The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
This. I think with the new deal, they can do things such as Mal and Rory take a break for a few episodes. With Spotify, they wouldn't allow such a break. It was all 3 all the time.

But now they have some flexibility. Rory and Mal taking a break, Parks still there. It's all good.............I imagine.
i think y'all giving joe too much credit. joe is a known fukk up that ruins pretty much every relationship and business situation he has.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it’s over then Joe really is an idiot :snoop:

Yep total dummy but in situations where there is a way to fukk it up Joe does.

Without fail, Joe will always end up burning everything around him.

4GPy0lN.gif

Yep. He really can't help himself. And it seems like this Ian dude who manages him only enables the ego and bullshyt

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea that "it's the Joe Budden show and brand, they're just b-mics that no one cares about" really undersells the situation IMO. Does anyone remember what the show was like before when it was Joe and Marisa Mendez? Downright unlistenable. He found the right chemistry with the cast now and should have done whatever to keep it in tact.

It may have been called "Seinfeld" but Jerry made sure Jason Alexander, Julia Louis Dreyfus, and Michael Richards were well taken care of too. A smart "lead" values the worth and contributions of the other players.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
This. I think with the new deal, they can do things such as Mal and Rory take a break for a few episodes. With Spotify, they wouldn't allow such a break. It was all 3 all the time.

But now they have some flexibility. Rory and Mal taking a break, Parks still there. It's all good.............I imagine.

if it was that simple, he wouldn't waste half an episode on ranting about it today, or keep telling us the truth will be on patreon.

it's not even like fans would be mad if they actually took days off. shyt joe was off the pod during the early days at times (and they did take a day or two off during the spotify run).

if it's a simple time off, joe wouldn't make a big ass deal about it.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The Pod has changed so much over the pandemic, and not for the better.....

They went from being in mid season MVP form, to the whole spotify/triller/patreon debacle, to having their personal lives affecting the pod (Rory and Joe), and now the possible looming sexual harassment thing with Olivia Dope.

Olivia was the best part STTI from the episode/segments I’ve seen, as well as the only full black woman. Now she left, leaving it to new podcaster Bridget and Mandii aka female Mal, down to the “I don't believe in science” takes. Also, Karen civil pod is trash.

I don’t wanna say the writings on the wall for the pod, but this Patreon/JBN era has been a disaster. They should’ve secured that Triller or Spotify bag.

They’re not even getting paid from Patreon (on the Patreon episode 2, Joe said he took ZERO MONEY in the deal, yet he says, “it’s the best deal he’s ever taken”), Joe just has a fake title to boost his ego.

How many opportunities does the Baron of Bad Business get to fukk up before he realizes it’s primarily his fault?
Not even 2 weeks later, look where we are :francis:

Looks like Bad Business Budden is ruining yet another great idea :francis:

I try and root for him, but he does this to himself.....

The Observer

All Star
Daps
Also why does Joe talk in 3rd person when talking about himself lol.

‘Joe thinks this is a bad deal’
‘Joe does what he wants to’
‘Joe has been through it all’
‘Joe sees things different to how most people see it’

instead of saying ‘I think’ etc

sounds like a psychopath lol

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
The idea that "it's the Joe Budden show and brand, they're just b-mics that no one cares about" really undersells the situation IMO. Does anyone remember what the show was like before when it was Joe and Marisa Mendez? Downright unlistenable. He found the right chemistry with the cast now and should have done whatever to keep it in tact.

It may have been called "Seinfeld" but Jerry made sure Jason Alexander, Julia Louis Dreyfus, and Michael Richards were well taken care of too. A smart "lead" values the worth and contributions of the other players.
exactly

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God of the Self Sabotage. :snoop:

And for those suggesting it... this is a PR stunt the same way Joe had a “plan” when they walked out on Spotify.

Remember the passive aggressive tweets and comments about plans being in motion while they were still finishing the Spotify deal?

This was the plan??