The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
tax dikkriding drake is kinda nasty
What the fukk happened the love though

Drake has been dominating pop music in 3 different decades. Why wouldn’t a dude from his generation show respect?

dikkriding is a term invented for brehs to hate on brehs. We can’t even fukk with our own with our own calling us dikkriders. :snoop:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Joe was flaw for that Tasha K shyt that’s why he tucked that interview.

What’s wrong with that post. Kendrick and Cole are not Drake no matter how people link them.

Kendrick last album had no impact, no discussion and faded everywhere. Kendrick hasn’t had any buzz since DAMN.

He remixed a Beyoncé song and it flopped.

No matter how many people claim Drake albums are mid they get played nonstop. Everyone will call CLB trash but it’s one of the most streamed album in 2023 and it dropped 2 years ago

He’s not dikkriding. Joe isn’t even Dillion Brooks talking to Bron.

Joe is the last nikka to tell a rapper what they should be doing

Family Ties was a smash, my friend. Ain't no need to lie to save your boy Aubrey.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
IMG-7621.png

IMG-7622.png

IMG-7623.png

IMG-7624.png

IMG-7625.png

IMG-7626.png

IMG-7628.png

IMG-7629.png

Shout out to Tax lol!

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Waiting too long on top of the content of this album having no replay value.
I also wonder how much the TDE not really pushing this album that much played a role. I know TDE mad as hell Kendrick dropped an album like this as his last album on their label.

TDE doesn't push anything for their big artists, beyond typical management shyt (interviews, radio contacts, etc). Interscope pushes the button. And Punch said they didn't hear the album until days before release, so they were completely out the loop. The problem is Kendrick didn't drop the album people wanted or expected. In hindsight I feel like I should have known. Last TDE album...he was always gonna give them something difficult to handle. And whenever his full pgLang album drops I'd expect it to be far more accessible and easy to sell.

All that being said breh still went plat and grossed 100mil+ on the tour. Interscope isn't mad which is what matters. My concern is this upcoming collab album. There's such a clear demand for rap shyt right now, and I simply don't get the impression he's gonna fill that hole. It'll be more meme raps and trivial shyt with Keem, bet on it. Over hard beats, too. I assume Cole is dropping soon. If Cole drops his typical lyrical miracle shyt and Kendrick comes at us with some top of the morning shyt again...I might take a vacation brehs. I can only defend my guy so much lol.

It's funny, Drake and Kendrick leaning into Kanye shyt but at different ends of the spectrum. Drake on the egotistical weirdo rant shyt with cokehead vibes. Kendrick on the non-lyrical melody stunt raps. But neither are pulling it off.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I'm watching Akademik's stream, its cool when he isn't an drunk idiot. I didn't know Drake was supposed to call in on Ak's show for the album but he called Kai Cenat instead (I wonder if that's why Joe mentioned him). Ak is a stan so he isn't going to say it in a malicious way, but he discussed how the choice Drake is making/made by trying to appeal to the the youth isn't going to make them love him more than who they're currently listening to.