The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
It's funny, that I wondered why the fukk was Parks even there a couple of years ago but now he's the only one I think I would be cool with.
Rory, really is coming off as a vulture. Someone mentioned before but all his "sleepers" are algorithims or things you see popping up on Tidal. Like he probably just checks his phone right before. His takes are lukewarm. He never has an actual opinion on anything (which is fine), but also has nothing to say on it because it's obvious he didn't listen.
Joe, you already know doesn't listen to anything and just goes online all day to try and get easily-impressed art hoes. Dude is 40 now and still doing the same shyt. I'm 27, and got tired of those girls a long time ago. It's dead-ass abuse talking to bird head bytches who think they're smart because they light incense, but are still... birds.
Mal, nikka went from the best to worst. Biggest drop off, he was there as the guy who cut jokes on Joe and be the "street" dude, but it turns out he's lamer than Joe and probably never had sex in his life. His views on women are straight incel shyt. Dude's "too cool for school" shyt got played out. It was cool at first, but you realize this dude doesn't do shyt. There's nothing interesting about him or anything he likes. nikka's an NPC with a name.
Rory takes on music are garbage, and for someone young he doesn't know much from this era. He claims to be a hip hop dude from the 90's, but he doesn't know that much from the 90's either. :mjlol: I will give him credit for being funny though, he has his days. I like Parks a lot, even though he's a little to underground hip hop'd out for me (and I love underground rap, but these nikkas still think 90's boom bap is what underground rap sounds like)

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
Rory takes on music are garbage, and for someone young he doesn't know much from this era. He claims to be a hip hop dude from the 90's, but he doesn't know that much from the 90's either. :mjlol: I will give him credit for being funny though, he has his days. I like Parks a lot, even though he's a little to underground hip hop'd out for me (and I love underground rap, but these nikkas still think 90's boom bap is what underground rap sounds like)
Rory is like two years older than I am, so I get where his tastes come from, but he comes off like Rosenberg: he's a backpacker that likes "old" shyt but wasn't really there for any of that. When he's talking about music, it comes off like a music blog's taste. It feels like he's trapped in that 2007-2010 world and never grew out of it. So most of his discussion is how he doesn't like that new rap, but he doesn't really listen to any of the newer guys that take things a different direction. It also doesn't help that when he does review something, he goes for the most lukewarm of takes. With Joe, it's obvious that he didn't listen to anything and talking out of his ass. The problem with Rory is that he also didn't listen, but is trying to convince you he's down and actually did.

As for Parks, I just respect he sticks to what he knows and gives a reason for his choices. Parks, technically is the one with the most to lose because he still engineers for people, but dude isn't afraid of having an opinion. The others claim they're not industry but all are.
It's like when in wrestling, DX came back and we were supposed to pretend like the dude who was fukking the bosses' daughter wasn't corporate.

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Bro you Australian?
I am now lmaoo

Been living here for 20+ years... I'm 30 now.

My family is from Virginia.. hearing all my family catch the rona.. couple of em died. shyts frustrating and sad

Edit: my dad was in the navy .. found a pawg. Rest is history lmaoo

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this actually better, Lupe gets boring sometimes and Royce personality is :hhh:
If you're into dry humor you'll like it, Royce is real dry with it but he's hilarious. Lupe is funny too, he's a little long winded and ridiculous but it's not like his IG lives or anything like that, maybe at the most you'll get like 2 minute intervals of him trying to be smarter than everyone else...then it's back to being silly with Royce and clowning the white dude, lol. Buddens shyt is more loud and outlandish goofy comedy about girls and spicy shyt, if thats your thing you won't like Royce and Lupe's.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
What podcasts are better?

Need something new to listen to. The Nas slander/Jay-Z and Puff dikkriding, the lack of research that Mal and Joe do... there has to be another podcast that is better put together that this

Depends on what you're looking for...Sometimes you gotta take a break from this shyt, lol. I haven't listened to an EP since early December. Might check this one out though just cuz Fauci & Mal on the same call sounds like fukkery, and Randle/Dame should be good calls.

But, the I'm An Athlete joint is pretty good with Brandon Marshall & Ochocinco, Fred Jackson, etc. They dont just talk sports either. Its more lifestyle just like this with occasional guests too.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Rory is like two years older than I am, so I get where his tastes come from, but he comes off like Rosenberg: he's a backpacker that likes "old" shyt but wasn't really there for any of that. When he's talking about music, it comes off like a music blog's taste. It feels like he's trapped in that 2007-2010 world and never grew out of it. So most of his discussion is how he doesn't like that new rap, but he doesn't really listen to any of the newer guys that take things a different direction. It also doesn't help that when he does review something, he goes for the most lukewarm of takes. With Joe, it's obvious that he didn't listen to anything and talking out of his ass. The problem with Rory is that he also didn't listen, but is trying to convince you he's down and actually did.

As for Parks, I just respect he sticks to what he knows and gives a reason for his choices. Parks, technically is the one with the most to lose because he still engineers for people, but dude isn't afraid of having an opinion. The others claim they're not industry but all are.
It's like when in wrestling, DX came back and we were supposed to pretend like the dude who was fukking the bosses' daughter wasn't corporate.

Hence why he’s still tryin to hang onto guys like Wale and Big Sean as major acts :mjlol:

And I fukk w/ Wale a lot :whoa: I just don’t have delusions about everyone I like being as popular as I think they should be.