The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Its a couple differen things...

1. If you are a fan of music or more specifically the music industry, this is probably the best/most informative podcast on the market for music insider gossip, information or speculation. Joe, Mal, Parks and Rory have all had extensive experience inside the industry, all in different ways and they speak on situations better and more candidly than you'll get from anywhere else. Its part of the reason Joe can literally call up or have damn near any other artist on a whim.

2. If you like podcasts in general, a big thing is the chemistry between the players and you can tell all these dudes are friends and known each other for a while so they can take shots or vibe with each other more than casual/industry friends and people do.

3. These nikkas are hilarious and very open. Something that Joe's always had and carried in every career he's had is that he's very open about almost everything, even at his own detriment. But the jokes and situations these guys get themselves into and talk about has had me and probably most listeners falling out laughing multiple times per episode. Even Andrew Shultz, who is a fri-enemy of the pod, has said on multiple times on his own platform how funny and entertaining the JBP is.

4. These guys all still get into stuff in their personal and professional lives and that creates all kinds of drama that keeps people coming back for more. Like over the past month I have zero doubt the views been near or at an all time high because of the Spotify drama, then the Joe/Charla drama and then the Joe's personal life being exposed drama.... usually one thing like that can sink most people or podcast but Joe bounces back well and has always been able to turn his Ls into content. Its a very respectable trait.

5 Just as a comparison point... who has a better podcast, of the same genre, than them? Rogan is quality but his pod is nothing like this one, this is probably THE go to podcast for black AND white people (thanks to Rory and Parks) that are into Hiphop culture or POVs from that perspective.
This is why I been fukking with Joe his whole career. He's just raw. He do his share of fronting but emotionally if he's feeling a way he's gone let it be known. I've been listening to the pod since episode 1. I gave up on it right before Mal got added and went back and listened to it all. Over the last few months it seemed like they were just really going through the motions. Then they hit a bit of a hot streak right before all the Spotify shyt started. At this point if it comes back if it's not inconvenient to listen then I'll check it back out.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC

Honest question, no hate. How does a video like this come about?

Joe: Listen, I want to make a trailer for my network taking clips from all over with people telling me how great, innovative and creative I am. Cool? Thanks.

Joe in a fukkin chinchilla on msnbc will forever be funny. You know he was hot as fukk under those studio lights.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030

The guys are back! After being bullied into their return they have a ton to cover. They begin with catching up on their time off (11:07), Mal was dissed by Tory Lanez over the break (28:21), and Bria Myles appreciation (55:29). They also, recap new music that dropped [which include Jay Electronica, Bryson Tiller and more] (1:16:29), Charlie Clips and DNA campaign ad for Joe Biden (2:40:45), congratulations for the Lakers (2:54:38) and much more!

Sleeper Picks Joe | Bryson Tiller - “Sorrows” Rory | Emotional Oranges - “All That” (Ft. Channel Tres) Mal | Benny The Butcher & Hit-Boy - “Legend” Parks | Da Cloth - “Ask Me Why”

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
EgsK.gif