The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Drake is beating Jay z
Jay to me is hard to measure on Versus because his biggest hits numbers wise aren't his hardcore fans favorite tracks. Songs like "Empire State of Mind", "Change Clothes", "Give It To Me", "Can I Get A", "Excuse Me Miss" ain't hitting as hard in this format. But Jay is one of the few artists with the truly classic album cuts that large amounts of people know. So it would be interesting seeing which route he'd go.

Drake I think is the only other person like that as shown with that Care Package joint he dropped. He has a ton of features and loosies that weren't on albums or necessarily huge but blew up. The two of them could probably go 40 deep and still have heat to bring.

It would never happen but I'd love to see like a best of three versus between a Drake and Jay. One for singles. One for features. And one for B-sides. I think both could drop 20 for all three categories.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Jay to me is hard to measure on Versus because his biggest hits numbers wise aren't his hardcore fans favorite tracks. Songs like "Empire State of Mind", "Change Clothes", "Give It To Me", "Can I Get A", "Excuse Me Miss" ain't hitting as hard in this format. But Jay is one of the few artists with the truly classic album cuts that large amounts of people know. So it would be interesting seeing which route he'd go.

Drake I think is the only other person like that as shown with that Care Package joint he dropped. He has a ton of features and loosies that weren't on albums or necessarily huge but blew up. The two of them could probably go 40 deep and still have heat to bring.

It would never happen but I'd love to see like a best of three versus between a Drake and Jay. One for singles. One for features. And one for B-sides. I think both could drop 20 for all three categories.
And most of Jayz highlights are from the lates 90s and 00s I don’t think that meshes well with records mostly from the 10s

I think Jay vs Snoop would’ve been the perfect battle and Kanye vs Drake

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
These dudes spent like 30 minutes tip toeing around the fact Meg album trash :francis:

Kanye’s first child seems slow too compared to how advanced blue is

you talking about northwest? she seem normal to me :yeshrug:
I did notice a trend of celebrities revealing their first child then being more private with the subsequent kids

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These dudes spent like 30 minutes tip toeing around the fact Meg album trash :francis:

I did notice a trend of celebrities revealing their first child then being more private with the subsequent kids

Once folks got super disrespectful with North commenting on pics saying stupid shyt about Kim sextape and growing up knowing that
Folks was disrespectful as hell with Blue talking about her hair, saying she looked too much like Jay

i don't blame folks at this point :yeshrug: hope Nicki never shows her child

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

Well Joe comments made 0 sense

Megs album isn’t any different than her other projects

Daps
I have a feeling he’s a little delayed or autistic and they don’t know it yet. Cyn it being her first child and Joe never being around his children enough to notice.

I just had my first son 2 months ago so I’ve been observant of others.

he’s almost 3 and doesn’t respond to when someone calls him, doesn’t say any real words

Kanye’s first child seems slow too compared to how advanced blue is

Simulate your children daily yo, that’s very important

How have you measured this? No hate just asking.

I dont think I have seen any footage of either child to make a judgement.

Daps
Thecoli is Drake hater central

I think Jay is the best rapper of all time but no rapper is beating a Drake in a hits battles

I dont hate Drake but I disagree.

Not saying Drake gets washed but Jay has big hits and street classics. I mean, if he dropped say Intro to Vol 1 :wow: Dynasty Intro, Heart of the city, Never change AND his features? Nah Jay got this.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
But the album is What Meg does. What would you be expecting? this is her 4th project since she hit mainstream

With her whole protect black women angle and everything she went thru this year, I think people thought they might get a little more substance. I don’t think anyone was expecting her to be pac or nothing but maybe some substance

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
With her whole protect black women angle and everything she went thru this year, I think people thought they might get a little more substance. I don’t think anyone was expecting her to be pac or nothing but maybe some substance
Isn’t the “shots fired” what y’all considered substance? I never understood criticizing a rapper cause you thought the subject matter should be different