their "Star Wars" fix more than the actual recent "Star Wars" movies. That's what people are saying.

And let's keep it 100 here. The only reason that franchise is still going strong after the prequels is because it's fanbase is fanatical and will support anything with the "Star Wars" name on it.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. Batman markets itself. People go to see the costumes and gadgets.
2. The tone of Batman Begins was getting of a fear of bats and crime fighting
3. Visually The Dark Night trilogy was less dark than the OG batman movies. The only thing that changed was using real cities instead of fake studio back drops, but Gotham is still a make believe city.
4. The undertones were still the same Batman fights crime and has a love interest in every movie.

So basically using Chicago and New York as Gotham makes it a serious movie for adults now? :mjpls:

Can you stop being a moron for one second

1. That's how Batman is normally marketed, Nolan did something different with the character

2. You don't know what Tone is, this is why you are confused, what you describe was the PREMISE OF THE MOVIE

3. Dark HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Goddamn. The OG Batman movies were CARTOON LIKE, Batman Returns had penguins with rockets on them

The way the movie was made was for an adult mind to digest not a child's. Instead of it being batman, it could have been just about a rich guy who puts on a mask and goes out to be a vigilante, without dressing as bat, or having any references to the comic. the Joker could been just a crazy guy like the arsonist in backdraft, and you would still have the exact same movie without the superhero tag.

If you don't understand theme and tone, I don't know what tell you. The feel of the movies are different, i'd rather Batman be a child's movie than trying to make it an adult one

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Can you stop being a moron for one second

1. That's how Batman is normally marketed, Nolan did something different with the character

2. You don't know what Tone is, this is why you are confused, what you describe was the PREMISE OF THE MOVIE

3. Dark HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Goddamn. The OG Batman movies were CARTOON LIKE, Batman Returns had penguins with rockets on them

The way the movie was made was for an adult mind to digest not a child's. Instead of it being batman, it could have been just about a rich guy who puts on a mask and goes out to be a vigilante, without dressing as bat, or having any references to the comic. the Joker could been just a crazy guy like the arsonist in backdraft, and you would still have the exact same movie without the superhero tag.

If you don't understand theme and tone, I don't know what tell you. The feel of the movies are different, i'd rather Batman be a child's movie than trying to make it an adult one

Ok, so tell me what about TDK went over kids heads? I know for a fact there was shyt in Guardians of the Galaxy that went over kids heads because I heard them asking their parents questions.
What did Nolan do different bedsides upgrade the suit and make batman's voice sound :scusthov:?

Batman and Batman returns were made in 1989 and 1992. The special effects were meh at best back then. And it was the penguin so why wouldn't he use penguins to carry rockets :mindblown:

So basically what you're implying is TDK trilogy was a basic crime drama with batman in it? And TDK Rises was ass by the way. Plot holes galore. That's what happens when you try to take a comic book character/movie and give it "realism/serious" undertones.

But hey at least I'm giving specifics. I also gave you specifics about why GOTG wasn't targeted to 8 - 14 year olds. The amount of violence and death throughout the movie. The adult themes....

But at the end of the day fam... BOTH MOVIES WERE RATED PG-13. So if Guardians was made for kids, so was TDK, and since TDK had less graphic death, minimum profanity, no nudity and no graphic violence, it's more of a kids movie than Guardians Of The Galaxy.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nolan basically took what George Costanza said in this clip and applied it to his movies

If the actors look annoyed and deep in thought, you will forget you're watching GOTDAMN COMIC BOOK MOVIE

Christian-Bale-Voice.jpg

henry-cavill-stands-tall-in-new-man-of-steel-image-132735-a-1366389367-470-75.jpg

heath-ledger-the-joker.jpg

DarkKnight6Rachel.jpg

Make the camera filters darker and make their costumes darker and you have a darker more serious movie.. And you'll have people like @Master Teacher preaching to the heavens it wasn't a comic book movies that kids would want to see.

:camby:

Its still a comic book movie nikka :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, so tell me what about TDK went over kids heads? I know for a fact there was shyt in Guardians of the Galaxy that went over kids heads because I heard them asking their parents questions.
What did Nolan do different bedsides upgrade the suit and make batman's voice sound :scusthov:?

Batman and Batman returns were made in 1989 and 1992. The special effects were meh at best back then. And it was the penguin so why wouldn't he use penguins to carry rockets :mindblown:

So basically what you're implying is TDK trilogy was a basic crime drama with batman in it? And TDK Rises was ass by the way. Plot holes galore. That's what happens when you try to take a comic book character/movie and give it "realism/serious" undertones.

But hey at least I'm giving specifics. I also gave you specifics about why GOTG wasn't targeted to 8 - 14 year olds. The amount of violence and death throughout the movie. The adult themes....

But at the end of the day fam... BOTH MOVIES WERE RATED PG-13. So if Guardians was made for kids, so was TDK, and since TDK had less graphic death, minimum profanity, no nudity and no graphic violence, it's more of a kids movie than Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Jesus christ man

TDK knight was clearly had things about the Patriot Act and politically messages that would go over a kid's head

PG-13 rating has nothing to do with it, that just has to do with imagery, if a movie doesn't have graphic language or images, it can get ratings under R

Contact is RATED PG and it's not a child's film and so is the Trueman show

nobody asked their parents questions about shyt in guardian galaxy other than the music, there's nothing to ask about in this movie, there's no underlining theme, other than hey WE'RE FRIENDS, now different than Power Rangers, Captain Planet, and every other child show

the film was a good popcorn movie even though the third act dragged, my gripe was with the reviews acting like this was some magnum opus

Comparing to star wars, I've shytted on star wars plenty of times, because people go over bored, but this movie does not compare to star wars

the so called bond with the characters is artificial, groot and rac00n are the only characters who bond, but they were already bonded to start with because they depended on each other from the beginning, and the only scene reflecting that is when he shields them from the crash, which was some bullshyt, but nevermind that, it was the high point of the film on the emotional level.

Drax has to tell the audience he has bonded and found friends

However in Star Wars, each of the main characters truly meet each other for the first time, and we SEE THEM BOND

In the trash compactor scene, this is the moment they become friends and comrades, it's not told, it is shown. The desperation, and then the joy of surviving the ordeal propelled them into friendship

there's no scene like that in guardians of the galaxy

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The problem with the thread is people are trying to compartmentalize what's already a subgenre of cinema.

Kids love "The Dark Knight". Kids love "GoTG". So far so good?

Here's where people get lost: neither are necessarily kids movies.

Fred.