THE OFFICIAL Marvel's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Thread

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You know... it's funny you say that.... cause I think she IS an alternate universe Sue Richards..... it's just a nagging suspicion, though. I got nothing to support it.

The writer of the book (Jonathan Hickman) has said awhile back that she's not alternate Sue Storm.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
They have to familiarize the public with them because the characters are obscure as fukk. Some people in here fronting like it's some incredibly well known property when in reality most of these characters went decades without being used and many of them were completely re imagined upon their reintroduction. Drax in particular went though multiple changes before becoming the character he is today.

word these are not even the original Guardians.

I guess no one got love for charlie-57 :to:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I've followed marvel for YEARS, they were fringe characters. Marvel's cosmic arc have historically been treated as less important than the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man lines. It wasn't really until Annihilation that the characters gained any significant popularity.

after years of trying dax finally kills Thanos then all sudden he is not fringe :russ:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've followed marvel for YEARS, they were fringe characters. Marvel's cosmic arc have historically been treated as less important than the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Spider-Man lines. It wasn't really until Annihilation that the characters gained any significant popularity.

Eh at what period were you reading marvel ? First the avengers were constantly part of the cosmic arcs the avengers also was filled with d leaguers and random characters for years ... I mean who didn't know Goliath ( hawk eye ) crystal , mantis , cersi, wonder man , black knight , white version of vision , jack of hearts , moon dragon ( oh look a cosmic hero ) drax and gamora were part of the infinity gauntlet , infinity crusade etc i don't think they are as horribly obscure as your acting

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh at what period were you reading marvel ? First the avengers were constantly part of the cosmic arcs the avengers also was filled with d leaguers and random characters for years ... I mean who didn't know Goliath ( hawk eye ) crystal , mantis , cersi, wonder man , black knight , white version of vision , jack of hearts , moon dragon ( oh look a cosmic hero ) drax and gamora were part of the infinity gauntlet , infinity crusade etc i don't think they are as horribly obscure as your acting

I got Marvel comics going back to the mid 60's and have been reading Marvel comics as far back as I can remember. Nobody is arguing that the characters weren't used occasionally or have a degree of significance in their particular universe, but they're still fringe character. Most fans weren't clamoring for more of them nor were they all that popular when they were being used.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drax isn't fringe he was always around in the 90s with all the Adam warlock fukkery . Where you guys not reading marvel back then ?

Just because he was around didn't make him any less of fringe character. None of those characters in guardians of the galaxy were very popular even among die hard comic book fans. The New Warriors roster was more well known than the current Guardians of the galaxy cast and they've always been C-List heroes at best.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Drax isn't fringe he was always around in the 90s with all the Adam warlock fukkery . Where you guys not reading marvel back then ?
the only dude holding down the cosmic side in the 90's was silver surfer and he barely had dax in his books. Adam warlok and the infinety watch featured him heavy but besides that he was never a major player until recently. Next you will be saying Nova was holding it down in the 90's

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
the only dude holding down the cosmic side in the 90's was silver surfer and he barely had dax in his books. Adam warlok and the infinety watch featured him heavy but besides that he was never a major player until recently. Next you will be saying Nova was holding it down in the 70s

Fixed

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I will say that I'm interested in seeing if they're gonna even remotely touch on the wife beating thing. That's basically a core aspect of Ant Man, scientist, founding Avenger, created Ultron, slapped up Wasp. I can't see Disney going that direction though.

MarvelKnights-4021page15.jpg

Reed stay sharing that girl :pachaha:

This just screams "new smiley".

ep8l.jpg
g24d.jpg

Last edited: