The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
nikkas stopped naming songs after push it , shoop and that whatta man track :mjlol:
I would've been able to add on Let's Talk About Sex and My Mic Sound Nice and I was done after that lol. I ain't a Migos fan but no their effect on the game and have no problem with them being ranked over a lot of old school groups.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Migos over Wu? :what:Punch that ngga Joe in the eye again.
Wu tang was never relevant in the south.

There’s a lot of migos hate in the thread on the list but when I ask people why Migos should not be a top group no one ever responds

• Dap
Reactions: s@n

s@n

All Star
Daps
Wu tang was never relevant in the south.

There’s a lot of migos hate in the thread on the list but when I ask people why Migos should not be a top group no one ever responds

you can go to a site like whatsong that tracks artist song usage across film and tv. Salt and Peppa have 4 or 5 songs that have been used dozens if not over a hundred times, across genre and time. The Migos have 14 songs used, but only once or twice max. It's a very rough indicator, but interesting to look at.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:rudy: wu tang is worldwide

some southern cats got on some revisionist history shyt once the south got a serious foothold in the game…so now it’s we “never” fukked with rapper/groups X, Y, Z from NYC :heh:

it was very gracious of outkast to feature a “non-relevant” NY artist in the south on their track

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
the "name 5 songs" tactic be exposing the shyt outta these arguments

nikkas get to juelzing like shyt ...just name 5 records :russ:
Especially when they know they can easily name 5 of the other side lol.

Ish talking about turn on Illadelphia & he can quote it front to back. Niccas was tryna Leveon Bell his way outta that argument :mjlol:

Don't care if you feel that way but you not finna "I was outside" your way out of it

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Salt N Pepa DEFINITELY belongs in the top 10 of best rap groups, idgaf what Joe and them are talking about. Idc if ppl put Migos there but low key shytting on S n P was wack af. Pretending that them ladies weren't at the forefront of discussing safe sex during the height of the AIDS crisis, that their success in mainstream didn't help open doors and that their album Very Necessary wasn't a transition point in the trajectory of female is ludicrous.

We're talking about a group that had the highest selling rap album by a female act at one point. They need to stop.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
Salt N Pepa DEFINITELY belongs in the top 10 of best rap groups, idgaf what Joe and them are talking about. Idc if ppl put Migos there but low key shytting on S n P was wack af. Pretending that them ladies weren't at the forefront of discussing safe sex during the height of the AIDS crisis, that their success in mainstream didn't help open doors and that their album Very Necessary wasn't a transition point in the trajectory of female is ludicrous.

We're talking about a group that had the highest selling rap album by a female act at one point. They need to stop.
How old are you

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
:patrice:
Never really liked Avant and I wanted to take Jaheim in a Verzuz, but I think Joe convinced me with most of the tracks he played.

Jaheim hardly has a handful of true bangers but Diamond in Da Ruff = :banderas: