The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So he’s called up Nore to laugh at his deal? This is 40 yr old man with 2 kids, be respectful, people making money, focus on your own life my dude. Don’t wanna see Joe go out like this, showing his true colours. Charlamagne def fought back but this is coming across petty and immature

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
podcast career gonna end up like his music career smh
Charlamagne’s next move is to stay quiet. Joe is his own worst enemy. His ego is his biggest downfall and as a businessman I get it, there is a thin between ambition and delusion. He needs to stay quiet and focus on the goal. He’s coming from a weak position now and it’s only gonna drag him further down.

People will get tired of him talking about himself. Hopefully they both stop now and keep it moving

Daps
You can't claim the high road over sick shyt one episode (during the OBJ part) and then be doing this.

He clearly wants to escalate this but Char has the leverage now. No chance he's going to engage.

How can you have the leverage when Joe dosent want the same thing as Ctha God? Ctha God got some whites and Jews to give 50 percent to help bring in other black podcast and that's what make you hit shyt? I guess ...

Daps
That's hilarious considering how much shyt Budden talk about black celebrities on the pod.

I went back and listened to the clip of the Breakfast Club reacting to Joe announcing the end of the Spotify deal. Char said "it sounds like Joe Budden is a person who knows his worth but doesn't know how to properly negotiate it." Which, judging by Joe's past deals and the last month, is the harsh truth.

Why would you negotiate with Spotify after the thing they pulled plus wanting to own 50 of the people around you ....plus the union that spotify now has to fight because other have come out and said the same thing .

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I dont think Rory/Mal/Parks did a bad job the last episode considering what they were given to work with. :manny:

This nicca Joe knew he was in his feels and knew exactly what he was about to do, and instead of being a man / good friend and falling back to let his people do their thing, he acted like a child seeking attention & sucked all of the life outta the room/pod THEN let them cook.

Nobody wanna hear all of that "who are you", "we're nobody. Nobody is nothing" shyt nicca :mjtf:.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Charlamagne and Joe could be doing all of this on purpose lol. I mean they do work together sometimes. They both have crazy dirt out here on each other so why wouldn’t they play it up for some promo? I mean it’s working in their favor pretty much. As much as people are shytting on Joe right now, look at how much people are talking about him now. People out here aren’t caring much about what the publicity look like these days as long as they get publicity.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Charlamagne and Joe could be doing all of this on purpose lol. I mean they do work together sometimes. They both have crazy dirt out here on each other so why wouldn’t they play it up for some promo? I mean it’s working in their favor pretty much. As much as people are shytting on Joe right now, look at how much people are talking about him now. People out here aren’t caring much about what the publicity look like these days as long as they get publicity.

ppl have gone overboard with this “any publicity is good publicity” mantra...no it’s not and it’s very shortsighted thinking if this is the case

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
How can you have the leverage when Joe dosent want the same thing as Ctha God? Ctha God got some whites and Jews to give 50 percent to help bring in other black podcast and that's what make you hit shyt? I guess ...

Unless you know the details of CTG's deal, there's nothing to spit on. Char kept his cool behind the scenes for months and got the deal he wanted. Joe has ranted publicly and in two weeks he stands to be without a deal for the podcast and worth less value than before the negotiations began. Until further details pop off, those are the facts for now.

Why would you negotiate with Spotify after the thing they pulled plus wanting to own 50 of the people around you ....plus the union that spotify now has to fight because other have come out and said the same thing .

Again, the future deal doesn't have to be with Spotify. You think other potential business partners are lining up to work with Joe after he's burnt bridges with Complex and Spotify and has a trail of dog, domestic, and drug abuse lurking behind him? He might get a deal still, but it won't be as lucrative as it could have been if he had just negotiated intelligently and kept his ego in check.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Here's the thing. If Joe (and you) are going to hold Charlamagne for his joint venture or whatever with iHeart, y'all gotta keep the same energy for people that Joe constantly dikkrides. All of the Master P clips, Diddy props, Jay-Z verses talking that shyt, etc.

At one point or another, and to this day to a degree even, those men have entered into joint ventures that's increased their own individual wealth while at the same time, bringing money to the "man's company". And somehow, they were all still able to build their own shyt on the side without any fukkery.