The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Kinda agree with Ice, if i missed it when it came out there's just some shyt in hip-hop im just not gonna go back and try to revisit
I'm the opposite. I love to go back and check out stuff I might have missed. I'm always trying to find something new. I just have one of those curious minds.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps

Why is this Mandi heaux relevant? She was one of the broads on the chicks pod in the infamous "Joe Budden Network" that left his network and the ladies broke up anyway and cancelled their pod right? What does she do now and why should we care?

Only asking because her comments keep getting posted in this thread over the last few weeks :patrice:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Listening to the Alex deal segment, it's obvious Joe doesnt realize his failings in business deals is because him and Ian are incompetent. He keeps alluding to not getting "those deals" because he is black. I know Ian be putting that nikka in a spin cycle behind closed doors. Im sure anytime Ian fukks up a deal because he doesnt know how to negotiate he tells joe they dont want to give a "black" that money, instead of saying it's his own incompetence.

What has Ian done exactly? He obviously doesnt cultivate shyt because he doesnt have anyone else popping. He trying to get that shyt with Rappaport off the ground. The Patreon shyt isnt anything new. Flagrant/Andrew Schulz been running that up for years, well before Joe did it, so that isnt a new concept Ian brought to the table either. It feels like Joe couldve bumped his head and ran most the podcast bts deal shyt himself. Seems like Joe/Peter Rosenberg helped with the concept of joe doing the podcast, so Ian doesnt get credit for that either.

Black pods like Gil(Gil's Arena), Cam/Mase, MDWoG have gotten big bags because they have ppl behind them that know how to negotiate and leverage their shyt. Gil broke down his contract and how he leveraged everything. Underdog even "leases" his channel and pays him for every subscriber. He even worked it into the deal where he can create new shows and Underdog will fully back them. When/if Shannon becomes a FA he will easily be getting the 20M+ a year deal from someone. Club Shay Shay + Night Caps are hits, and the former has lapped Joe a few times.

Flip mentioning WBD/NBA/Amazon he only said a few words but of course he got that all fukked up :dead:
From the way Joe/Ish asked what the deal was with WBD/NBA/Amazon, tells me they havent covered it on the pod. Im surprised because that is kinda big news and it seems like Joe especially would like to talk about a deal like that, how WBD fumbled, and the implications.
Opinion-based babble. If Joe told you he was in the room, you'd probably ignore that fact

lib123

All Star
Daps
Does anybody have links to the viral fight videos Joe mentioned on the recent pod (White guy getting beat up by McDonald's employee, White woman's husband getting punched at the hotel)?

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Why is this Mandi heaux relevant? She was one of the broads on the chicks pod in the infamous "Joe Budden Network" that left his network and the ladies broke up anyway and cancelled their pod right? What does she do now and why should we care?

Only asking because her comments keep getting posted in this thread over the last few weeks :patrice:
She's one half of Whorible Decesions. I think they still do decent. They was big as hell a couple years ago as one of the top hoe babble pods(im assuming that's what they are from how Joe described them over the years).

As far as why should we care. It seems cuz Joe wants some drama. :yeshrug:
I think 2 of the 3 last times Mandi been brought up in this thread is due to Joe mentioning her/them on the pod. When he covered Thing is breaking up and wanting to know the details of that. Then this most recent stuff of the shots at Mel.
Does anybody have links to the viral fight videos Joe mentioned on the recent pod (White guy getting beat up by McDonald's employee, White woman's husband getting punched at the hotel)?
From the way he described it, these seem to be the vids. Especially the 2nd one.

If this the mcdonalds one he described, 5 years old

White woman grabbing black dude and he knocks out the husband, 2 years ago.

Opinion-based babble. If Joe told you he was in the room, you'd probably ignore that fact
Im assuming this is you being defensive about Ian correct?
In the room for what exactly? The creation of the pod? I dont ever remember Joe saying Ian helped with pod idea/getting it up off the ground. Peter also never mentions Ian. Seems Peter did the work of getting that off the ground, along with Joe.

Do you have anything saying otherwise? Maybe I missed some soundbites where Ian is mentioned.
Also Flagrant and other pods running up the patreon shyt before Joe isnt opinion, it's a fact. I watched flagrant grind and get 15-20k patreon subs.
If by "in the room", you mean Joe is also in on the meetings. What does that pose to say?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
He was on track to get to that level but he wants ownership and equity for everything. These companies got to multi billions of dollars without him, why would they need to do that for someone like him. It seems to me the popularity of the JBP is simply because he was one of the 1st to do it. Bigger names have come along and dwarfed him already. Plus he'll never shake the label of doing bad business.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
He was on track to get to that level but he wants ownership and equity for everything. These companies got to multi billions of dollars without him, why would they need to do that for someone like him. It seems to me the popularity of the JBP is simply because he was one of the 1st to do it. Bigger names have come along and dwarfed him already. Plus he'll never shake the label of doing bad business.
On the flip side, why would you sell you brand to one of these big companies knowing you won't have it when you leave? Rogan and Cooper can get away with this shyt because they're white and their fanbase is exponentially larger

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Joe losing ownership was never an issue with spotify, they were never buying ownership into the pod. So yes he can "get away with it" like Rogan and Cooper.