THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Its obvious he's the big bad for Avengers 3

Why would they risk using him in large quantities on this when he's being hyped as the big bad for the Avengers

That's not what you said. You said his role will be similar to "Avengers". The president of Marvel has said his role will be "much bigger than that". You said "it's marketing" and "why risk him in large quantities?", which makes no sense. He was in "Avengers" for 5 seconds, nobody said he's gonna be a main character in this movie. They said he'll have a bigger role.

And they have to establish him as a threat at some point. They ain't gonna go from "5 second cameo" in the first movie to "main bad buy" in the 3rd one. Expect him to pop up here and there over the course of the next few movies.

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
That's not what you said. You said his role will be similar to "Avengers". The president of Marvel has said his role will be "much bigger than that". You said "it's marketing" and "why risk him in large quantities?", which makes no sense. He was in "Avengers" for 5 seconds, nobody said he's gonna be a main character in this movie. They said he'll have a bigger role.

And they have to establish him as a threat at some point. They ain't gonna go from "5 second cameo" in the first movie to "main bad buy" in the 3rd one. Expect him to pop up here and there over the course of the next few movies.

Fred.

Piggy backin on this post

However, it sounds like his role in the former is anther puppeteer sort of villain role. Gunn says, "Thanos is a character in our movie. He's the main sort of antagonist...in my movie Ronan works for Thanos, and Ronan is the main bad guy in our film." We're betting that Thanos has some kind of involvement in The Avengers: Age of Ultron, but considering the title, he's likely not the main bad guy there either. A lead-up to the infamous Infinity Gauntlet storyline in Phase Three sounds more and more likely.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Also Gomora is
In comics, Gamora is the most dangerous woman in the universe and the adopted daughter of Thanos, the Mad Titan

I'll bet we see her background story and how it ties into Thanos.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I bet that orb thing Starlord is trying to steal at the beginning of the trailer is another Gem.

Fred.

shyt is getting confusing because
The collector is supposed to be good i thought and is actually older and wiser than Thanos, he supposedly can look into the future and see how shyt will pan out....but at the end of Thor 2 it seemed to me like he was working for Thanos

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The collector is supposed to be good i thought and is actually older and wiser than Thanos, he supposedly can look into the future and see how shyt will pan out....but at the end of Thor 2 it seemed to me like he was working for Thanos

He's not necessarily always good. He tried to collect The Avengers before. He's a little off in the head.

Basically he collects shyt as a hobby, in some cases he does save things that will be destroyed, or fall into the wrong hands, but it's possible he has no connection to Thanos and will try to collect the Gems because he sees how valuable they are. Or, it's even possible that he's collecting the Gems solely to keep them away from Thanos, and will fail.

Fred.

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
He's not necessarily always good. He tried to collect The Avengers before. He's a little off in the head.

Basically he collects shyt as a hobby, in some cases he does save things that will be destroyed, or fall into the wrong hands, but it's possible he has no connection to Thanos and will try to collect the Gems because he sees how valuable they are. Or, it's even possible that he's collecting the Gems solely to keep them away from Thanos, and will fail.

Fred.

He's considered a villan in this movie though.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Rocket and Groot partnership reminds me of Master Blaster pairing off of Mad Max.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

:noah: Zoey Saldana

:dwillhuh: Why didn't they mention that Gamora was
Gamora was raised and trained by Thanos to assassinate the Magus, an evil alternate version of Adam Warlock. Thanos showed her little kindness during her childhood, but Gamora was very loyal to the man who promised her the opportunity to avenge the death of her family

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Where the fukk is the trailer? I thought it was supposed to drop today.

Fred.
debuting on some late nite show at 1135
Since when has the collector been a good guy? Dude just collects things, people even.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
debuting on some late nite show at 1135

Since when has the collector been a good guy? Dude just collects things, people even.

I phrased it wrong, less good more insightful. I was tryna argue the point that i don't see him working for Thanos because he for all intents and purposes, Thanos is bad and the Collector can see that and can see what giving the gems to Thanos would look like for the universe.