The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So after listening to this I went back and watched a lil of the last pod with them all together "The Sources" and if you want to see the tension just peep around 18:30- 22:00mins into it and you can feel it. That's also when Rory says "What if we aren't fukking friends"

I think this chapter is done though, they might still come back but it won't be the same. Not going to blame it all on Joe, Covid sent everything in disarray but I think the Patreon deal was the finisher. Joe was bragging about his new title with them and Rory and Mal were mad quiet that episode and then was hearing they weren't on some of the patreon eps

Well I was listening back in the Marisa days so I'll be around, I think he could really use this time to find some good and interesting cohosts and take the pod to the next level
For me personally, what made the pod funny is that they've all been friends and they can call Joe on his shyt. It's the funny stories that they all know and can bring up. Joe's become too industry and probably won't allow himself to have cohosts who could fukk up his industry connections.

I think Joe is at a crossroads at this point where he has to decide if he wants to be industry and the podcast suffers but he secures connections to grow in other areas, or go back to talking reckless about the industry and keeping the podcast solid.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Why is Park chill?

Is he getting decent money outside the pod?
Parks been dealing with Joe for a long time so to him it’s probably nothing new. He’s known Mal a while too but on a purely friendship level, this is business.

Parka still does his engineer shyt and is seemingly in a good relationship and just moved into a new spot.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
A lot of his stuff with Ak is getting overrated. Nobody watched Everyday Struggle until the Migos stuff and Joe was gone by the end of that year. If you actually go back, it's the same lukewarm- "h-how many classics does _______ have?" shyt that he does on the pod. The podcast actually got popular because Ak wasn't on it and Joe was actually willing to talk about things.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Or it could be a case of Joe stringing them along swearing that he had a plan and the bag is right around the corner. That tension of waiting week after week could have just bubbled to the surface where they are tired of waiting on something to happen with Joe. They may have felt that Joe really did have a plan and they may have come to the conclusion that he fumbled the bag and that anger manifested itself with the tension on the show. Just like in relationships a lot of times the big blowouts ain't even about the subject being argued about but some other issue that they've been holding in.

Plus like I was pointing out just earlier in the week, we could all see Joe's ego growing bigger and bigger. That shyt rubbed me the wrong way as a listener, imagine being somebody in the room having to deal with that shyt.

i honestly hope none of them believed finally going to patreon was the master plan.

I really wonder how truthful Joe and Ian were about the future prospects of the pod when they were discussing leaving Spotify.

remember everyone was all in on leaving Spotify. Honestly nothing has been right since they went To Patreon were Joe expects them to work more for less money

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
So after listening to this I went back and watched a lil of the last pod with them all together "The Sources" and if you want to see the tension just peep around 18:30- 22:00mins into it and you can feel it. That's also when Rory says "What if we aren't fukking friends"

I think this chapter is done though, they might still come back but it won't be the same. Not going to blame it all on Joe, Covid sent everything in disarray but I think the Patreon deal was the finisher. Joe was bragging about his new title with them and Rory and Mal were mad quiet that episode and then was hearing they weren't on some of the patreon eps

Well I was listening back in the Marisa days so I'll be around, I think he could really use this time to find some good and interesting cohosts and take the pod to the next level

Watching 18:00 -22:00 made me go check out Rory on See the thing is...

It's a fun little show they had over there with Rory. Lol. The comments on that episode killing Joe

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I really wonder how truthful Joe and Ian were about the future prospects of the pod when they were discussing leaving Spotify.

remember everyone was all in on leaving Spotify. Honestly nothing has been right since they went To Patreon were Joe expects them to work more for less money
I was all in that thread saying Joe was stupid for not taking that deal. And of course thecoli anti "selling out" crowd came in full force saying nonsense. I know Rory and Mal were pissed and not surprised it's come to this.

I'm going to say it again ya'll need to stop listening to the Joe Budden's and Dame Dash's for financial and business advice. They think they're way smarter than they are and shyt isn't that complicated. You going crash and burn riding their ship. Joe has done it with damn near everything he touches and is a part of. Dame too. They're self-destructive and it's completely unnecessary. Just look at Joe's relationships with everyone since he started podcasting. Rosenberg convinced him of the idea to do it...they're not cool anymore. Marissa was his first co-host with Rory...they got into it and he kicked her off. Everyday Struggle, Spotify, Charlemagne and now Rory and Mal. And the problem isn't ending the relationships, there's nothing wrong with that it's in the nuclear fashion all his relationships seem to end.