The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It's still dumb that wasnt the first thing they did when Complex cancelled the show. They were pose to run it last year with Milagro, but it fell thru somehow and they havent made a peep about it since.

They both make enough money to fund the shyt themselves. Hell look what Cam did with IIWII and that was all his money.
Didn't AK reveal that Joe tried to fukk him over by having him sign a shytty contract to work together again? AK just seemed to be smarter than R&M about it and didn't sign.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think Joe hasn’t taken a deal for a reason. Unlike those other pods, he’s built up an organic following over years and he makes good money from Patreon alone. I wouldn’t be surprised if those companies are trying to lowball him.
If the pod was valuable as he thought(he thinks 9 figures), then someone wouldve snatched him up the minute the spotify deal was over.
Joe hasnt taken a deal because he isnt getting any.

Didn't AK reveal that Joe tried to fukk him over by having him sign a shytty contract to work together again? AK just seemed to be smarter than R&M about it and didn't sign.
I dont remember ever hearing that, but that wouldve make sense as to why it hasnt happened yet lmao.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Joe has unrealistic expectations in what he wants out of a deal. He even in a roundabout way mentioned going to Spotify asking for Rogan type money. I think Joe also revealed Spotify offered him $20 million but it would be a 360 type deal where Spotify would get a piece of outside projects. Pretty damn good offer IMO. That would've gave Joe time and money to build the network up and to take care of his coworkers and keep together what he had.

Joe thinks he's the anti hero who knows what's best for society

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Joe has unrealistic expectations in what he wants out of a deal. He even in a roundabout way mentioned going to Spotify asking for Rogan type money. I think Joe also revealed Spotify offered him $20 million but it would be a 360 type deal where Spotify would get a piece of outside projects. Pretty damn good offer IMO. That would've gave Joe time and money to build the network up and to take care of his coworkers and keep together what he had.
He did, which is why he was full of shyt playing the black card this pod, basically saying black pods not getting the 20, 30, 40 million a year offers. Like nikka you had that offer on the table, years ago lmao.

And Spotify getting a piece of outside projects(any podcasts rory/mal/parks made) is probably because they wouldve put their machine behind any those projects. It probably wouldve had favorable deals for joe and company anyway. Besides if Ian is as good as he claims, Joe would still walk away with ownership of those pods after the deal anyway.

lib123

All Star
Daps

How do you know if that’s a good deal? Do you know how much Joe currently makes?

lib123

All Star
Daps
If the pod was valuable as he thought(he thinks 9 figures), then someone wouldve snatched him up the minute the spotify deal was over.
Joe hasnt taken a deal because he isnt getting any.

When did Joe say he’s seeking 9 figures? I think the issue is Spotify wouldn’t provide a detailed breakdown of the listener analytics that would help him decide whether to take the deal. He’s mentioned they don’t provide detailed analytics nor share exactly how much they’re making from listeners. Joe’s biggest issue seems to be the lack of transparency as well as long-term ownership of the content.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
When did Joe say he’s seeking 9 figures? I think the issue is Spotify wouldn’t provide a detailed breakdown of the listener analytics that would help him decide whether to take the deal. He’s mentioned they don’t provide detailed analytics nor share exactly how much they’re making from listeners. Joe’s biggest issue seems to be the lack of transparency as well as long-term ownership of the content.
He said on multiple occasions his pod has made spotify 9 figures. He's said on more than one occasion he was looking for rogan numbers(9 figures). The analytics part he was talking about was a separate gripe. Along with things like using his pod to help promote other pods spotify had.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I was confused when I heard that as well. Not sure what the writers are doing. We know they dont research shyt, they dont do skits. Maybe they just write the topics for the episode or something?
Ehhh we've seen BTS of the six of them writing the topics on the board and when Mel isn't there they don't even bother to do that :pachaha:

Got no idea what the writers for except for those lil fake skits and stuff but they rarely if ever do those

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol @ leading off the pod with that Vegas shooting shyt, Joe deadass thinks it just happened too

Silkk

Daps
How do you know if that’s a good deal? Do you know how much Joe currently makes?
Whether it was or not was a matter of opinion

But turning down a multimillion dollar deal with them only to turn around a year later and put your product back on that same platform for free is COMPLETE stupidity.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
Whether it was or not was a matter of opinion

But turning down a multimillion dollar deal with them only to turn around a year later and put your product back on that same platform for free is COMPLETE stupidity.

Taking this off Joe and the pod, cause I dont know shyt about shyt

But that's a broad statement

The exclusive deal isn't for everyone. And it depends on what that company offering the exclusive deal wants. They might want something you don't wanna give up

Silkk

Daps
Taking this off Joe and the pod, cause I dont know shyt about shyt

But that's a broad statement

The exclusive deal isn't for everyone. And it depends on what that company offering the exclusive deal wants. They might want something you don't wanna give up
Then negotiate a deal for less that doesn't include exclusivity or whatever the issue is. But putting it back up and ending up with nothing at all is crazy.

But from the way they talked about it today it had more to do with Ego and dikk swinging than actual offers anyway

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Its been like 4-5 years since the spotify deal ended right?

Its kinda crazy to me how Joe and Ian have seen all the people get deals the past few years and still not line up something they would deem acceptable. Even if they would have taken another three year deal they would've been able to renegotiate that shyt now. Meanwhile you got:

Gillie & Wallo
Pat Macafee
Joe Rogan
The Call her daddy girl
Akademiks (Kik/Rumble/Twitch)
Charlamagne's entire network

All with deals they are happy/cool with and this fool and Ian can't find one in five 5 years.....? shyt crazy to me :ld:

Cam and Mase came and secured a major bag in less than a year.
Gil's arena got the basketball shyt on lock. in that time, actually like 2 years.
This the call her daddy girl's like 2nd major deal in that 4-5 year timespan. first was 60M/3yr. New one 125M/3yr.
Then you got shyt like Lebatard show making deals with HBO. Then they signed All The Smoke
Colin's the Volume(podcast production company/network) made a name for itself in that time. Apparently they valued at like 100M+.
Shannon came thru and snoopdogged the building.

Joe was hating hard as hell on CTG's network too when it first came. Said CTG stole the idea from him. Talking about how he had to go back running to iHeart because nobody else wanted him. Tried that lil slick shyt with nore and the ad money trying to cause a rift.

I was confused when I heard that as well. Not sure what the writers are doing. We know they dont research shyt, they dont do skits. Maybe they just write the topics for the episode or something?

Completely forgot this nikka had a revolt deal too that he walked from :dead:

R&M on their second deal :sas2:

Joe doesn't want to get money with brehs....he wants to pay brehs and then make light of it on the pod lol. He was getting money w R&M, and purposely destroyed that. He's a destroyer nicca