The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Skillz is as nice as Joe is as far as rapping. Sure we can argue that Joe knew how to structure a more mainstream sound and had more front of the house mainstream success.

But we not going to act like Skillz is some bum and doesn't have bars because he was an underground artist who farmed out his pen.

understanding song structure and making music that resonates is part of rapping. it's the same thing that separated joe's career from some of the people he was barring to death back in the day. he was never on their level overall. and skillz was never on joe's outside of lyrical ability/potential.

doesn't make skillz a bum. but there are levels. also, arguing that joe of all people knew how to structure a more mainstream sound, given the engineering on his post-def jam albums, is :russ:. joe's biggest mainstream moments -- outside of pump it up/fire -- were for rapping his ass off on mixtapes, battling on wax, being WAY ahead of the curve when it came to building his brand via youtube + blogging, and occasionally stumbling onto a decent-to-good single...

aka, doing what he and skillz are both known for, but doing it a lot better.

joe is right imo. :yeshrug:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Skillz woud bar the sh*t out of Joe, the problem is, Skillz could never win in the court of public opinion.

That and the problem also is he could never outbar Joe lol.

I never heard a Skillz verse that made niccas go "he smoked that shyt" or "run that back" lol. Joe had Ghost, Free, Beans & Styles up at Shade45 wit da screw face & that's just one instance lol.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What's early predictions on j. Cole convo. I think Ice may not go in on J. Cole. Obviously Joe going viral

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
There Ice go again making it a point that he got special knowledge, talking about how he spoke to Push and asked about how many layers he had in the Drake beef. But he ain't gone repeat cause it's confidential information lol.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
There Ice go again making it a point that he got special knowledge, talking about how he spoke to Push and asked about how many layers he had in the Drake beef. But he ain't gone repeat cause it's confidential information lol.

Will “mr. nothing bothers me..this the internet”ICE, take his L for dying his beard jet black..then changing it like a week later after he was getting roasted by everybody

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Wonder if this dude Chyna Brim going at Flip with Flip in the chat comes up on the show. I timestamped where he really start going at Flip.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Did you watch the whole thing? Flip came on video at the end and looks like they worked whatever that was out.
Just finished it. Props to Flip for sure. Chyna Mack (I think that's his name) just be talking reckless trying to come up by any means.