THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This has a budget of $150 million??? :wtf: This is gonna flop hard.

The comic crowd alone will insure this don't flop. People went nuts over the trailer at Comic-Con.

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Comic fans alone won't help it get to 300 million

It will do numbers because it serving as an appetizer into what Avengers 2 and other Marvel flicks could pan out to be. Even if it gets bad reviews, people will go watch it and play it off like :yeshrug:" i just wanted to see how this all affects the next marvel movies" etc

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Not saying that it will not sell over $300 mil, but I think y'all saying it will most def sell over is wishful thinking......For one IMO the Marvel brand has taken a hit by agents of shield.....Second, we are dealing with a property that only the hardcore hardcore comic fans know of, if this movie gets bad reviews, it will flop

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Comic fans alone will easily put that shyt above $300 mill. You're living in 1992 man. Comics ain't some kind of fringe entertainment any more. The Coli has this same conversation every time a Marvel movie is announced.

Fred.
Same way Green Lantern movie did???? It has to be a good movie to gross over 300 mil

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Same way Green Lantern movie did???? It has to be a good movie to gross over 300 mil

The Coli has this same conversation every time a Marvel movie is announced.

:what:

People said the exact same shyt about "Hulk", "Thor", "Captain America", "Thor 2"....hell, even the first "Iron Man". I could understand making this argument about these Marvel movies 5-6 years ago....but to continue being wrong, in 2014? You cats still don't see a pattern here? :wtf:

And :heh: at "it has to be a good movie". "Ironman 3" was fukking terrible and did $1.2 billion. You seriously think "Thor" did $450 mill off public interest in Thor? Nobody gives a fukk about Thor. Like I said these movies can coast off being tied into "The Avengers".

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Not saying that it will not sell over $300 mil, but I think y'all saying it will most def sell over is wishful thinking......For one IMO the Marvel brand has taken a hit by agents of shield.....Second, we are dealing with a property that only the hardcore hardcore comic fans know of, if this movie gets bad reviews, it will flop

:usure: Transformers.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1962819_10152199323882488_1586208259_n.jpg

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:what:

People said the exact same shyt about "Hulk", "Thor", "Captain America", "Thor 2"....hell, even the first "Iron Man". I could understand making this argument about these Marvel movies 5-6 years ago....but to continue being wrong, in 2014? You cats still don't see a pattern here? :wtf:

And :heh: at "it has to be a good movie". "Ironman 3" was fukking terrible and did $1.2 billion. Like I said these movies can coast off being tied into "The Avengers".

Fred.
All those heroes you mentioned are well known by casual comic book fans, those are first tier heroes........There is a large chunk of casual comic readers or casual Marvel fans who had no ideal of who GOTG were till the movie was announced...case in point Watchmen, which flopped

O and Ironman 3 got good ratings, only the coli hated it

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All those heroes you mentioned are well known by casual comic book fans, those are first tier heroes........There is a large chunk of casual comic readers or casual Marvel fans who had no ideal of who GOTG were till the movie was announced....

:heh:

No they weren't. You are wildly rewriting history right now.

The Avengers were never a tier 1 team. They were tier 2, at best.

You're seriously telling me Thor is tier 1? :camby:

Superman, Spiderman, Batman, etc. is tier 1. Hulk, I'll give you. Thor? fukk no. Captain America? fukk no. Ironman? fukk no. Unless you roll exclusively with comic nerds I don't know how the hell you could think that.

What people like you fail to realize is everyone is a casual comic fan now. How you think "The Dark Knight" did $1 billion? How you think "Avengers" did $1.5 billion? Off comic book fans?

No, off regular people who, generally speaking, don't give a fukk about comics. Like I said, you cats are stuck in 1992 where you think Marvel or whoever has to tap into some underground nerd market to succeed. This trailer was well received at Comic-Con, it was well received across the 'net when it dropped, it trended on Twitter....meanwhile you think "casual comic fans" need to OK this. Get with the times breh.

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Who wasn't a fan of Transformers as a kid, Transformers will always sell, same as Batman, Superman, and Spiderman

So your argument is that aslong as it the movie has a strong fan base from the offset/ played a vital role in people's childhoods, it will do numbers? So what is the reason behind Superman Returns flopping? I mean its one of those titles that should always sell
hnXLQAe.png