The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
What friction? I don't understand where all this is coming from? Genuinely. Are Mal and them really that pissed off about money etc or is it just gossip/chatty patty stuff.

The vibe of the show seems the same, doesn't seem off in any way and nobody is forced to be there.
Yeah but if you go from getting paid say $5,000 and episode to $1,000 an episode (just throwing out random numbers) wouldn't you feel a certain way. You ain't gone look at it like "well I'm just showing up and hanging with friends" and instead gone focus on all the money you lost due to Joe demanding a lot more money. Plus having that guaranteed security leads to a lot less pressure to perform episode to episode versus that tension of not knowing when that next big check might come.

I didn’t like how they were getting mad and upset about people talking about their bad business decisions, especially Rory. These cats have sat here for NUMEROUS podcasts talking about everyone else's so called business, then feel a certain way when people analyze what the JBP is doing.

And as far as them not being a music podcast, like Rory had said, they got hot off of "Views" reviews. Plus they had hour long reviews on Cardi, Summer Walker, etc.

My whole thing is most people didn't care that much about their financial situation until they brought that shyt to the podcast and took up so much podcast time talking about the shyt, now they expect people to not comment on it or worry about it. Plus like you said they talk about everybody else's shyt so how is it different now that the shoe in on the other foot. I think they are started to get embarrassed by people finding out they are Joe's employees.

Daps
Its been times where I def felt Parks was pissed

Are they still getting paid the same, after losing Spotify?

I'm not sure man. How can you tell Parks was pissed about money? If feels like people reading into it to much. Whatever the deal is I'm sure they all agreed it. Internet gossip has made a bigger deal of their money.

Daps
Yeah but if you go from getting paid say $5,000 and episode to $1,000 an episode (just throwing out random numbers) wouldn't you feel a certain way. You ain't gone look at it like "well I'm just showing up and hanging with friends" and instead gone focus on all the money you lost due to Joe demanding a lot more money. Plus having that guaranteed security leads to a lot less pressure to perform episode to episode versus that tension of not knowing when that next big check might come.

My whole thing is most people didn't care that much about their financial situation until they brought that shyt to the podcast and took up so much podcast time talking about the shyt, now they expect people to not comment on it or worry about it. Plus like you said they talk about everybody else's shyt so how is it different now that the shoe in on the other foot. I think they are started to get embarrassed by people finding out they are Joe's employees.

I get that with the figures but you could also go from 5k an episode to 0 and no pod.

The Pod is great for all of them. I mean in the short term not signing with Spotify may be bad but long run may be good as they won't have to split their tour money and other assets like Spotify wanted. If they're happy making less then so be it.

ItsTheRoc

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Uptown Baby!
Savon and Erickson got a raise tho....They getting money from somewhere...Park jus bought a new crib, even tho he got side hustles like mixing...But Mal and Rory don't seem like they hurting for money...But of course let the Coli tell it they all homeless now smh...And they can have plenty of ad revenue, that they turn down on the regular...

I literally stopped watchin MDWOG because of all the misplaced tacky ads smh...I only tune in when they got a guest that's worth hearing from...

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
131499214_10215962689254658_5015649989651586205_n.jpg

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
shyt been kinda mid lately.... But to be fair just about all podcasts has been. Probably should go back to once a week since they are no longer obligated to do two. Just feel like they'd have more content. They need to do something to shake things up or change the dynamic.
I agree with going back to once per week...especially if the content simply isn’t there and since they were whining about not having any days off and being obligated to do two per week.
Yo listening to todays ep. Joe was talking about the 400th episode and podcasting, He said even though they are at episode 400 they are still just getting started, then he compared himself to Joe Rogan and said we are at 400 and you think thats a lot, but Rogan is at ep 1500. So we have a long way to go. If he can acknowledge that why did he fumble the bag with Spotify because they wouldn't pay him what they paid Rogan?
:heh: forreal...you know Budden is the the king of takin out both sides of his mouth just to try to seem smart or correct at all times.

He can’t go an episode without fawning over Rogan and Drake...even when he tries to subtly diss them.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Savon and Erickson got a raise tho....They getting money from somewhere...Park jus bought a new crib, even tho he got side hustles like mixing...But Mal and Rory don't seem like they hurting for money...But of course let the Coli tell it they all homeless now smh...And they can have plenty of ad revenue, that they turn down on the regular...

I literally stopped watchin MDWOG because of all the misplaced tacky ads smh...I only tune in when they got a guest that's worth hearing from...

Savon & Alex have their own podcasts. Parks is an engineer, so bread coming from elsewhere.

And it’s not about them being "homeless" they, especially Joe, was talking heavy about owning your own, knowing you're worth, etc, but have been on the podcast and have begged whether playfully or not for sponsors, so they can't be doing as well as advertised.

I honestly feel like they fukked themselves over by over valuing themselves & now are trying to scramble behind the scenes to save face