The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Clown move to have that coach on…he’s a con artist who tries to spin everything to play the victim….but in a “I’m not mad, they gonna learn one day that my plan was to uplift the community” way

And the whole laugh and say “this guys good” reaction they were giving to every answer he gave was a joke…flip was the only one who wasn’t really feeding into it, but he isn’t educated enough on the topic to follow up

He’s condescending and thinks he knows more than anybody in the room

Actually, I guess it makes sense Joe wanted to interview him :mjlol:
I was about so say that sounds exactly like Joe. “The reason I signed you to that bad contract is to teach you a lesson about the music business and how shady it is” ass nikka.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not an original JBP fan like yall bit this Halle Berry discussion is so forced. Maybe that's his brand but it’s bad podcasting.
It seemed like they were trying to hunt for a viral clip with Mel on some gender wars stuff. On top of a very slow news week.

I think this is the problem with the current setup of the pod, they have to dig for current topics and that takes away the entertainment value from guys like Flip and Ish who may not be aware or versed in some of the news

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I think this is the problem with the current setup of the pod, they have to dig for current topics and that takes away the entertainment value from guys like Flip and Ish who may not be aware or versed in some of the news
I think a lot of that shyt is organization. Like if they had a real preproduction meeting that had real topics beforehand it would be better. You can tell some shyt just drags on and be so forced because they just trying to fill time. Like they have easy layups for filler if they took TV watching seriously. That's an easy 20-30 minute they could fill. When Savon was there, this scattershot stuff wouldnt be going on. You could tell Savon on them tight on stuff in the pre pro meetings and on time spent on a topic during a the discussion.
I was about so say that sounds exactly like Joe. “The reason I signed you to that bad contract is to teach you a lesson about the music business and how shady it is” ass nikka.
Joe: "It's better I take advantage of you than some stranger. I don't hear a "thank you" from you for giving you this lesson :steviej: "

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It seemed like they were trying to hunt for a viral clip with Mel on some gender wars stuff. On top of a very slow news week.

A large part of the blame goes to fans IMO. So many just want long pods no matter what. I personally prefer shorter and tighter and let it come to a natural end when there is nothing to talk about. However anytime Joe drops a shorter pod you see people on Twitter and Reddit bytching about it which leads to the JBP stretching topics or talking just to talk to eat up time and deliver a longer pod.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
gonna be worse when the album drop

Actual music is one thing. A "not even the single art" picture that got made on a throwaway IG post is another thing lol. Deserved like 45 secs at most. Ironically enough, it's the same shyt Joe would usually tell the group to hit the "blinker" on or to stop on unpacking if it was anybody other than Drake lol