The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

qaws23

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Ea$t Cleveland
:huhldup: at this whole post. Turn down millions of dollars in a pandemic brehs :mjlol:

Lol people keep ignoring that fact that Spotify wanted to own everything tho. Rights to state of the culture, the pull-ups, podcast tour money, merchandise. Anything Rory Mal and Parks did. Why the fukk would they sign up for that?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol people keep ignoring that fact that Spotify wanted to own everything tho. Rights to state of the culture, the pull-ups, podcast tour money, merchandise. Anything Rory Mal and Parks did. Why the fukk would they sign up for that?
That’s why you negotiate. They wanted a piece of whatever they did outside the pod, similar to how they were getting a piece of the live gate for their shows. They can’t get anything from SOTC anyway because that’s owned by Revolt. Even IF they wanted more, what are any of them really doing outside the podcast that’s worth that much anyway?

Joe didn’t even make a counter offer, just told them SMD and burned the entire bridge down. They could be getting guaranteed millions in a pandemic for talking sh*t twice a week. Turning that down is just stupid. Even stupider now seeing that he has Covid which could kill their numbers for the next few weeks.

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
Imagine how much better this podcast would be if Mal was replaced by Vince Staples and Reason. Mal barely talked the whole time reason was there and it was the best part of the pod.
there needs to be like a JBP all-stars run that includes joe/rory/parks and a mix with any 2 of mal/reason/vince/bridget kelly

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That’s why you negotiate. They wanted a piece of whatever they did outside the pod, similar to how they were getting a piece of the live gate for their shows. They can’t get anything from SOTC anyway because that’s owned by Revolt. Even IF they wanted more, what are any of them really doing outside the podcast that’s worth that much anyway?

Joe didn’t even make a counter offer, just told them SMD and burned the entire bridge down. They could be getting guaranteed millions in a pandemic for talking sh*t twice a week. Turning that down is just stupid. Even stupider now seeing that he has Covid which could kill their numbers for the next few weeks.
My biggest fear for them is the huge money drying up. I'm looking at the podcast market like the internet boom where companies are throwing out all this crazy money only to realize they aren't getting the ROI that they want which will cause the market to dry up.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Imagine how much better this podcast would be if Mal was replaced by Vince Staples and Reason. Mal barely talked the whole time reason was there and it was the best part of the pod.
I fukks with Vince and love when he calls in (or they call him) but I don't know if I could take a whole pod of Vince. Dude is hilarious but I don't know how long it'd be before I got tired of it.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I fukks with Vince and love when he calls in (or they call him) but I don't know if I could take a whole pod of Vince. Dude is hilarious but I don't know how long it'd be before I got tired of it.
That's kinda why I meant him and Reason alternating. It would take me a lot longer to get tired of Vince than it does Mal's c00ning, terrible sports takes, and corny too cool to be relatable bytch ass.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They didn't want to own anything, they wanted exclusivity to their platform and sponsorships. Nobody said that they wanted Joe to sell all his projects to them, he would have been free to leave when the contract expired just like he did this time.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Because nobody gives a shyt about SOTC, Pull up, or anything Rory and Mal are doing outside of the podcast. They thought they were bigger than they r