The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It's so weird with her. Like sometimes I see where she's trying to go, but she never articulates herself in a way the proves her point. The Kelis convo was just so strange. I actually hate when women get on these pods and debate like this, it's just makes them look stupid.
She’s likely just playing her role. I’m sure of it actually. I feel like a lot of you don’t really understand how much production goes into a successful podcast.

People often have to play devils advocate for the sake of conversation to create the discourse/conflict. The idea is that the audience at home will side with one of the two and argue along. It’s audio engagement that keeps listeners coming back..

I can’t speak on JBP personally but I’ve been around the production of enough of these things to spot when it’s happening. Mel is there to give the women POV, and she’ll often polarize what the guys are saying purposely. It’s a concept as old as day. You can tell by her weak ass pointe that even she didn’t believe the bullshyt of kelis being with homie because he’s funny. Don’t fool yourselves into getting worked up brehs

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
She’s likely just playing her role. I’m sure of it actually. I feel like a lot of you don’t really understand how much production goes into a successful podcast.

People often have to play devils advocate for the sake of conversation to create the discourse/conflict. The idea is that the audience at home will side with one of the two and argue along. It’s audio engagement that keeps listeners coming back..

I can’t speak on JBP personally but I’ve been around the production of enough of these things to spot when it’s happening. Mel is there to give the women POV, and she’ll often polarize what the guys are saying purposely. It’s a concept as old as day. You can tell by her weak ass pointe that even she didn’t believe the bullshyt of kelis being with homie because he’s funny. Don’t fool yourselves into getting worked up brehs

I'm aware of how much production goes into podding and I know JBP are consistently "playing Devil's advocate" for content(even though that's not really where they're most entertaining) but Mel's opinions are like non opinions. They're like the assumption of what they think the female's perspective would be, which is corny.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I'm aware of how much production goes into podding and I know JBP are consistently "playing Devil's advocate" for content(even though that's not really where they're most entertaining) but Mel's opinions are like non opinions. They're like the assumption of what they think the female's perspective would be, which is corny.
Now this I agree with

She also made the mistake of admitting to doing it for the sake of podding. I wanna say it was the episode after they had voiced their opinions on the Jonathan Majors controversy.

You never admit to trolling your audience for the sake of talking points and she did just that.. this is why you have to respect a fool like skip bayless. Even when it’s clear he’s bullshytting, he’ll die on that hill before he openly admits it

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Maybe, I just think it’s dope to see how their friendship has progressed :manny:
Oh well I can see that. He doesn't seem as weird around her. This skit is just so cringe. It's like very dated internet humor.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Melissa Ford protector of the realm and all the hoes in the world ✊

She's so trash when it comes to the thotness topic:mjlol:
She really fits in the crew with her wack takes, everyone is all the way wrong and right often, good balance :hubie:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Mal and Bron bein eskimo bros is hilarious

You know Mal one of em weird ass nikkas if he popped a chick and found out a body hed brag about another man havin that same pumpum :scust:

"Yea me an Julz used to kick it. She good peoples. She been wit Bron, ______, ______, mad other cool ass nikkas man" :mjlol::scust: