Superstar
Daps
Gillie & Wallo
Pat Macafee
Joe Rogan
The Call her daddy girl
Akademiks (Kik/Rumble/Twitch)
Charlamagne's entire network
Cam and Mase came and secured a major bag in less than a year.
Gil's arena got the basketball shyt on lock. in that time, actually like 2 years.
This the call her daddy girl's like 2nd major deal in that 4-5 year timespan. first was 60M/3yr. New one 125M/3yr.
Then you got shyt like Lebatard show making deals with HBO. Then they signed All The Smoke
Colin's the Volume(podcast production company/network) made a name for itself in that time. Apparently they valued at like 100M+.
Shannon came thru and snoopdogged the building.

Joe was hating hard as hell on CTG's network too when it first came. Said CTG stole the idea from him. Talking about how he had to go back running to iHeart because nobody else wanted him. Tried that lil slick shyt with nore and the ad money trying to cause a rift.

Never knew the pod has "writers". Wonder if that's what Corey's actual job is :russ:
I was confused when I heard that as well. Not sure what the writers are doing. We know they dont research shyt, they dont do skits. Maybe they just write the topics for the episode or something?

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Completely forgot this nikka had a revolt deal too that he walked from :dead:

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Listening to the Alex deal segment, it's obvious Joe doesnt realize his failings in business deals is because him and Ian are incompetent. He keeps alluding to not getting "those deals" because he is black. I know Ian be putting that nikka in a spin cycle behind closed doors. Im sure anytime Ian fukks up a deal because he doesnt know how to negotiate he tells joe they dont want to give a "black" that money, instead of saying it's his own incompetence.

What has Ian done exactly? He obviously doesnt cultivate shyt because he doesnt have anyone else popping. He trying to get that shyt with Rappaport off the ground. The Patreon shyt isnt anything new. Flagrant/Andrew Schulz been running that up for years, well before Joe did it, so that isnt a new concept Ian brought to the table either. It feels like Joe couldve bumped his head and ran most the podcast bts deal shyt himself. Seems like Joe/Peter Rosenberg helped with the concept of joe doing the podcast, so Ian doesnt get credit for that either.

Black pods like Gil(Gil's Arena), Cam/Mase, MDWoG have gotten big bags because they have ppl behind them that know how to negotiate and leverage their shyt. Gil broke down his contract and how he leveraged everything. Underdog even "leases" his channel and pays him for every subscriber. He even worked it into the deal where he can create new shows and Underdog will fully back them. When/if Shannon becomes a FA he will easily be getting the 20M+ a year deal from someone. Club Shay Shay + Night Caps are hits, and the former has lapped Joe a few times.

Flip mentioning WBD/NBA/Amazon he only said a few words but of course he got that all fukked up :dead:
From the way Joe/Ish asked what the deal was with WBD/NBA/Amazon, tells me they havent covered it on the pod. Im surprised because that is kinda big news and it seems like Joe especially would like to talk about a deal like that, how WBD fumbled, and the implications.
Conversely, this is what happens when you chat with Joe and Ian for business advice...

Last edited:

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Saying dipset broke Wayne is fuccking insanity

Unless they mean specifically in NY
I haven’t heard the context of this statement and they definitely did not break Wayne but for certain people, his affiliation with Dipset did help solidify his transition into being the “lyrical mixtape” artist.

Silkk

Daps
I haven’t heard the context of this statement and they definitely did not break Wayne but for certain people, his affiliation with Dipset did help solidify his transition into being the “lyrical mixtape” artist.
I know what you mean but I wouldn’t label NONE of them nikkas as “lyrical” anything.

I think dipset suck as rappers tbh :yeshrug:

But as far as style, flow, etc. yeah for sure

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
I know what you mean but I wouldn’t label NONE of them nikkas as “lyrical” anything.

I think dipset suck as rappers tbh :yeshrug:

But as far as style, flow, etc. yeah for sure

And all the blood shyt too

I dont remember wayne being on that shyt so heavy until he started fukking with Jim and them

It was either them or Mack 10

Silkk

Daps
And all the blood shyt too

I dont remember wayne being on that shyt so heavy until he started fukking with Jim and them

It was either them or Mack 10
Yeah he picked that up from whoever birdman did

lib123

All Star
Daps
Cam and Mase came and secured a major bag in less than a year.
Gil's arena got the basketball shyt on lock. in that time, actually like 2 years.
This the call her daddy girl's like 2nd major deal in that 4-5 year timespan. first was 60M/3yr. New one 125M/3yr.
Then you got shyt like Lebatard show making deals with HBO. Then they signed All The Smoke
Colin's the Volume(podcast production company/network) made a name for itself in that time. Apparently they valued at like 100M+.
Shannon came thru and snoopdogged the building.

Joe was hating hard as hell on CTG's network too when it first came. Said CTG stole the idea from him. Talking about how he had to go back running to iHeart because nobody else wanted him. Tried that lil slick shyt with nore and the ad money trying to cause a rift.

I was confused when I heard that as well. Not sure what the writers are doing. We know they dont research shyt, they dont do skits. Maybe they just write the topics for the episode or something?

I think Joe hasn’t taken a deal for a reason. Unlike those other pods, he’s built up an organic following over years and he makes good money from Patreon alone. I wouldn’t be surprised if those companies are trying to lowball him.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Everyday Struggle would be worth $30m a year today if managed right. What could have been...

More

Both him and Ak could have been earning something close to that if it got a network deal
It's still dumb that wasnt the first thing they did when Complex cancelled the show. They were pose to run it last year with Milagro, but it fell thru somehow and they havent made a peep about it since.

They both make enough money to fund the shyt themselves. Hell look what Cam did with IIWII and that was all his money.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I think Joe hasn’t taken a deal for a reason. Unlike those other pods, he’s built up an organic following over years and he makes good money from Patreon alone. I wouldn’t be surprised if those companies are trying to lowball him.
Joe has unrealistic expectations in what he wants out of a deal. He even in a roundabout way mentioned going to Spotify asking for Rogan type money. I think Joe also revealed Spotify offered him $20 million but it would be a 360 type deal where Spotify would get a piece of outside projects. Pretty damn good offer IMO. That would've gave Joe time and money to build the network up and to take care of his coworkers and keep together what he had.