THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm sorry I have to beat a dead horse... And I don't mean to hijack this thread briefly but I want to finalize a point of buddy claiming ALL these Marvel associated movies have been Marvel past the current MCU ones.

http://www.slashfilm.com/amazing-spider-man-2-alternate-ending/

One of the issues with this summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was that there was just too much damn story to get through. Electro’s origin, Harry’s reappearance, Harry’s transformation into the Green Goblin, Gwen Stacy’s relationship with Peter, the Rhino’s introduction… it was a lot to take in.

As it turns out, though, it could’ve been worse. An alternate ending making the rounds reveals yet another crazy twist that got excised at the last minute. Hit the jump for more details on the scene. (Spoilers for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 follow.)

Video footage of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 alternate ending hit the web today. Sony keeps yanking embeds, unsurprisingly, though we saw it here: Post. We’ve included a detailed description below.

The scene takes place toward the end of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, with Peter mourning at Gwen Stacy’s grave. Suddenly, Richard Parker appears behind him, looking grizzled with a short white beard. Yes, thatRichard Parker. The one who was supposed to have died in the plane crash shown at the start of the movie.
Initially, Peter seems upset, but he thaws as the two start talking. Richard apologizes profusely and explains that he had to disappear to avoid Oscorp and protect Peter. But naturally, all of the mysteries surrounding the dad’s supposed death and miraculous not-death are left open-ended because then there’d be no subplot to pick up on in the sequel.

Peter and his father hug, sit down on a bench, and talk some more. The dad gives a speech about how he thought he was going to save the world, but he now realizes that Peter’s the one destined to save the world. The conversation culminates in Peter’s dad delivering the “with great power comes great responsibility” line traditionally given by Uncle Ben. (As Badass Digest recently reported from the shooting script.)

It’s not clear at what point Sony and director Marc Webb decided to ditch the scene, but it was clearly late enough in the game that the footage had already been shot. So modern-day Richard Parker joinsShailene Woodley‘s Mary-Jane Watson in the category of Amazing Spider-Man 2 cameos who got chopped after filming.

It’s easier to guess why they dropped the scene. For one thing, the last thing The Amazing Spider-Man 2needed was more plot. (That’s also why MJ got the axe.) For another, it’s a big bombshell that had the potential to piss off purists and confuse newbies — not exactly the kind of thing you want to throw down casually. Not to mention that the timing really detracts from the emotional punch of Gwen Stacy’s death.

So we can’t say we’re especially sorry to see this exchange go. The idea that Richard Parker might still be alive is an unusual twist, but it’d be a radical reinvention of Peter’s traditional orphan narrative. Do you hope Sony brings Richard Parker back in the next installment, or would you rather see him stay dead?

I just want point out when they refer to the control or direction of this movie never is it said MARVEL, always it's either SONY or the respective DIRECTOR.

In conclusion, yes these are Marvel characters from the comics but Marvel doesn't fully own the studio rights, nor do they have control of the direction

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just watched it. shyt was dope. Movie looked incredible in IMAX 3D. :wow:

I'm gonna address a couple of the things in this thread.

1. Is this a kid's movie?

Short answer, a mom dies from cancer in literally the first 5 minutes of the movie....so I'm gonna say "no".

Longer answer, no. It's a fun movie that never takes itself too seriously, but there was nothing overly kiddie or childish in the movie. The way dudes was talking I thought I was in for "Care Bears" or some shyt.

I went to the IMAX showing at 4pm, so the theater wasn't very full, I didn't hold a poll or anything but looking around I'd say the average age there was mid 20's. There was one family there with kids.

As far as the "lego ads!" argument, the ads before my movie was some new phone by LG, XBOX1, and a bunch of new dramas starting this fall. So we need to toss that argument out the window.

2. Is this the new "Star Wars"?

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer so people don't lose their minds:

Yes, it is the new "Star Wars" to someone. Some of you cats need to come to grips with the fact that a whole generation of people was introduced to "Star Wars" via the prequels, which were mediocre at best, terrible at worst. So they don't have that kind of reverence for the "Star Wars" franchise that we do.

