The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Probably is because Hovey is God to these nikkaz. No matter what he does people will worship him.

I guess he won for playing is safe musically and making 99% right decisions in the publics eye so people love him (unlike more controversial weird artists like Ye and Tune):yeshrug:

nikkas gassed off a Mike/Neverland line in that Nipsey thread :mjlol:
I love jay and it’s a good verse on some rap shyt

but when you start acting like Jay z is really saying some poignant shyt or giving game then you lose me

Jay has been talking about rich nikkas problems and how disgusted he is at the current event pertaining the hood in every verse for the past 4 years

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I love jay and it’s a good verse on some rap shyt

but when you start acting like Jay z is really saying some poignant shyt or giving game then you lose me

Jay has been talking about rich nikkas problems and how disgusted he is at the current event pertaining the hood in every verse for the past 4 years
It’s the message Crim. He backing his words up. “We gon turn up even more since they kill cuz”
I hope he and many others continue to. Because I keep it real with myself. I feel I’m a good person but I do the bare minimum helping the cause. I don’t have Fred in me (pause). But I feel ya. U want more party fun type records. I do too. But if he spitting like this. I’ll take it.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It’s the message Crim. He backing his words up. “We gon turn up even more since they kill cuz”
I hope he and many others continue to. Because I keep it real with myself. I feel I’m a good person but I do the bare minimum helping the cause. I don’t have Fred in me (pause). But I feel ya. U want more party fun type records. I do too. But if he spitting like this. I’ll take it.
What’s the message? This stuff is all surface level stuff that is just hollow rhymes when you put any type of critical thinking to it

Like I said it’s a great verse from a flow and delivery perspective. it’s Not speech on social activism or civil rights and When you try and make it seem like it’s more than rap like the JBP did then you lose me

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What’s the message? This stuff is all surface level stuff that is just hollow rhymes when you put any type of critical thinking to it

Like I said it’s a great verse from a flow and delivery perspective. it’s Not speech on social activism or civil rights and When you try and make it seem like it’s more than rap like the JBP did then you lose me
Cmon breh. He a rapper. He will get through people better his way than a prolific speaker like Malcolm or Martin with a speech.But Like I said he backing his words up. He ain’t just rapping it. He showing it. So when he say “we gon turn up more since they killed cuz”. I’m holding him to that and look forward to see what he gon do to help. The verse aint curing cancer lol but when Hov in this bag it get people to talk about shyt like this. Which is a good thing imo

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could definitely give you comps, sound wise. That's easy.

A Million and 1 Questions = 10 Crack Commandments
Lucky Me = Stevie J produced this, this is literally a Bad Boy record
Who You With II = Player Hater/Another
Where I'm From = Last Days
You Must Love Me = My Downfall

You can't be serious :russ:

Lol at Who You With sounding like Player Hater :russ::russ:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Cmon breh. He a rapper. He will get through people better his way than a prolific speaker like Malcolm or Martin with a speech.But Like I said he backing his words up. He ain’t just rapping it. He showing it. So when he say “we gon turn up more since they killed cuz”. I’m holding him to that and look forward to see what he gon do to help. The verse aint curing cancer lol but when Hov in this bag it get people to talk about shyt like this. Which is a good thing imo

Honestly you’re not giving people enough credit. Who is jay reaching that a malcom or Martin isn’t?

what is jay even saying that will benefit society

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Honestly you’re not giving people enough credit. Who is jay reaching that a malcom or Martin isn’t?

what is jay even saying that will benefit society
I don’t care what he say. I care what he do. He help my state (Michigan) with legislature. shyt that’s gonna help benefit a lot of my friends and family
Michigan Passes Prison Reform Laws Supported by Meek Mill & Jay-Z's REFORM Alliance

The Michigan State Legislature passed on Monday (Jan. 4) a set of laws that will significantly reshape the state’s probation and parole system.

SB 1048, SB 1050 and SB 1051 were all advocated for by Meek Mill and Jay-Z's criminal justice reform organization REFORM Alliance. The new laws will reduce adult felony probation sentences in Michigan from five years to three years, prevent endless extensions on misdemeanor and felony probation terms, limit jail sanctions for technical probation violations and require parole supervision terms to be tailored to a person’s individualized risks and needs.

Michigan had the sixth highest rate of probation supervision in the country. Now that Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed the bills into law, Michigan is on pace to decrease the state's overall caseloads by 8.4 percent.

he don’t have to do this type of stuff. But he do it. And I appreciate it.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I see your comprehension is faulty.
No it’s fine. It was stupid for Malcolm to say something like that. It shouldn’t matter the profession or if white people don’t have entertainers that are “leaders”. I guarantee if Malcolm lived to a old age and witnessed what Lena & dikk with their activism. he would commend them and urge more entertainers to do the same. We all know Malcolm said things he backed tracked on. I’m 100% certain that this would be one of those he backtracked

Last edited: