The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in terms of pop/mainstream artists of all generations?

MJ
Beyonce
Prince
The Beatles
Drake*

some might argue Elvis before Drake (in terms of mainstream visibility etc), but outside of the first 4 i think Drake could be argued against a lot of the other choices imo

cuz is not a talent based convo imo, its more so about generational impact on culture and/or the music and sound of the time, how ubiquitous they are and shyt like that

If you going off numbers, then Mariah Carey, Eminem, Michael Jackson, and the Beatles are probably his peers.

He’s clearly the king of this new streaming era. I don’t know how that translates into hard sells

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps

MJ
Beyonce
Prince
The Beatles
Drake*

some might argue Elvis before Drake (in terms of mainstream visibility etc), but outside of the first 4 i think Drake could be argued against a lot of the other choices imo

cuz is not a talent based convo imo, its more so about generational impact on culture and/or the music and sound of the time, how ubiquitous they are and shyt like that
I wouldn’t put Drake before Kanye, 2Pac, Jay-Z, Em, and you can argue Wayne either way.

If you putting Elvis over him because of mainstream visibility then i’d say you gotta put Madonna & Snoop before him too

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MJ
Beyonce
Prince
The Beatles
Drake*

I'm not gonna lie, this list reads like a "one of these things is not like the other one" riddle.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This stupid shyt is lingering like a breakup nobody is over. R&M need the beef publicity and Joe is thirsty for it. And at the end if it, there's no actual payoff. Everybody goofy.
I think Joe been moved on. Same with Rory…it’s just Mal who always brings it up.

Especially with this situation, Mal was the one who was talking shyt first..

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He’s in the conversation. Rap is not built for someone to dominate this long

All the other artist brought up would not have the same degree of difficulty as a rapper in the 10s
Elaborate on the 2nd part…

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Elaborate on the 2nd part…
There’s a lot more competition for our time in and out of music when it comes to entertainment options

Pre current times everyone was consuming the same entertainment from the same outlets