kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Hero is so-so. My friend was hyping it like it was gold. Now I'm like :stopitslime:
i remember seeing the trailer when i was younger like :krs: plus i was a huge jet li fan at the time so me and my bro went to the theater to see it....after i realized it was some crouching tiger wire-fu, walking on water bullshyt i was pissed :beli:....aint watched that shyt to this day and nvr will one of the few jet li Ls i've taken

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
5n6xIUi.jpg

The Shogun and the Fishmonger AKA Iemitsu to Hikoza to Isshin Tasuke (1961)
AKA: "The King and his vassals" / "Isshin Tasuke IV"
Year: 1961
Color: Color
Directed: SAWAJIMA Tadashi
Genre: Jidaigeki
Runtime: 93 min
Language: Japanese
Subtitles: English HardCoded Subs

CAST:
NAKAMURA Kinnosuke
NAKAMURA Katsuo
KOGURE Michiyo
SAKURAMACHI Hiroko
YAMAGATA Isao
KITAZAWA Noriko
SHINDO Eitaro
SUSUKIDA Kenji

PLOT:
This story begins in 1624 during the reign of Shogun Hidetada.

The New Year's greeting is the most important ceremonial event in Japan. The Edo government decreed it a festivity of pomp and circumstance. It was meant to demonstrate the power of the Shogunate, and every-one had to wait their turn to greet Shogun Hidetada and his heir, young lord Iemitsu. Even Tadanaga, the heir's step-brother had to wait his turn.

This led to his advisors plotting to usurp the heir and install Tadanaga as the next Shogun. Little did they know of Isshin Tasuke, the fishmonger who was a double for Iemitsu and the cunning way that Okubo Hikozaemon would use him to save the succession in this highly entertaining motion picture.

6f3f19088136b87c6b9aaa7d437fb229.jpg

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Miyamoto Musashi / Sword of Fury (1973)

MWLQCoC.jpg

Miyamoto Musashi / Sword of Fury (1973) Tai KATO
TITLE: Miyamoto Musashi (AKA Sword of Fury)
DIRECTOR: Tai Kato
YEAR: 1973
RUNTIME: 02:28:17
GENRE: Jidai Geki, Historical Fiction, Sword Fighting.
LANGUAGE: Japanese
SUBTITLES: English srt (extensively rewritten and reworked)
CAST: Jiro Tamiya, Keiko Matsuzaka, Mitsuko Baishô, Hideki Takahashi, Furankî Sakai

SYNOPSIS/REVIEW:
In 1973, Shochiku Studios released Tai Kato's updated two-part version of Miyamoto Musashi, this time with Hideki Takahashi in the title role. Jiro Tamiya played Musashi's nemesis Kojiro in a subdued manner, & extremely pretty. Akemi is played by Mitsuku Baisho. She and Keiko Matsuzaka add both their talent and beauty. The director has a sardonic approach which, like Kohata in the 1954 version, refuses to romanticize Musashi. Tai Kato was not able to go so far as to have Musashi realistically vulgar in appearance; Hideki Takahashi is too handsome an actor for that, & more attractive still with long hair instead of the crew-cut of his gangster roles. Still, Musashi's spirit decidedly unrefined. He's not someone who goes from wild & naive to Zen purity. He is one hell of a mean b*stard from start to finish. Titled Sword of Fury I & Sword of Fury II in the
subtitled release, the dual film allows us to hear Musashi's thought processes as he faces opponents & develops his fighting style. The story itself is the familiar one, & it's really only the "attitude" toward Musashi that is strikingly different.

In Part I we see the young would-be swordsman setting out to achieve greatness in war, achieving nothing because fighting on the losing side, & then beginning his long period of wandering & training, with the goal always in mind of his duel with Kojiro. Part II builds toward that great duel on Ganryu Island, with considerable focus on Musashi's planning & forethought as to how to gain an advantage. Rather than the Zen questor of Inagaki & Uchida's versions, we come to realize by watching Kato's film that this Musashi is a calculating, cold-blooded trickster, scientific in his approach. This is close to the truth of Musashi's historical self, for he was an opportunist first & sentimentalist last. - Mostly taken from Avallach's upload at ADC.

File name: Miyamoto Musashi
Links:
http://siripaste.com/G0V9JvY
OR
http://tny.cz/1ccece57

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could never find the original drunken master. I've seen the sequel dozens of times but the original one alludes me.