The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
Honest question for regular JBP listeners, what about the podcast keeps you engaged on a regular basis? I listen to an episode every couple weeks and even found myself at one of their live shows but I could really take it or leave it :yeshrug: Before you come for my neck I'm not saying the podcast is bad :ufdup: I'd just like to get some perspective from other listeners :ld:

More than anything I find listening to the pod to be a pleasant distraction while doing cardio, working, commuting and other activities that don’t fully engage my mind. There’s nothing too serious going on and I’m not looking to them for any insight. It’s always good for a few laughs and is basically like hanging out with friends.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Honest question for regular JBP listeners, what about the podcast keeps you engaged on a regular basis? I listen to an episode every couple weeks and even found myself at one of their live shows but I could really take it or leave it :yeshrug: Before you come for my neck I'm not saying the podcast is bad :ufdup: I'd just like to get some perspective from other listeners :ld:
Consistency:yeshrug:

Parks takes on the conversation is probably the most enjoyment I get out of it.

Wish I could be excited as Nap dikk riding ass :francis:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Wack sent a random Joe Budden stray on Million Dollars Worth of Game. Gill and Wallo said it wasn't that serious lol.

:lolbron:
it's something i put in the background while doing other stuff. Jomes and their continuation over multiple podcasts can be funny. The debates can be interesting (not necessarily the topic of debate but more how they debate). Also gives a rough idea of what albums are coming out, what shows, general news... It's not the greatest podcast ever but it's good enough where i put ot on my regular routine.

One thing I'll say, i can't do the video version. They just look kinda awkward at times.
exactly my POV

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They talk about some shyt I care about, some shyt that's funny, and normally I can count on throwing it on every Wednesday and Saturday/Monday while I'm out and about or working. If they never came back it wouldn't be the end of the world tho

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
5iohq4fbcws51.jpg

:mjlol:

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple

It's pretty funny when it's just joke and regular topics. I don't really care for the music breakdowns since you know Joe likes any women that sings and that is somewhat attractive and disses guy rappers because he thinks he's nicer. On super serious episodes about "the creators" and shyt like when he discuses other podcast like call me daddy, I just skip.

I only listen at work, since it helps time go by faster, but could find another podcast to replace it if it gets too bad.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I started missing some during the summer and missed some until the end. Every episode felt the same since not much was happening outside other than.. what was happening and their deal. Otherwise I've been a listener since the beginning. What keeps me interested is that they give different, even if dumb, perspectives and jokes of current hiphop/culture-related events. The older I get, the less I have time and interest to follow everyone on twitter and IG, talk to my friends all the time and shyt like that. So the coli and jpb are basically my main sources of hiphop news and commentary.

Other than JBP, I don't listen to any hiphop related podcast. Used to listen to Tax and Combat, might check an interview at some pod like itsthereal if there's someone interesting.

Last edited:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Bruh you acting like these some mexican or white ghetto byrds or some shyt. Like that ADOS shyt is wierd COINTEL style bullshyt that got you talking in circles.
they practically are just just like mexicans and other immigrant women just with darkskin. and im not talking in circles you just dont have a good rebuttal to what i said. so quit cappin

"They a specific black that infiltrate and talk like our blacks" So some hood/ethnic birds talking regular bird shyt? We as a people have more shyt going on in this world than this new era crab style shyt and you buggin.
what about it is crab style? part of Black americas problems is desiginating who is black so we can move forward. So whatever issues your referring to warrants us to do stuff like this.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
they practically are just just like mexicans and other immigrant women just with darkskin. and im not talking in circles you just dont have a good rebuttal to what i said. so quit cappin

what about it is crab style? part of Black americas problems is desiginating who is black so we can move forward. So whatever issues your referring to warrants us to do stuff like this.
:rudy: Man just stfu , don't nobody care about that dumb shyt you talking in here. Keep derailing and get reported type lame shyt LQP

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Props to them for voicing they're not with it

lol...that’s the fake “keep the peace” shyt joe and charlamagne used to be on til it finally boiled over...all these hip hop media personalities are just tired and fake to me at this point...that gilly podcast is very hard to listen to as well...listened to a few eps and it’s not entertaining or informative in the least imo

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good way to pass the time...I listened to it while washing dishes...cleaning around the house...exercising etc...the conversations were random, genuine and most importantly funny...there was a time when if I was working out I had to make sure it was lightweight shyt because the show was so consistently funny that I did not wanna risk hurting myself by abruptly laughing at something while working with weights etc.

now it just seems like a rehearsed rundown of TSR topics...I had my criticisms way before shyt hit the fan and they went off the rails with this spotify shyt followed by the CTG beef...I haven’t listened to the last 2 eps...I’m still keeping tabs on the thread...bcuz maybe the hiatus might help re-energize the show

the “problem” is this happens with many forms of entertainment that start off low key with a sort of “underground” following...eventually when mainstream success is attained, things change to try and appease new fans while still trying to hold on to the old ones

plus they’ve been providing content for 5+ years which is not easy to do...it just doesn’t seem to be for me anymore...I’ve been listening for a minute so I still am gonna give it a fair chance when they return but sometimes shows just fizzle out and lose that “magic” or formula that made it successful...happens with artists...happens in television etc.

Last edited:

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic

I get bored at work and them rambling and bullshyttin for 3+ hours makes the day go faster

TNC

Hardbody
Daps

Its a couple differen things...

1. If you are a fan of music or more specifically the music industry, this is probably the best/most informative podcast on the market for music insider gossip, information or speculation. Joe, Mal, Parks and Rory have all had extensive experience inside the industry, all in different ways and they speak on situations better and more candidly than you'll get from anywhere else. Its part of the reason Joe can literally call up or have damn near any other artist on a whim.

2. If you like podcasts in general, a big thing is the chemistry between the players and you can tell all these dudes are friends and known each other for a while so they can take shots or vibe with each other more than casual/industry friends and people do.

3. These nikkas are hilarious and very open. Something that Joe's always had and carried in every career he's had is that he's very open about almost everything, even at his own detriment. But the jokes and situations these guys get themselves into and talk about has had me and probably most listeners falling out laughing multiple times per episode. Even Andrew Shultz, who is a fri-enemy of the pod, has said on multiple times on his own platform how funny and entertaining the JBP is.

4. These guys all still get into stuff in their personal and professional lives and that creates all kinds of drama that keeps people coming back for more. Like over the past month I have zero doubt the views been near or at an all time high because of the Spotify drama, then the Joe/Charla drama and then the Joe's personal life being exposed drama.... usually one thing like that can sink most people or podcast but Joe bounces back well and has always been able to turn his Ls into content. Its a very respectable trait.

5 Just as a comparison point... who has a better podcast, of the same genre, than them? Rogan is quality but his pod is nothing like this one, this is probably THE go to podcast for black AND white people (thanks to Rory and Parks) that are into Hiphop culture or POVs from that perspective.