The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
I didnt realize Flip said RIP to Bruce and Brandon Lee on the Black Women vs Gay Dudes topic, as a shot at Mel's beef with Jason Lee (Gay dude) :mjlol:

The joke was wack. But yea Jason Lee has dragged Mel before so I wonder why she didn't address it. Also the other co-host from that show they were on said she was a bytch too.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
That gossip show Shannon has doesn't have it's own brand. That shyt is gonna go right up under the brand Shannon has already built via his football career and his cable network gigs. Ppl know Shannon mostly from ESPN not that show with Ocho and THAT is why Joe said he needs to be careful and conscious and THAT'S. A. FACT.

Ain't nothing virtue signaling telling a Black man with a platform to be conscious of his words regarding women(particularly other celebs) because it can come back to haunt you. Joe's hypocrisy doesn't change that. Now if he doesn't care and is CHANGING his brand that's something else entirely. Either way your words can always be brought back from dead via the internet. Ppl need to remember that.
It’s really pointless for someone of his stature to do this kind of show lol

There are already a million “read the latest hip hop gossip and react” YouTube shows and podcasts

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
That gossip show Shannon has doesn't have it's own brand.
It does. Shannon runs club shay shay, which has over a million subs.
Night cap was started like 2 months ago, a damn near new channel and has over 350k subs
Shannon owns both those shows. Club Shay Shay/Night Cap are big brands for Shannon. This is why it was a huge shocker Shannon still had it after leaving Fox.

Ppl know Shannon mostly from ESPN not that show with Ocho and THAT is why Joe said he needs to be careful and conscious and THAT'S. A. FACT.
Ppl know shannon from Undisputed on FOX, not ESPN.

Edit: Club Shay Shay has more youtube subs than Joe's Channel and it hasnt been around nearly as long as Joe's :mjlol:
I would say that's a brand of it's own.

Last edited:

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The joke was wack. But yea Jason Lee has dragged Mel before so I wonder why she didn't address it. Also the other co-host from that show they were on said she was a bytch too.

Every "drag" doesn't warrant a response. Mel seems to be non-confrontational by nature so I think she just wants to stay above the fray and avoid a public back and forth.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
For once I agree with you minus dragging the woman who ain't said shyt.

It depends on your brand. If you're Michael B Jordan, it's an issue, if you're Joe it's almost irrelevant.

And what is exactly is that gonna do?? Them allegations done resurfaced so many times in the last few years and it's done little to nothing to Joe Budden or the pod. His friend breakup did more damage than his abuse allegations.

I'm not saying he can't be cancelled but his fanbase(as niche as it may be) is locked in.

Ohhhhhh this is the show Ocho was doing when he got dragged over the Keith Lee shyt(and had to apologize later).
I’m not saying cancel Joe, the last thing I’d want. I’m saying that, for the sake of takes, he might need to be reminded about his own fukkery

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
It does. Shannon runs club shay shay, which has over a million subs.
Night cap was started like 2 months ago, a damn near new channel and has over 350k subs
Shannon owns both those shows. Club Shay Shay/Night Cap are big brands for Shannon. This is why it was a huge shocker Shannon still had it after leaving Fox.

Ppl know shannon from Undisputed on FOX, not ESPN.

Edit: Club Shay Shay has more youtube subs than Joe's Channel and it hasnt been around nearly as long as Joe's :mjlol:
I would say that's a brand of it's own.
The majority of ppl on this planet who know of Shannon Sharpe know him from cable/network TV, whether it's Fox, ABC, BET, ESPN, or whatever. That Club Shay Shay and Nightcap shyt is some new shyt that he has followers for BECAUSE OF HIS MAINSTREAM WORK not the other way around and thusly changes nothing that I've said.

No one ever said Joe was more popular or had more subs than Shannon so that's irrelevant. Moving on.
Every "drag" doesn't warrant a response. Mel seems to be non-confrontational by nature so I think she just wants to stay above the fray and avoid a public back and forth.
Meh. Mel is passive aggressive and there is a difference. And I didn't say she needed to get in a back and forth, but she basically lied about never having a problem with a Black gay man. She didn't have to get into it but why say she's ONLY had good experiences?? Very weird.
I’m not saying cancel Joe, the last thing I’d want. I’m saying that, for the sake of takes, he might need to be reminded about his own fukkery
I mean sure but has that ever really changed his phoniness?? Not really.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The majority of ppl on this planet who know of Shannon Sharpe know him from cable/network TV, whether it's Fox, ABC, BET, ESPN, or whatever. That Club Shay Shay and Nightcap shyt is some new shyt that he has followers for BECAUSE OF HIS MAINSTREAM WORK not the other way around and thusly changes nothing that I've said.

No one ever said Joe was more popular or had more subs than Shannon so that's irrelevant. Moving on.
You said this:
That gossip show Shannon has doesn't have it's own brand.
Club Shay Shay and Night cap are their own brand separate from his gigs on tv which is also why he is more "loose" on there and can be himself.
Club Shay Shay isnt new, it's been around for almost 4 years. The numbers for Club Shay is relevant because it having more subs than Joe's channel speaks to it being a big brand.

Yall keep trying to talk on a brand yall obviously know nothing about. I never said more ppl knew Shannon for the youtube shows than the tv shows. Im saying acting like his Shay Shay brands are nothing is dumb. There's obviously something different there between other ppl liek SAS, Skip etc who have been on these same shows longer than him, havent been able to get their off tv show brands (Seperate from the tv shows) as popping.

Joe trying to give brand image advice to someone like Shannon and trying to "lil bro" him is insane because Shannon moves more careful and plays the media game better than Joe.

The clean cut Shannon image on Undisputed/First Take is different from the image he has on Club Shay Shay/Nightcap. On the later he asking about asking Brittany Renner about her body count and saying he wants to fukk Miss B Nasty.

Edit: Actually, kill this convo. Idk what point you trying to make about Shannons Brand (it seems obvious you dont actually watch his shows) and you wont convince me Joe is right in this scenario (Joe doesnt know anything about Shannon's brand either) and I dont care about trying to convince you of anything. Let's agree to disagree. :manny:

Last edited: