The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Isn’t the “shots fired” what y’all considered substance? I never understood criticizing a rapper cause you thought the subject matter should be different
C'mon now. Shots Fired was just one song out of seventeen dissing Tory. She didn't dig into the women empowerment the way some thought, I didn't expect it tbh. The album was getting tore up on Twitter.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
C'mon now. Shots Fired was just one song out of seventeen dissing Tory. She didn't dig into the women empowerment the way some thought, I didn't expect it tbh. The album was getting tore up on Twitter.
None of her albums are good tho. She doesn’t have a great ear for beats and her flow isn’t versatile

I think it’s weird to judge music on what you didn’t hear the artist talk about.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
None of her albums are good tho. She doesn’t have a great ear for beats and her flow isn’t versatile

I think it’s weird to judge music on what you didn’t hear the artist talk about.
To be fair, this is her "debut" album. Fever, a "mixtape", was more well-received than this. I was a fan of hers initially but she's been too repetitive.

For me, it isn't the subject matter but the lack of variety. There is a difference between mixtape/album quality and this sounds just like her previous work. I shouldn't expect different because as you've said, this is what she does.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I think the only way to settle this is to have a "The Coli" verzuz and 1 of you nikkas be Drake and the other be Hov :ehh:

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
Meg got the same problem Nav has in my eyes. They rap about surface level shyt when I expect to get a bit more from they shyt than that from the way folk pitch em to me.

with Meg it's the freak shyt. I get it but she doesn't make it the focal of her persona especially now a days and I would like to hear her bar some shyt that aint just about fukking nikkas and being a boss bytch

Nav is brown boy rap but don't give no brown boy experience and just spit the same shyt every other nikka spit especially since he be draining abel funds for trap nikka features and beats.

Two artist who I would like to have more from but they keep giving the same shyt new wrapper every project.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Drake vs Hov isn’t even a good Verzuz matchup. They have very different fanbases.
Jeezy-Gucci
Patti Labelle-Gladys Knight
Beenie Man- Bounty Killa
These all worked extremely well because 90% of people who are a fan of one are a fan of the other and know every song from both artists.
Go to a Hov show and the average attendee is a couple in their 30’s or even older who probably got a babysitter and are having a night out. Go to a Drake show and its groups of 17-25 year old girls who comprise the majority of the crowd.