The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mal killing me with this "voting is useless" rhetoric.

The argument of saying "we were talking about voting thirty years ago, what happened" doesn't make sense when you realize that even with concerted campaigns, people still don't go out and vote. And it's primarily because of people like Mal who believe that their vote will never matter.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Mal killing me with this "voting is useless" rhetoric.

The argument of saying "we were talking about voting thirty years ago, what happened" doesn't make sense when you realize that even with concerted campaigns, people still don't go out and vote. And it's primarily because of people like Mal who believe that their vote will never matter.

I blame local media mostly. If they covered their local elections more and ppl saw directly that their vote mattered in their community I think they'd feel better about the National elections too

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
its kinda sad listening to these latter episodes. i know they will land somewhere, but this is like getting released and signing for the low. These last episodes should have been some of the best material, go out on spot with a bang....but they've progressively gotten worse.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
its kinda sad listening to these latter episodes. i know they will land somewhere, but this is like getting released and signing for the low. These last episodes should have been some of the best material, go out on spot with a bang....but they've progressively gotten worse.

The question is..did they already sign somewhere else or were they still in negotiations?

Judging from how sad they sounded, it sounds like the bag was not yet secured.

If that's the case, they should just do some short term shyt and be free agents again next year

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
You know it’s bad when you hear Mal, Rory and Parks Voice more on a pod than Joe. He’s probably reading the smear campaign as they were recording this
3f99afab729666a57da885e325cd73c9.png

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope this nikka don’t kill himself man

I haven't listened to the latest pod but is Joe really sounding bad? I'm rooting for him but my take is this is all basically rich people problems. He owns the pod which is an asset worth millions. He may not get the number he wants but at the least he can get a 7 figure deal. In context, he goes to his boys crib and talks shyt for a few hours a week and company's are willing to pay millions for that? shyyyyyt. That's much easier than rapping and he did that for minimal pay for 20 years straight. I get he has a "bigger mission" in what he's trying to do business wise but in the grand scheme of life, how "bad" is he really doing?

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
This remind me of the playoff game Kobe refused to shoot against the Suns, cuz everybody said he was a ball hog...Pause

Joe checked out the game mentally this Pod...Hope Saturday he gets more shots up...I literally forget he was there, Mal Rory n Parks out here jackin up shots and they jus wasn't falling...

This was pose to be Joe's Flu Game and he didn't show up

:francis:

He should have subbed out long before he did. His point was proven the 1st 5 mins. :francis:

Olmec

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Hidden Temple
now joe want's to be serious and have a pity party with the monotone voice. he shyts on everyone on the pod when they get "deep or in their feelings" and says he's not interested in that shyt, but it's ok if he does. he's trying to get be manipulative and hopefully gain sympathy by acting down, so all these issues that were brought up go away. he's going to be tweeting and responding to the "are you ok" / "stay strong" tweets all day watch.