The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
This. I really liked Kaz but he was doing too much and wasn't committing to the podcast like the others wanted and when it is literally a company with shares that can make things problematic if you are missing episodes and whole months but getting a cut. Ultimately they couldn't make it work - I don't think either were wrong, just not a good fit for their circumstances. Kaz got a real creative freelancer mindset, that's how he makes his cheddar, while Akaash and Schulz only need 2-3 things, comedy, podcats and maybe tv. As for most successful, Kaz is more a freelancer but that doesn't mean anything. If going by IG (bad indicator), Kaz has around 30k followers, Akaash 70k, Schulz 1.1m, Charla 3.5m+. Kaz will be fine though, he's a good guy but sometimes it doesnt work out...
Yea they were giving Kaz a cut even when he didn’t show up. Even tried to make concessions so he can still his own freelancing shyt and flagrant. Like I said Kaz must be sick right now because flagrant2 is out of here...

I don't think what Joe wants is even possible and Rory knows it, but like he said during the podcast, he can't say anything
No matter what, he's going to have to use someone else's platform to get the show out to his fans (Apple, Google, Tidal, etc)
and those companies are probably not going to give him ownership in their company or a seat on the board whatever else he was saying Charlemagne didn't get with his deal

He was making fun of Shultz about talking to the platforms he's on but Rogan left Youtube because they weren't going to give him what he wanted and actually started slashing ad revenue, so why would Youtube give Joe something that they wouldn't give Rogan?

Joe says its not about the money but it is, he let is slip out at the end when he said if Rogan got 300 mil, they should get 70 mil and no way Spotify was going to give him that with no ads especially when Rogan and The Ringer joined Spotify with big sponsors already signed up

The giving up 50% argument against the Black Effect makes no sense either because that 50% those podcasts gave up didn't exist before they signed up with iHeart, that's new revenue that wasn't available before

funny enough, Joe and Schulz are very much alike with how they view ownership and about not needing corporate money :russ:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe exposed that Charlamagne deal HARD BODY :whoo:

A lotta lingo and filibustering :whoo:

New Nore probably wont even sweat it. But if old lefrak city TROY Nore heard that convo back, he might have laid hands on Joe

it moreso highlighted ctg dealings but Nore couldve taken it as Joe shytting on his bag and how he does business.

lets hope new Nore keeps it civil.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Lmao @ joe believing he’s prof x in this situation.

Him calling NORE was hard to listen to. He basically called him up to ask him how much charlamagne is paying him for this deal. He’s so mad he beat him to the punch on this black podcast network.

Joes own co worker is a part of the network. That’s if state of the culture even comes back. Ebony got her own revolt show, own podcast and a bunch of other gigs and i know no one tuned in last season especially with those horrible quarantine episodes.

I dont think joe can beat charlamagne at this game.
nah. jow might be a genius in this situation.
they signed to one nxcca that signed to another nxcca
That's signed to three nxccas, now that's bad luck

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
:mjlol:

Joe needs a damn straight jacket and padded room...

He is in EVERYONES pockets and the only one not cashing out while thinking he is fighting some moral fight. He thinks he is in some comic book. He is the one that chose to keep himself around ghetto goofies and now he think he is under some paid Smear campaign.
:hhh:

Why the fukk would Nore tell him inside contract info over the phone for him to dissect on another podcast?
:mjlol:

Joe is all of a sudden this awesome business man but when has he ever FINISHED business dealings with anyone smoothly?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
"I KNOW WHAT SPOTIFY OFFERED YOU FOR YOUR PODCAST NETWORK...AND THEY TOLD YOU TO SUCK dikk!!!"

"I know what its like when you climb the ladder and they feel hold up... they can't pay you more than me"...

Joe is saying this shyt is institutional racism :wow:

:damn: