The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I heard someone say that because Kendrick's life is so low key, a lot of Drake's lines did not land with them as they don't know who Whitney or Dave Free are or why they should care, like characters being introduced half way into a film
It's not just that, but kind of like Joe and the crew was saying some of Drake's lies just don't come off as believable since they seem so out of character. Kendrick's hit more because we've already seen Drake hide a kid so it's more believable that he'd have another kid hidden out there. We've seen Drake have a bunch of weird interactions with younger women so it's easier to make the leap into him being a pedo. Those allegations were out there before the beef so if someone goes to google to see why Kendrick is making those accusations there is some backing speculation at least.

There is absolutely nothing backing up that Kendrick's kid might be the GM of his record label or that Kendrick beat Whitney's ass. The closest to that last one is the story from 2014 that has only one person talking about it and was wiped off the internet before resurfacing.

On top of that outside the lies Kendrick just hit Drake with way more of a character breakdown, so even if you remove the gossip Kendrick just attacked him harder. Drake has rapped a bunch about popping bills, we see him on social media flaunting his bets, all the previously mentioned shyt about weird interactions with younger women, all the times Drake has been accused at going at women that were linked to people he had been cool with, the exposure of hiding Adonis, and a bunch more.

IAMDetroit

"Yall Nig*as"
Daps
Reppin
D
50 is a hyper capitalist. He was never a rappers rapper. So he's gonna sign with the person who has access to a certain kind of money.
According to the blind items Drake Puff and Fifty know about each other skeletons.
Somehow Lucien and Taz from TUG(Chris Stokes label) are connected. That's all I'll say on that.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Kendrick is hard as hell to battle. In part because he is so private so there isn't a lot of ammo. The other part is that Kendrick isn't hyper protective of his image. He's rapped previously about how he knocked his girl down. He's rapped about fukking a bunch of white women and how he can be a walking contradiction or hypocrite for being pro-black while also dabbling with gang banging. So even if you expose something on him it actually plays into the image he's cultivated of being an imperfect person.

Jigg

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Exactly, him dissing Pharrell and openly flaunting hip hop memorabilia is making Kendricks' point about him exploiting the culture

I’m really glad they took the time to hammer him for that. Drake made some awful decisions during this battle that exposed just how disconnected he is from this shyt.

“Come get his legacy out of my house” is wild flagrant for no reason. Who the fukk heard that line and was like “yeah fukk Pharrell!!”? Who the fukk has beef with PHARRELL?? Are you insane?

The supposed face of the rap game out here collecting hip hop memorabilia and rubbing it in the culture’s face like Martin Shkreli. Weird white boy shyt

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m really glad they took the time to hammer him for that. Drake made some awful decisions during this battle that exposed just how disconnected he is from this shyt.

“Come get his legacy out of my house” is wild flagrant for no reason. Who the fukk heard that line and was like “yeah fukk Pharrell!!”? Who the fukk has beef with PHARRELL?? Are you insane?

The supposed face of the rap game out here collecting hip hop memorabilia and rubbing it in the culture’s face like Martin Shkreli. Weird white boy shyt

Nah his Arrogance has lead to his downfall. Which happens to a lot of people who are on top.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i've never understood why aubrey thought this was a flex. how you pay markup x3 for shyt that someone else was giving away, then pop shyt like you took it by force? you're a comic book collector.