The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Ish such a fukking loser man. Doesn't even like the BEAT. Pure hater shyt. Pretending he's not following the crowd. nikka you live in New York and are a Cowboys fan, fukkouttahere.
Cowboys and Lakers fan :dead:

Edit: already been said lmaoo

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This was the type of hating ass shyt Joe was on tho the whole pod. He wants Drake to lose and lose bad so he had all these moving the goal post points.
Not at all, from a writers perspective its weird. Your brain correlates one line into the next, flaunting your genitals and then mentioning kids in the very next breath is odd placement. At the very least it gives ammo or casts doubt that can open you up for your opponent to take advantage of.

Yall are taking sides but not analyzing the music, theres a game within the game, Joe understands that. Yeah you can root for your favorite boxer but its another thing when you are able to understand how they trained for the fight, their tactics, their tendencies, etc. The untrained eye just sees punching but others see the nuances within it. A lot of this posturing on the Drake side is lazy and simple minded. Take a more sophisticated lens and see how he misstepped.

Swing

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not at all, from a writers perspective its weird. Your brain correlates one line into the next, flaunting your genitals and then mentioning kids in the very next breath is odd placement. At the very least it gives ammo or casts doubt that can open you up for your opponent to take advantage of.

Yall are taking sides but not analyzing the music, theres a game within the game, Joe understands that. Yeah you can root for your favorite boxer but its another thing when you are able to understand how they trained for the fight, their tactics, their tendencies, etc. The untrained eye just sees punching but others see the nuances within it. A lot of this posturing on the Drake side is lazy and simple minded. Take a more sophisticated lens and see how he misstepped.

Joe Budden: ”We want the lies!!! Give us lies that sound good!!!” (On Kendricks angles)

Joe Budden: ”Why is Drake disrespecting Pharell?”

Its a battle my boy, nikkas gon say wild shyt, stop moving the goal post. And since all these dudes getting at him he’s entitled to get at everyone and anyone.

You dont see his bias and that he’s reaching and reveling in whats going on? Joe wishes deep down inside that he would have been the guy that would have tarnished Drakes name. He failed and is now dikkriding something crazy.

Edit. Im a Drake fan and I think Kendrick is up if something crazy doesnt happen. Meet The Grahams is vicious and the best track from Kendrick.

Last edited:

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
All OVO stans regurgitate the exact same talking points to a tee it's actually amazing.

The amount of them that are now saying Drake was never going to win and he was in a lose lose after he got that ass beat is astounding.
Not a single one of them said that when Push Ups and Taylor Made were the only pieces on the board. NOT ONE.

Giddy as fukk saying Kendrick threw rocks and hid his hand.
Only half way through and of course Ish on that bullshyt

They would never allow that defense if the roles were reversed.
Tired of that premade excuse bullshyt.

You see this is the type of shyt I'm talking about below from a different thread just posted

I will say this, nikkas hate Drake already so, they where already planning on being disingenuous and not objective about the whole battle. Ready to believe Nonce rumours about Drake yet Kdot is alleged to have beat a hooker but somehow won't extend that to him beating his wife supposedly. Also I'm saying this as someone who was disappointed "yall" allowed him to flourish after Meek exposed him and Pusha smoked him.

No matter what Drake was always going to lose as this was more of a battle of Kendrick having goodwill and Drake having hate heat.

Breh you cool I don't know if you even like Drake like that, but this has just been parroted by every Drake fan and it stinks.

Cause that was never their vantage point when this all kicked off.

Last edited:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
You see this is the type of shyt I'm talking about below from a different thread just posted

Breh you cool I don't know if you even like Drake like that, but this has just been parroted by every Drake fan and it stinks.
Im indifferent to both so I can be objective enough to say Meet the Graham's is the most scathing diss and, a clear nuke dampened by the heart part 6 but the damage is too great to come back from. Drake would need to pull off the mother of a comebacks from here.

At the same time I can hold my opinion which you quoted and isn't farfetched to say Drake gets a lot of hate. There's threads on here deriding him all the time and couple that going against Kendrick who has goodwill, it was an uphill battle.

But all this comes with hindsight once the dust has settled.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Im indifferent to both so I can be objective enough to say Meet the Graham's is the most scathing diss and, a clear nuke dampened by the heart part 6 but the damage is too great to come back from. Drake would need to pull off the mother of a comebacks from here.

At the same time I can hold my opinion which you quoted and isn't farfetched to say Drake gets a lot of hate. There's threads on here deriding him all the time and couple that going against Kendrick who has goodwill, it was an uphill battle.

But all this comes with hindsight once the dust has settled.

To say he literally couldn't win is the farfetched thing.
This battle could have very easily took a different turn if Family Matters didn't get immediately stepped on.

Drake is the biggest rapper in the world, so the love obviously outweighs any hate he has.
Fans acting like he The Game or someone like that.

If Kendrick would have lost, do you think people would allow his fans to say Drake is the bigger artist, has the bigger machine behind him so he was never going to win?
Just seems like a cop out to me :yeshrug:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Joe Budden: ”We want the lies!!! Give us lies that sound good!!!” (On Kendricks angles)

Joe Budden: ”Why is Drake disrespecting Pharell?”

Its a battle my boy, nikkas gon say wild shyt, stop moving the goal post. And since all these dudes getting at him he’s entitled to get at everyone and anyone.

You dont see his bias and that he’s reaching and reveling in whats going on? Joe wishes deep down inside that he would have been the guy that would have tarnished Drakes name. He failed and is now dikkriding something crazy.

Edit. Im a Drake fan and I think Kendrick is up if something crazy doesnt happen. Meet The Grahams is vicious and the best track from Kendrick.
That's irrelevant

There's not a soul whose unbiased who doesn't have kendrick up, so he has to analyze it from that unbiased fan's ear as well as his own. He's explaining specifically WHY the masses have him up.

Analyzing character and the plausibility of the lies is part of the beef. So is the writing. It is what it is. The consensus is that drake came in hard with family matters which Joe said, but then kendrick shifted the momentum with an impactful record, lies or not, and then walked away with an indisputable victory in not like us, and he's just explaining the missteps along the way. It is what it is.