The Official Los Angeles (County) Discussion Thread

Daps
See, I'm happy that my fellow black people have their own business, but why would black people start up a Chinese restaurant? If I'm getting chinese food, I expect Chinese people to be preparing it or if I'm getting Italian, I expect Italians to be whipping it up. It doesn't matter and all, but it just seems weird. Like you couldn't create an African-American restaurant that has food derived from your African roots?

White people open restaurants for food not based on their culture all the time

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
See, I'm happy that my fellow black people have their own business, but why would black people start up a Chinese restaurant? If I'm getting chinese food, I expect Chinese people to be preparing it or if I'm getting Italian, I expect Italians to be whipping it up. It doesn't matter and all, but it just seems weird. Like you couldn't create an African-American restaurant that has food derived from your African roots?

Whatever makes money. Plus other cultures have soul food restaurants and shyt. There is a Jamaican spot out here ran by a white woman :yeshrug:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
full
Just noticed y'all slanted the eyes:mjlol:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

that isnt true at all, its true a lot of times, but i know in cali, all kinds of people open whatever, i ve actually look at this a lot when i go out, and i started doing Postmates recently

just off the top, i ve seen some arabs running a texas bbq joint, cambodians running a sushi spot, white people owning thai spots and ramen spots and ive seen japanese and indian joints that are owned by japanese or indian but every single employee is mexican

black people should definitely not limit themselves, nobody else does