THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
So your argument is that aslong as it the movie has a strong fan base from the offset/ played a vital role in people's childhoods, it will do numbers? So what is the reason behind Superman Returns flopping? I mean its one of those titles that should always sell
hnXLQAe.png
The film ranked at the top in its opening weekend, accumulating $52,535,096.[57] Within five days, Superman Returns took in $84.2 million, a new record for Warner Bros., beating out The Matrix Revolutions (2003), which has since been surpassed by The Dark Knight (2008).[58]

The film's second week gross rapidly declined from the first week, due to the presence of Dead Man's Chest and The Devil Wears Prada.[58]Superman Returns went on to gross $200,081,192 in North America and $191 million internationally, earning $391,081,192 worldwide.[57] Domestically, the film was the sixth-highest grossing film of 2006.[60] In worldwide totals, Superman Returns was ninth-highest.[61]

Is that a flop???? Maybe for a Superman film, but for any other film thats a win
Even the animated ninja turtles filmed did well in box office

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:heh:

No they weren't. You are wildly rewriting history right now.

The Avengers were never a tier 1 team. They were tier 2, at best.

You're seriously telling me Thor is tier 1? :camby:

Superman, Spiderman, Batman, etc. is tier 1. Hulk, I'll give you. Thor? fukk no. Captain America? fukk no. Ironman? fukk no. Unless you roll exclusively with comic nerds I don't know how the hell you could think that.

What people like you fail to realize is everyone is a casual comic fan now. How you think "The Dark Knight" did $1 billion? How you think "Avengers" did $1.5 billion? Off comic book fans?

No, off regular people who, generally speaking, don't give a fukk about comics. Like I said, you cats are stuck in 1992 where you think Marvel or whoever has to tap into some underground nerd market to succeed. This trailer was well received at Comic-Con, it was well received across the 'net when it dropped, it trended on Twitter....meanwhile you think "casual comic fans" need to OK this. Get with the times breh.

Fred.

OK then GOTG are tier 4 characters, I'm not saying the movie gonna flop for sure........but it has to be a GOOD film, like I said look at Watchmen or Kickass 2, but we will wait and see.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because they are little known to the casual comic fan i think the involvement of Thanos alone is gonna bring people in cause everybody who didnt know him google that ass after the avengers plus its a summer movie in august. all the comp films will be out already

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
because they are little known to the casual comic fan i think the involvement of Thanos alone is gonna bring people in cause everybody who didnt know him google that ass after the avengers plus its a summer movie in august. all the comp films will be out already
Marvel has yet to market Thanos for this film though

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The film ranked at the top in its opening weekend, accumulating $52,535,096.[57] Within five days, Superman Returns took in $84.2 million, a new record for Warner Bros., beating out The Matrix Revolutions (2003), which has since been surpassed by The Dark Knight (2008).[58]

The film's second week gross rapidly declined from the first week, due to the presence of Dead Man's Chest and The Devil Wears Prada.[58]Superman Returns went on to gross $200,081,192 in North America and $191 million internationally, earning $391,081,192 worldwide.[57] Domestically, the film was the sixth-highest grossing film of 2006.[60] In worldwide totals, Superman Returns was ninth-highest.[61]

Is that a flop???? Maybe for a Superman film, but for any other film thats a win
Yes it's a flop. It's all dependent on the budget. If they don't gross double the budget, the studio loses money, therefore it was a flop.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Yes it's a flop. It's all dependent on the budget. If they don't gross double the budget, the studio loses money, therefore it was a flop.
I didn't search for the budget, but yea for a film like Superman that is a flop then........But what if GOTG turns out to be bad also?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

The Budget was 200 mill , it only made 205 mill domestically so it was a flop.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel has yet to market Thanos for this film though

Not yet but u know how us forum users dissect every bit of info and create hate or hype. If the fan excitement is low they might show a glimpse of him in a final trailer or something

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I didn't search for the budget, but yea for a film like Superman that is a flop then........But what if GOTG turns out to be bad also?

GOTG will do numbers breh, Marvel will have an easy time selling this to a new audience with its special effects and colorful characters. The movies you would prolly be right in claiming could be flops are "Ant - Man" and "Dr. Strange" i really don't see how these movies were greenlit.