So yes, I'm sure to a lot of young people Peter Quill is their Han Solo. Groot is their Chewbacca. Ronan is their Darth Vader, Thanos is their Emperor Palpatine. And before someone nerds out and says :mindblown: "Ronan ain't shyt compared to Darth Vader!"....again, these people probably don't give enough of a fukk about Vader, or "Star Wars" in general, to even engage you in that argument. Because they have no frame of reference for how awesome Vader is supposed to be.

Random thoughts:
Zoe Saldana wasn't very good in this. Some of her line readings were :patrice:just flat. I'm gonna blame that on the director moreso than her, because he approved what they shot, and she's normally a great actress.

Thanos sonning the shyt out of Ronan was :krs: but didn't make much sense story-wise, because we know who Thanos is, and how he gets down, but most people just seen the main antagonist of the movie get sonned, so it deflated him as a threat. IMO it would've made more sense for Ronan to fail, then at the end be killed by Thanos.

I have no idea how this movie is making so much money, because it's dense as fukk in terms of information presented. And I actually somewhat know the source material. I dunno how the average person ain't watching it like :dwillhuh: just straight tuning out when they're talking about The Celestials or the Infinity Stones, or any of that crazy shyt.

Fred.

Last edited:

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Dope flick. Wasn't feeling the way Ronan went out but other than that it was a good summer flick just behind DOFP and Apes for me. The nitpicking from the fake Eberts in here is :russ: and :snoop: At the same time.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Short answer, a mom dies from cancer in literally the first 5 minutes of the movie....so I'm gonna say "no".

Longer answer, no. It's a fun movie that never takes itself too seriously, but there was nothing overly kiddie or childish in the movie. The way dudes was talking I thought I was in for "Care Bears" or some shyt.

I went to the IMAX showing at 4pm, so the theater wasn't very full, I didn't hold a poll or anything but looking around I'd say the average age there was mid 20's. There was one family there with kids.

As far as the "lego ads!" argument, the ads before my movie was some new phone by LG, XBOX1, and a bunch of new dramas starting this fall. So we need to toss that argument out the window.

Short answer, yes.

Yes, it is the new "Star Wars" to someone. Some of you cats need to come to grips with the fact that a whole generation of people was introduced to "Star Wars" via the prequels, which were mediocre at best, terrible at worst. So they don't have that kind of reverence for the "Star Wars" franchise that we do.

So yes, I'm sure to a lot of young people Peter Quill is their Han Solo. Groot is their Chewbacca. Ronan is their Darth Vader, Thanos is their Emperor Palpatine. And before someone nerds out and says :mindblown: "Ronan ain't shyt compared to Darth Vader!"....again, these people probably don't give enough of a fukk about Vader, or "Star Wars" in general, to even engage you in that argument. Because they have no frame of reference for how awesome Vader is supposed to be.

Random thoughts:
Zoe Saldana wasn't very good in this. Some of her line readings were :patrice:just flat. I'm gonna blame that on the director moreso than her, because he approved what they shot, and she's normally a great actress.

Thanos sonning the shyt out of Ronan was :krs: but didn't make much sense story-wise, because we know who Thanos is, and how he gets down, but most people just seen the main antagonist of the movie get sonned, so it deflated him as a threat. IMO it would've made more sense for Ronan to fail, then at the end be killed by Thanos.

I have no idea how this movie is making so much money, because it's dense as fukk in terms of information presented. And I actually somewhat know the source material. I dunno how the average person ain't watching it like :dwillhuh: just straight tuning out when they're talking about The Celestials or the Infinity Stones, or any of that crazy shyt.

Fred.

Marvel has a loyal following. They know all of their movies are connected.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dope flick. Wasn't feeling the way Ronan went out but other than that it was a good summer flick just behind DOFP and Apes for me. The nitpicking from the fake Eberts in here is :russ: and :snoop: At the same time.

I dunno how long the movie was, but it could've been 30+ minutes longer, there was too much going on. They could've shown Ronan blowing up a few settlements, shyt like that, because he looked like a fukking animal, but went out like :ld:

If I had one major complaint it would be the movie should've been a bit longer, which is something I virtually never say.

Fred.

