The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I never thought I’d skip an episode but I never listened to Wednesday’s episode and I’m not overly compelled to listen to this one based off the feedback so far. That’s unfortunate because this was my favorite podcast at one point. However, based on the last month of episodes, along with how they’ve been handling everything is making me not even wanna listen anymore.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Charlamagne started it ....he could have said nothing and kept it moving but he didn't . The female came out in him ...MAL is tired of Charlemagne talking shyt as well ...

That's hilarious considering how much shyt Budden talk about black celebrities on the pod.

I went back and listened to the clip of the Breakfast Club reacting to Joe announcing the end of the Spotify deal. Char said "it sounds like Joe Budden is a person who knows his worth but doesn't know how to properly negotiate it." Which, judging by Joe's past deals and the last month, is the harsh truth.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never thought I’d skip an episode but I never listened to Wednesday’s episode and I’m not overly compelled to listen to this one based off the feedback so far. That’s unfortunate because this was my favorite podcast at one point. However, based on the last month of episodes, along with how they’ve been handling everything is making me not even wanna listen anymore.

one of the best aspects of the show initially was the genuineness behind some of their opinions and the topics they discussed...then at some point a lot of it seemed contrived/forced and worst of all sanctimonious...during the r kelly episode is when it was at its worst

I tried watching 379 and mal is making OBJ shyt jokes then joe chimes in with the high road/different cloth bullshyt when I’ve seen him joke on athletes’ sex lives/activities several times on the show where he’s low key exposed how they move and even who they move with...mal of course easily changes his tune and does the above it all routine a few minutes later after just having made doo doo jokes lol

that’s been my main gripe with the show for some time now...they talk about everyone’s shyt scathingly but when it comes to their shyt or there’s trouble in paradise then they become phony/condescending and it’s not a good look when one of the things I appreciated most was them keeping it real about topics and not giving a fukk about giving what I assumed were honest opinions...it’s made me become more critical of the show now and not in a good way

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
one of the best aspects of the show initially was the genuineness behind some of their opinions and the topics they discussed...then at some point a lot of it seemed contrived/forced and worst of all sanctimonious...during the r kelly episode is when it was at its worst

I tried watching 379 and mal is making OBJ shyt jokes then joe chimes in with the high road/different cloth bullshyt when I’ve seen him joke on athletes’ sex lives/activities several times on the show where he’s low key exposed how they move and even who they move with...mal of course easily changes his tune and does the above it all routine a few minutes later after just having made doo doo jokes lol

that’s been my main gripe with the show for some time now...they talk about everyone’s shyt scathingly but when it comes to their shyt or there’s trouble in paradise then they become phony/condescending and it’s not a good look when one of the things I appreciated most was them keeping it real about topics and not giving a fukk about giving what I assumed were honest opinions...it’s made me become more critical of the show now and not in a good way
THIS!!! That's my biggest issue. And I knew it would come to bite him. It would be one thing if Joe openly admitted to his mistakes and showed some type of ownership, but he never does. He always acts like he's above it all and too smart to engage, but he's the same guy that would condemn other people off of rumors and hearsay. Multiple women come out on any other person he'd be calling them "A nasty fukk", they do it to him and it's all false allegations and a "smear campaign". And I'll never get over how Mal conveniently switched his tune on the Tory Lanez shooting minutes before Joe addressed his abuse allegations. That was wild.

I still fukk with the podcast (a month worth of behavior not gonna make me forget the entertainment from prior episodes), but I just wish Joe and the rest would be more honest and address issues head on instead of trying to play the high road, when they're so quick to get at other people for far less egregious allegations.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Joe played the Charla/dog clip :skip:

Both these guys are sick

Next week should be interesting

You can't claim the high road over sick shyt one episode (during the OBJ part) and then be doing this.

He clearly wants to escalate this but Char has the leverage now. No chance he's going to engage.