The Official Mandalorian - Season 3 Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
What is with Disney's hard on with women leading/being front and center/running shyt?! They couldn't let Din have it huh....and the way she got the dark saber without having to have the trial by combat, weak as hell. I feel like ppl gonna be mad about that shyt because they create these rules in these stories only to neglect them later on. "She defeated the enemy that defeated me so she's the owner now right? RIGHT??" Ok then. Oh and i also chuckled at her "Mandalorians stronger together" line, straight out of Planet of the Apes.

Anyway outside of that i found this episode of CSI: Droid to be rather entertaining....when Grogu did that flip i laughed for a good minute straight had to pause and rewind that part...

Din: He doesn't take kindly to strangers.
Royal Lizzo: *shakes fish nibblet at Grogu*
Grogu: but i definitely take kindly to food...*force flip*
Me: :krs::mjlol::bryan:

Also her rubbing Grogu's head and when he waved goodbye to her...which btw is the first time he's waved goodbye to someone if i'm not mistaken? Grogu racking up the titles...Jedi...Mandalorian...Knight of the Ancient Order of Independent Regencies, whatever that is lol

Overall this episode was cute and fun, light and funny with a splash of oh yea lets reinstall Bo as the head of this fleet and as the ruler of Mandalore while we at it with the last 5 minutes of the episode.
Bo being head of the fleet was the plan all along, I don’t know how you have a problem with it.

The he beat me, then you beat him, so you the master storyline, is the plot of Harry Potter.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
When I was watching this I was like yea this is CSI: A Galaxy Far Far Away

The droid bar was missing one guy

bender-futurama-dancing-energetically-kn3k0s9kz5hvvstf.gif

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Yeah Grogu should be with Luke, he's added nothing this season other than padding these episodes to get them over 30 minutes.
Everything he's done this season could have been done by a droid and it seems like the episodes were written that way originally but Disney forced him back in during Boba Fett due to his popularity.
2 episodes left makes me think there's going to be a cliffhanger that leads to Ashoka.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i was on the edge of my seat the entire episode as they delved deeper and deeper into the droid underworld. star wars did it again! :blessed:

with Bo now wielding the dark saber all we need is for Bo take Grogu as her apprentice and for Din to get a custodial job under Peli Motto for the cypher to be complete :blessed:!!!!

Last edited:

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
SBD getting chased look like something out of a blaxploitation film :mjlol:

:mjpls:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
They couldn't let Din have it huh....and the way she got the dark saber without having to have the trial by combat, weak as hell. I feel like ppl gonna be mad about that shyt because they create these rules in these stories only to neglect them later on. "She defeated the enemy that defeated me so she's the owner now right? RIGHT??" Ok then.

This echoes how she initially got the Darksaber. Sabine Wren, in Rebels, was in possession of it. Bo-Katan did not win it from her in combat. Sabine gifted it to her because she thought Bo-Katan proved herself worthy. She even raises the saber in the air like it's the Finals MVP. When she gets it, now, she's more subdued and keeps it down. It's not as triumphant. She's gotta know that she didn't earn it like last time. It's a better claim this time but she's still ain't earn it within the spirit of the creed. It was once again gifted to her.

I don't have an issue with the dark saber being given to shorty because "mando" didn't want it

Din not wanting the Darksaber is the "refusal of the call" in his hero's journey. U see it with Frodo in the Lord of the Rings. He tries to give that ring away to any and everyone. But he gets the job done in the end.

From the very beginning, in season 1, as u mentioned, he didn't want it. Moff Gideon tries to tempt him with it's power to rule Mandalore; he just wants Grogu. He wins it from Moff and tries to yield it to Bo-Katan but she can't take it. Typically, the refusal of the call shows the hero's self-doubt and insecurity. Conveniently enough, the Darksaber personifies this. If the mind is not balanced with the blade, it gets heavier and more difficult to wield.

Bo doesn't defeat him in combat, which is the spirit of the rule, as we literally just saw play out in Bo's challenge and defeat of Axe Woves. That is how it's supposed to be won. But Din has his little transitive property technicality that he can get away with to pawn the saber off on Bo cuz he doesn't view himself as a leader even tho he's demonstrated his leadership abilities a buncha times. Bo-Katan inadvertently makes Din's case as a leader for him with her speech / defense of his Mandalorian standing.

And as he starts explains how Bo is the rightful owner of the saber, his heroic theme plays, indicating that what he's doing right now is heroic. It is leadership. He's on a mission to help Bo unite these wayward mandos and he's gonna get it done even if it means giving up the saber. I have no doubt that he will reclaim it.

Yeah Grogu should be with Luke, he's added nothing this season other than padding these episodes to get them over 30 minutes.
Everything he's done this season could have been done by a droid and it seems like the episodes were written that way originally but Disney forced him back in during Boba Fett due to his popularity.

I don't mean for this comment to be combative or condescending. I've seen a similar refrain about Grogu when reading the comments in AV Club and IGN reviews, so I'm more addressing them. In the series' first episode, we see how Grogu is saved. He's a little kid, hiding in a floating bunker, behind two closed doors. When those doors open, a droid is there about to blow him away. Only, a Mandalorian is there to blast said droid away, extend his hand to Grogu, who extends his to the Mandalorian. He's saved.

There are 3 flashbacks in season 1 which depict Din's origin. We see his home come under attack by Separatists when he's a little kid. His parents put him in a little bunker for safety. A bulkhead. They close the doors. When the doors open, a droid is there, about to blow him away. Only, a Mandalorian is there to blast said droid away, extend his hand to Din, who extends his to the Mandalorian. He's saved. He's now a foundling on his way to becoming a Mandalorian.

I think that fans see The Mandalorian title. They see Din Djarin as the first character on screen in the series. He's referred to as Mando numerous times. So he has to be the titular Mandalorian. But I think it was clear from the very beginning that we were seeing the origin of "The" Mandalorian. But it wasn't Din. It was Grogu. But some fans (not u) can't reconcile that he's a baby Yoda so he has to be a Jedi. We've seen that movie before, multiple times.

We get to see Grogu applying the lessons from his pops with the navigation. We see him wash that little fukk, Ragnar, in darts in his foundling training. We see him at the forge where he has a flashback just like Din to a time when he was saved from Order 66. The Mandalorian forge unlocks this memory completely. We never saw it play out all the way in The Book of Boba Fett, despite Luke helping him to remember. And he gets his little Clan Mudhorn pauldron to add to his beskar chainmail. He's gotta get shot there in these next 2 episodes eventually. It's all part of his Mandalorian ascension.

And I have a feeling that he's gonna be vital to the season when it comes time to tame the Mythosaur based on what he did to the Mudhorn and the Rancor. He is the young Mand'alor in the making.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps

The dark saber chose Sabine and Sabine GAVE IT to Bo. Bo did not beat Sabine in combat. I don't understand this new rule. We've already seen Ashoka and Zeb so now we need Sabine to come claim her saber and go with them to find Ezra

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Din is a boring character
He is basically just a suit actor now that pedro can't be on set

The show was not gonna go anywhere with him guiding the plot since all he cares about is raising grogu
Bo Katan is just a plot device to return Mandalore to prominence and she actually has more of a right to the saber since she was given it and only lost it through unexplained fukkery
The fact that she didn't go against Din and take it back says a lot about her character

I am curious how they are gonna wrap up the moff gideon plot and the imperial spy plot