The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
it wasn't the ads (or at least i dont believe it was). joe saw the bags rogan and the ringer got, and wanted a deal on that level. on his terms. basically, his ego did him in.
Not only did he want a deal worth the same as joe rogan, he wanted it with non exclusivity so he'd still be allowed to upload the video to other platforms like YouTube.

Spotify offered him a good deal with fair terms and not only did he turn it down, he attacked them on their own platform for weeks, guaranteeing that no other big streaming service would fukk with him in the future.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I really hope they figure this shyt out. Cause Joe is nuts if he things people want to listen to a podcast with him and his fukking driver / yes man.

You guys think the Joe and Ak podcast thing is real?

Mal and Rory are replaceable.

Not by Savon... smh

but Joe could fukk around and actually get some co host that are actually interesting and thoughtful and funny

NerdNash

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Delaware
Damn I thought he was just getting the people use to ice and Savon cuz they were going to get their own podcast. I’m a fan of Budden but don’t really listen to the podcast much. Hope they work it out tho

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I guess I’m the odd one out. :yeshrug:

A lot of people saying they won’t listen until Mal & Rory are back but this the 2nd pod in row I listened to damn near the whole thing.

Not saying I want them replaced and I do think they’ll be back but I’m cool with the switch up for now.

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
Ice and Parks both said Redman has 4 classic albums. I’m not sure if I’d put Doc’s Da Name with the other 3 but I’m not mad at that take.
the first 3 are to me for sure, Doc's the name felt like a notch below, but i'd give it like 4 mics and can still listen to a lot of it today, I won't look at someone crazy for having it as a personal classic, I feel like you can also make a case for the first Blackout album with Meth being a classic too, feel like I may have it as one myself.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is hilarious because they've spent the last 6 months telling people nah we aint fumble the bag, nah announcing a patreon after shytting on other pods with patreons for not knowing their worth isn't contradictory and well below the expectations set up by the ranting, nah it aint no real tension between us. Now it's nah they're totally coming back to the pod when the time is right.:mjgrin:

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I guess I’m the odd one out. :yeshrug:

A lot of people saying they won’t listen until Mal & Rory are back but this the 2nd pod in row I listened to damn near the whole thing.

Not saying I want them replaced and I do think they’ll be back but I’m cool with the switch up for now.

Content wise I think it probably will be fine but I might have to stay away from this now on principle. I can't support a dude who manages his circle like this.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Mal and Rory found out Joe had a clause in the Spotify contract that he could replace them whenever he wanted ?

:hubie:

also, Joe should've put those conversations on Patreon and made himself some money.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
He was expecting bags like rogan and the ringer got but he also thought he was ‘too good’ to do ads :mjlol: Meanwhile Rogan spent 10 minutes just spitting out ads before he started each podcast, the ringer podcasts usually take 2-3 ad breaks too I think
But the ringer deal is bullshyt. Spotify is losing money on that deal. Joe was legit pulling numbers and Spotify was doing bad business.