The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
How much these nikkas get paid off this pod, not to be a John Wall but I’ve always wondered how the others would make off this type of job

Daps
I feel like this shyt might end soon

Between friction regarding getting paid and Ak shytting on Rory and Mal about being workers

What friction? I don't understand where all this is coming from? Genuinely. Are Mal and them really that pissed off about money etc or is it just gossip/chatty patty stuff.

The vibe of the show seems the same, doesn't seem off in any way and nobody is forced to be there.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
What friction? I don't understand where all this is coming from? Genuinely. Are Mal and them really that pissed off about money etc or is it just gossip/chatty patty stuff.

The vibe of the show seems the same, doesn't seem off in any way and nobody is forced to be there.
I dont know why people keep saying that. These guys literally get paid to hang out with their friends. They admit several times they dont do any research on anything they talk about. Its literally just hanging out with a mic recording and getting paid. Why would Mal or Rory be upset about that?

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Its been times where I def felt Parks was pissed

Are they still getting paid the same, after losing Spotify?

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last Train To Paris was a good album but needed all this praise? I don't know about that unless I'm misremembering :patrice:
These dudes love anything soft and singy...hence Drake being their hero. They think it makes them cool or sumn, lol, mature. Foh

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I didn’t like how they were getting mad and upset about people talking about their bad business decisions, especially Rory. These cats have sat here for NUMEROUS podcasts talking about everyone else's so called business, then feel a certain way when people analyze what the JBP is doing.

And as far as them not being a music podcast, like Rory had said, they got hot off of "Views" reviews. Plus they had hour long reviews on Cardi, Summer Walker, etc.

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yo listening to todays ep. Joe was talking about the 400th episode and podcasting, He said even though they are at episode 400 they are still just getting started, then he compared himself to Joe Rogan and said we are at 400 and you think thats a lot, but Rogan is at ep 1500. So we have a long way to go. If he can acknowledge that why did he fumble the bag with Spotify because they wouldn't pay him what they paid Rogan?