Jefe Blanco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I dunno how long the movie was, but it could've been 30+ minutes longer, there was too much going on. They could've shown Ronan blowing up a few settlements, shyt like that, because he looked like a fukking animal, but went out like :ld:

If I had one major complaint it would be the movie should've been a bit longer, which is something I virtually never say.

Fred.

Think it was about two hours, but you're right this is one movie that could have used another 15-20 minutes to flesh the story out some more. More time spent on Ronan and Drax and his story about his family could of been worked on too.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Short answer, yes.

Random thoughts:

Fred.
i'm with you on #2 breh

lots of kids in my theatre and they were completely enamored

hell i'm damn near 30 and i loved it so much i almost bought groot and rocket toys on amazon immediately after :shaq2:

most people my age got introduced to star wars by the re-releases in the late 90s which was smart on lucas part.. but as you said the prequels were :camby:

this has tons of merchandising potential. I think it's gonna out star wars stars wars like ariana grande is currently out mariah caryinng mariah carey.
jTM8ag64IK6xr.png

guess we'll see with the sequels of both
jTM8ag64IK6xr.png

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Short answer, yes.

Random thoughts:

Fred.

I see your still butt hurt over the kids shyt

Bambi's mother was shot and died, Muffassa was kiled in a cold blood by Scar
Captain Hook was eating by an alligator

these were all kids movies. People die in kids movies all the time

if you don't know why this is a kids movie, I don't know what to say to you

2. this is not star wars in any shape or form, not financially, not culturally, nothing

peter quill is not hand solo, groot is not chewbacca, just stop

3. the acting in this movie was all like that, because thats the type of movie it is

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

2. this is not star wars in any shape or form, not financially, not culturally, nothing

3. the acting in this movie was all like that, because thats the type of movie it is

The only person butt hurt in here is you. Look at how you responded to #2....homie....again, the world is full of people that don't care about your opinion, or your reverence for "Star Wars". Yeah, you're right, Peter Quill isn't Han Solo to them because they don't know/give a fukk about Han Solo to even make the comparison. But Starlord is an iconic character to them, same as Han Solo, or anyone is to you.

You can sit here and write 15 paragraphs on why that's not right, it's not going to change a thing. Nor do I expect you to stop, because you have an obvious vendetta against this movie.

So do you. :manny:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only person butt hurt in here is you. Look at how you responded to #2....homie....again, the world is full of people that don't care about your opinion, or your reverence for "Star Wars". Yeah, you're right, Peter Quill isn't Han Solo to them because they don't know/give a fukk about Han Solo to even make the comparison. But Starlord is an iconic character to them, same as Han Solo, or anyone is to you.

You can sit here and write 15 paragraphs on why that's not right, it's not going to change a thing. Nor do I expect you to stop, because you have an obvious vendetta against this movie.

Fred.

I was negged rep to negative hundreds for shytting on stars wars in this forum, you don't know what the fukk you're talking about

I said the movie was quality, you keep on bringing up his not kids movie, because I said it was, YOU ARE BUTT HURT

it's not star wars, simply because its not, it's ridiculous to make the comparison

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I agree with duke from a while back that said this feels more like fifth element than Star Wars.

Now impact wise, for this new young generation I could see it having a Star Wars type impact on a lower scale. But feel wise, I think it matches more with something like the fifth element.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Dreyfuss also recalls a meeting with a ‘very glum’ Lucas in a restaurant just as work on Star Wars was winding down.

‘George said, “I made a kids’ film,” and he had wanted to make an adult film

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inced-Star-Wars-dream-flop.html#ixzz39U61gGut

9HQ8YTy.png

• Dap

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Fred.
These nikkas hate for people that enjoy marvels recent products got them fresh out the oven type heated. Bringing up marvel in a thread about the princess diaries type heated :banderas:

• Dap
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These nikkas hate for people that enjoy marvels recent products got them fresh out the oven type heated. Bringing up marvel in a thread about the princess diaries type heated :banderas:

I enjoyed the movie for what it was a good kids film, I've stated that, I don't hate the film

you marvel stans just get butt hurt because you think I'm calling you kids for liking the film and I'm not