The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
As I said before, I get what y’all saying. I don’t agree with how Joe went about it but I also don’t think it’s crazy for a nikka to request something in return for helping out a company:hubie:

He wasn’t intentionally doing that. He was on there originally cause it was "exclusive" & he felt cool. He assumes Clubhouse got big because of him. He gave them free promotion by talking about it.

Put it like this, should he give some of his longtime listeners some equity in the podcast since they were the ones who were giving his podcast promotion by putting other folks on? How about some of the guests who brought more of an audience in?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:unimpressed: @ them admitting/understanding that touring probably won’t be back til 2022, yet they’re charging fans $10 - $25 a month for exclusive access to live show ticket purchases on Patreon (or “paytree-in” as Joe, the head of equity for the company, would say).

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
As I said before, I get what y’all saying. I don’t agree with how Joe went about it but I also don’t think it’s crazy for a nikka to request something in return for helping out a company:hubie:

He wasn’t intentionally doing that. He was on there originally cause it was "exclusive" & he felt cool. He assumes Clubhouse got big because of him. He gave them free promotion by talking about it.

Put it like this, should he give some of his longtime listeners some equity in the podcast since they were the ones who were giving his podcast promotion by putting other folks on? How about some of the guests who brought more of an audience in?
I bolded me not agreeing with how Joe went about it. Y’all nikkas stuck Joe being a dumbass or something?:dahell:

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Youd never work at Amazon or Apple if you would take 1m in tied Amazon stock over 1m in US dollars with which you can buy 1m worth of Amazon, Google or any other stock :dahell:.

Private companies pre-ipo is one thing, public company another thing
I said a bonus. Apple stock went up $92 in a year, why wouldn’t I take the stock? :dahell:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I said a bonus. Apple stock went up $92 in a year, why wouldn’t I take the stock? :dahell:
Yes, you could also have to option to buy 1 million of any other stock that increased by more or just choose Apple.

I don’t think you understand what you are saying. It’s easy to say that you’d take Apples stock after the fact. Just like I’d take GameStop’s and sell it at the peak, in hindsight.

Point is, what is the difference between
A. Receiving $1 million and buying $1 million in Apple stock that you are free to sell at any point so that you can diversify that million.

B. Receiving $1 million worth of Apple stock that is locked in?

The difference is only the freedom, which is worth more than 0. Meaning that option A is worth more. If we as one does in school, assume no transaction costs, which are super low today anyways.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Yes, you could also have to option to buy 1 million of any other stock that increased by more or just choose Apple.

I don’t think you understand what you are saying. It’s easy to say that you’d take Apples stock after the fact. Just like I’d take GameStop’s and sell it at the peak, in hindsight.

Point is, what is the difference between
A. Receiving $1 million and buying $1 million in Apple stock that you are free to sell at any point so that you can diversify that million.

B. Receiving $1 million worth of Apple stock that is locked in?

The difference is only the freedom, which is worth more than 0. Meaning that option A is worth more. If we as one does in school, assume no transaction costs, which are super low today anyways.
The fact that you comparing GameStop and Apple stocks to each other says enough. I’m actually into stock so don’t tell me what I’d do if I had the choice:what:

Just say you don’t like how Joe went about it and carry on

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The fact that you comparing GameStop and Apple stocks to each other says enough. I’m actually into stock so don’t tell me what I’d do if I had the choice:what:

Just say you don’t like how Joe went about it and carry on
I’m not telling you what to do I’m just giving you basic finance theory for free. I just can’t see how you can’t see this super basic dilemma.

One of the finest features of stocks like Apple is that you can transform it into US dollars very easily. One of the most basic strategies in finance is diversification. You are effectively saying that you’d rather own Apple stock without the possibility to diversify and without no liquidity over owning the exact same amount with the possibility to diversify and it being very liquid :mindblown:

And I’m not “into stocks” I do work within capital markets though.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
And the fact that Spotify is a public company, him getting a stake in the company is the same as him getting money to buy stocks in the company - which is exactly what he was offered. Besides the fact that he had the option to do whatever he wanted with the money.

He was offered money :dahell:
Just less money than he wanted and that equity talk is just straight bullshyt. Everyone who works at a public company knows that a cash bonus is a lot better than non-guaranteed stocks that are tied up. Joe just thinks that everyone listening is an imbecile.

Talking facts.

same as Joe talking about being a genius for taking some of their cashapp payment in bitcoin. Like they couldn’t buy the bitcoin themselves when they got paid in cash lol, and bought it at a lower price point.

The x amount of bitcoin payments he receives could be sent to him at the peak and worth 30% or more less in value later in the year(due to bitcoin’s volatility).

he needs to stop pretending hes an economic genius and just make funny podcasts.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Re: The roommate tryna smash the neighbour story

“You think you’re getting energy but no, she’s just nice”

Been there :lolbron: