The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Cost of Living and even wypipo getting the fukk on but they wanna come back too :mjlol:

Also Los Angeles needs to update a lot of their apartments
They don’t even come with refrigerators or stoves
I figure it’s probably more expensive now than then. They can’t move back unless they win the lottery. :dead:

Black folks should’ve held on to South Central. :hubie:

Now all the Hispanics got all the money coming from the rising property rates. They can actually make the money that black ppl missed out on by selling for a nickle.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I agree
It went from 85% black to just 28%
LA as a whole was damn near 20% Black at its Peak. There was a time LA and NYC had identical black percentages in the 1970s. LA used to be Black AF relative to its size. I saw that in 1970 or 1980 Los Angeles as a whole was 18-19% Black African American and NYC was like 20-22%. So I can only imagine how black the actually black designated districts like South Central, Mid-City, Jefferson, West Adams, Leimart Park, Long Beach, Watts, Compton, Inglewood, Crenshaw, Slauson, Altadena, etc was back in the days from 1970-1990. That’s a 20yr run of the 2nd largest city in America and the largest county in America being Black AF relative to its size. LA probably felt like ATL back then. :wow:

Black folks were fleeing to LA at one point. That’s how Tom Bradley became mayor.