The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Kaz was the biggest star on the show and the others got jealous like Kaz was doing shyt all over the world including stuff for NY markets like having a show on MSG networks. He also had big time sponsors who paid him to do events and other projects. Personally Kaz lost his father and a kid(miscarriage) and he’s ahead of them in life. Over time Andrew blew up to be close to Kaz in a main stream while Kaz fell back a bit for the reasons stated. They also all put money in. I used to fukk with the show.
That’s not how I remember it ok...charlamagne is way bigger than Kaz but he still do brilliant idiots...

Kaz was late all the time. Schulz wanted to put more focus on flagrant2 and building the podcast up. But Kaz had other projects and wanted to focus on that more. It is what it is. :yeshrug: And they did respond to Kaz on the podcast.

Daps
MAL: I dont fukk with Ctha God cause joe you was up on the breakfast club and you was there to discuss "State Of The Culture" . This nikka starts talking about what type of cut I should get ....

Rory : He talked about me and mal and how much percentage we should get ...which is some HOE shyt

MAL: Thats WHY I dont fukk with him :aicmon:

....been said this shyt stop pocket watching

This nikkas said joe asked for 30% of complex :mjlol::lolbron::russ:...joe going to buy NBC now :mjlol::lolbron:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Y'all were right, Park checked Joe with the "Suck my dikk"

LMAO.

:demonic:"Suck my dikk"
:wtb:"Excuse me"
:demonic:"I said suck my dikk"
:martin:"To whom?"
:whoa:"To whoever was saying that...."
:smugbiden:"Oh okay"
All these nikkas ain’t afraid of joe. Rory once told joe to step outside, and joe realized what it was and he fell back:lolbron:

Joe never fukks with Mal. My guess is Mal had to check at some point before the show :mjlol:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I also think it’s funny that joe actually managed to make podcast beef a real thing. He’s beefin with like 5 different podcast and has a response to one of them every episode.

yep after all that fake unity talk...he’s doing the same shyt he did with his rap career...beefing with any/everybody out of jealousy which of course he’ll never admit to

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
You play the game the way EVERYBODY else is playing the game .....dont bring your on ad money to iheart Ctha ...god. okay ?
That's another backwards ass point by Joe. He's focused way too much on ads and which ones are allowed. Also having that huge company negotiating for the ads will give them a chance to bargain from even more of a position of strength to where that larger company can get a much bigger deal for Charlamagne's group.

Joe comes off the type to me that would be happier getting 100% of $10,000 in ad money compared to 50% of $100,000. Also it's funny hearing Joe say none of this involves ego then ranting about everyone doubting him. Even Rory called him out on the hypocrisy of telling everybody it's none of their business and to stop talking about their Spotify negotiations then turning around and breaking down Charlamagne's new deal.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s not how I remember it ok...charlamagne is way bigger than Kaz but he still do brilliant idiots...

Kaz was late all the time. Schulz wanted to put more focus on flagrant2 and building the podcast up. But Kaz had other projects and wanted to focus on that more. It is what it is. :yeshrug: And they did respond to Kaz on the podcast.

This. I really liked Kaz but he was doing too much and wasn't committing to the podcast like the others wanted and when it is literally a company with shares that can make things problematic if you are missing episodes and whole months but getting a cut. Ultimately they couldn't make it work - I don't think either were wrong, just not a good fit for their circumstances. Kaz got a real creative freelancer mindset, that's how he makes his cheddar, while Akaash and Schulz only need 2-3 things, comedy, podcats and maybe tv. As for most successful, Kaz is more a freelancer but that doesn't mean anything. If going by IG (bad indicator), Kaz has around 30k followers, Akaash 70k, Schulz 1.1m, Charla 3.5m+. Kaz will be fine though, he's a good guy but sometimes it doesnt work out...

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I don't think what Joe wants is even possible and Rory knows it, but like he said during the podcast, he can't say anything
No matter what, he's going to have to use someone else's platform to get the show out to his fans (Apple, Google, Tidal, etc)
and those companies are probably not going to give him ownership in their company or a seat on the board whatever else he was saying Charlemagne didn't get with his deal

He was making fun of Shultz about talking to the platforms he's on but Rogan left Youtube because they weren't going to give him what he wanted and actually started slashing ad revenue, so why would Youtube give Joe something that they wouldn't give Rogan?

Joe says its not about the money but it is, he let is slip out at the end when he said if Rogan got 300 mil, they should get 70 mil and no way Spotify was going to give him that with no ads especially when Rogan and The Ringer joined Spotify with big sponsors already signed up

The giving up 50% argument against the Black Effect makes no sense either because that 50% those podcasts gave up didn't exist before they signed up with iHeart, that's new revenue that wasn't available before

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MAL: I dont fukk with Ctha God cause joe you was up on the breakfast club and you was there to discuss "State Of The Culture" . This nikka starts talking about what type of cut I should get ....

Rory : He talked about me and mal and how much percentage we should get ...which is some HOE shyt

MAL: Thats WHY I dont fukk with him :aicmon:

....been said this shyt stop pocket watching

This nikkas said joe asked for 30% of complex :mjlol::lolbron::russ:...joe going to buy NBC now :mjlol::lolbron:

That was an interesting exchange. I immediately thought of the segment they had about the Gillie Podcast and the money dispute with Dev.