THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Well technically, its $1.99, but its a really awesome historical landmark, complete with a balcony and organ player. Snacks are cheap too. If you ever visit Richmond, check out The Byrd Theatre.

That's beautiful.

Always been my dream to buy a small theatre like that.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It's a corny and pretentious statement. It's as bad as posters in the booth calling albums that just released timeless classics. You can't bestow a statement like that on a movie or album. It happens on its own.

Actually your objection to me calling it a classic is pretentious 'cause it's really not that serious. This is a message board. I'm not a NY Times film critic who can actually drive sales or court public and industry opinion about whether this movie is worthy of the label "classic". I'm just a fan. And for me, it already is a classic. Your offense at my personal use of the term is a bit much.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Actually your objection to me calling it a classic is pretentious 'cause it's really not that serious. This is a message board. I'm not a NY Times film critic who can actually drive sales or court public and industry opinion about whether this movie is worthy of the label "classic". I'm just a fan. And for me, it already is a classic. Your offense at my personal use of the term is a bit much.
:stopitslime: my offense is you saying the film will never age. It's a dumb statement. And this thread is full of them.

I don't care that you like the film. I hate the watering down of language by people constantly making ridiculous comments.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Well technically, its $1.99, but its a really awesome historical landmark, complete with a balcony and organ player. Snacks are cheap too. If you ever visit Richmond, check out The Byrd Theatre.

Thats whats up.. good looking out

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People can enjoy movies and still have problems and criticisms. It's not an either or situation.

I know marvel films seem to only exist in some strange hyperbole land where everyone needs to claim they are the greatest gift to cinema.
No one saying you can't have criticism but like I said nothing in his description sounds like he enjoyed it. On the same token not everyone has to likes popular movie , I hate gravity would never watch it again but i wasn't in the Gravity thread bad mouthing and stuff

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
No one saying you can't have criticism but like I said nothing in his description sounds like he enjoyed it. On the same token not everyone has to likes popular movie , I hate gravity would never watch it again but i wasn't in the Gravity thread bad mouthing and stuff
I feel you but that's just called having a discussion. If every film/music thread was just filled with posts of only of those who like or love said film that wouldn't be beneficial to anybody because it would make the films appear perfect and wouldn't illicit any honest discussion. And then it would just be a giant circle jerk with no climax.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:stopitslime: my offense is you saying the film will never age. It's a dumb statement. And this thread is full of them.

I don't care that you like the film. I hate the watering down of language by people constantly making ridiculous comments.

Since films are an subjective art form, and the criteria for rating them is a timeless debate, I hardly think you can tell me what my rubric is or should be for calling a movie a classic. I have yet to judge a movie a classic that has not remained on my classic list. However, if you are talking about a public and consensus based vote, then fine, you are free to wait until this movie is 20 years old before uttering the word classic. Until then, it remains a classic in my book, and no one is gonna tell me I can't call it that.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I feel you but that's just called having a discussion. If every film/music thread was just filled with posts of only of those who like or love said film that wouldn't be beneficial to anybody because it would make the films appear perfect and wouldn't illicit any honest discussion. And then it would just be a giant circle jerk with no climax.
speak for yourself :shaq:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do you guys like the idea of the Guardians teaming up with the Avengers in Infinity Wars? 'Cause I honestly don't.

Why not? It would be comedy.

Regardless, the Avengers are gonna need the whole fukking MCU because once Thanos gets up off that space recliner it's a wrap.

Fred.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Finally saw this shyt yesterday. Was expecting way more from all the hype it got, but I guess I can say that about every marvel movie.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Am I the only one that's :dead: about the fact that Vin Diesel probably got millions to say 3 words over and over again???