The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Is that the same dude who be on Corey's 5150 show?

yessir. He does little offspring episodes letting people debut music and stuff and those can be somewhat interesting, but the main podcast is actually really good. Great mixture of funny and. Legitimate meaningful conversation. And it’s a room full of people with opposing views so the dynamic is great. It’s not just a bunch of dudes echoing eachother

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That paywall discussion was nauseating. I'm glad he admitted the fans are tired of him talking about equity. Budden really expecting celebrities to get some sort of equity for using their platform, smh.
Weirdest shyt ever

imagine telling a restaurant owner i eat here a lot and told a lot of people to eat here. Give me a piece of the company now, i feel im owed that.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Weirdest shyt ever

imagine telling a restaurant owner i eat here a lot and told a lot of people to eat here. Give me a piece of the company now, i feel im owed that.
I get what you’re saying. But if you put people on, you at least deserve some money or a discount. Even banks give you money when you refer someone and they open up an account.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I get what you’re saying. But if you put people on, you at least deserve some money or a discount. Even banks give you money when you refer someone and they open up an account.

Yeah, but it's Joe's bad for giving them free promotion for months and then turn around expecting something after the fact. I'm sure it's been plenty celebrities claiming to be bringing the people to CH. Do they all deserve a piece?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weirdest shyt ever

If the number of people you put onto the restaurant is in the hundred thousands/millions and the owner finds out you have a huge platform to push and promote his restaurant...more than likely the restaurant owner will happily offer you a huge check or a little percentage of the business to continue doing what you're doing. He isn't obligated to do that tho, lol, that's where Buddens got it fukked up.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Yeah, but it's Joe's bad for giving them free promotion for months and then turn around expecting something after the fact. I'm sure it's been plenty celebrities claiming to be bringing the people to CH. Do they all deserve a piece?
As I said before, I get what y’all saying. I don’t agree with how Joe went about it but I also don’t think it’s crazy for a nikka to request something in return for helping out a company:hubie:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Weirdest shyt ever

He wants to sound like Hov and them with all that ownership talk, but he just ain't on that level...financially mentally or businesswise.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Weirdest shyt ever

And the fact that Spotify is a public company, him getting a stake in the company is the same as him getting money to buy stocks in the company - which is exactly what he was offered. Besides the fact that he had the option to do whatever he wanted with the money.
He was offered money :dahell:
Just less money than he wanted and that equity talk is just straight bullshyt. Everyone who works at a public company knows that a cash bonus is a lot better than non-guaranteed stocks that are tied up. Joe just thinks that everyone listening is an imbecile.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
And the fact that Spotify is a public company, him getting a stake in the company is the same as him getting money to buy stocks in the company - which is exactly what he was offered. Besides the fact that he had the option to do whatever he wanted with the money.

He was offered money :dahell:
Just less money than he wanted and that equity talk is just straight bullshyt. Everyone who works at a public company knows that a cash bonus is a lot better than non-guaranteed stocks that are tied up. Joe just thinks that everyone listening is an imbecile.
tenor.gif

If I worked for Apple or Amazon and they offered me a bonus or their stocks, I’m taking the stocks.

I hear you tho. He shouldn’t fight for more and should just be happy with what they offer :mjgrin:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If the number of people you put onto the restaurant is in the hundred thousands/millions and the owner finds out you have a huge platform to push and promote his restaurant...more than likely the restaurant owner will happily offer you a huge check or a little percentage of the business to continue doing what you're doing. He isn't obligated to do that tho, lol, that's where Buddens got it fukked up.
The problem is that Joe already brought the people to the restaurant to eat and is circling back asking for that money. That's some shyt you negotiate up front. It's the same problem the rappers had of pumping up brands nonstop THEN hitting them up. At that point there aren't additional customers to gain since the promoting was already done. So a cutthroat businessman is going to laugh at that.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
tenor.gif

If I worked for Apple or Amazon and they offered me a bonus or their stocks, I’m taking the stocks.

I hear you tho. He shouldn’t fight for more and should just be happy with what they offer :mjgrin:
Youd never work at Amazon or Apple if you would take 1m in tied Amazon stock over 1m in US dollars with which you can buy 1m worth of Amazon, Google or any other stock :dahell:.

Private companies pre-ipo is one thing, public company another thing