The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
It's obvious Rory still wish he was on JBP and still feel ways about it. That fake laugh can't hide the pain. What's interesting is if roles/friendships were reversed with the standing Rory and Mal had wit Joe, like if Rory was REALLY Joe man like Mal was (Joe was offended Mal chose the white boi side and left) and vice versa, does anyone actually think Rory would leave the pod and rock wit Mal? He would be on that sly cac shyt like Parks and watch Mal leave. Throw some slick shots as adlibs later too.
:mjlol:That's exactly what I been stated about the situation. Rory don't really fukk with Mal like that. Rory was fine with his "punishment" and didn't want Mal to escalate it to where they got kicked off. Rory is on record saying Joe was right about paying them more than they deserved. I 100% agree if the shoe was on the other foot, Rory woulda let Mal bounce dolo.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
stick a fork in this shyt :mjlol:

Joe won :wow:

What a perfect clip that explains why these dudes are a year away from not having a podcast anymore. On one hand you have Rory trying his hardest but being completely unfunny. On the other hand you have Mal just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. Say what you will about Rory but he's wide open waving his arms yelling for the ball, ready to score. Even funnier you know who would have thrown him a good lob and assisted a funny exchange on this? Joe lmao. Rory can be funny, he just needs to be set up for it. Not gonna happen with Mal.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
stick a fork in this shyt :mjlol:

Joe won :wow:

Goddamn, I forgot how horribly annoying and fake Rory’s laugh always is. He’s still not over the breakup either, it seems.

Budden’s interview on Akademiks’ podcast wasn’t bad at all btw. Ak is always pretty good with getting some answers and sticking with the actual story in those instances. It’s split into 3 parts.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:mjlol:That's exactly what I been stated about the situation. Rory don't really fukk with Mal like that. Rory was fine with his "punishment" and didn't want Mal to escalate it to where they got kicked off. Rory is on record saying Joe was right about paying them more than they deserved. I 100% agree if the shoe was on the other foot, Rory woulda let Mal bounce dolo.
It's obvious people were not watching the show when all this stuff with Rory was happening...it was BLATANT. RORY brought this on himself by playing with Joe. I can tell because I was saying for MONTHS that Rory's energy was dragging the show down with his personal drama and constant depression.

Rory legit threatened to fight Joe SEVERAL times on the show and Joe was like...yo fam stop playing like you being serious right now.

Joe made the right move and it shows.

They got this chance and are blowing it. They couldn't even ride their little wave properly. They thought they were lit or brought something to the show. Guess not....

Last edited:

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
People were not watching the show. I can tell because I was saying for MONTHS that Rory's energy was dragging the show down with his personal drama and constant depression.

Rory legit threatened to fight Joe SEVERAL times on the show and Joe was like...yo fam stop playing like you being serious right now.

Joe made the right move and it shows.

They got this chance and are blowing it. They couldn't even ride their little wave properly. They thought they were lit or brought something to the show. Guess not....
Rory was not the only problem before the end. Mal checked out but so did Joe. Joe was 100% dealing topics and getting increasingly irate because Charlemagne baited him into starting an entire network. And while I’m sure Joe wanted Rory gone, he 100% was blindsided that Mal was willing to side with him.

I think Rory is terrible on the new pod and that Joe was right about him leaving (too industry, passive and seemed depressed), but to say that Rory was the only one that made the pod shyt is plain-wrong. You could even go back and see people comment on how Joe was fukking shyt up because he desperately wanted to go viral by telling about something he barely understands.

At the end of the day, the three of them were better together than apart. But they’re not mending that. Well, Joe and Rory, because Rory seems like he would. Mal, I can say a lot about the dumb shyt he would/still says, but I won’t deny that he showed some gumption for standing up for something he believed was wrong.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Rory was not the only problem before the end.
Yes. He was.

I need to find the post I made in here about it.

Rory's energy was SUPER fukked up and dragging shyt down. COVID just pushed them over the edge doing Zoom podcasts.

Listen, bench role players gotta know their role. PARKS knew what was up and he never got too big headed. Rory thought he was bigger than the movement and not to mention lying about the Akademiks shyt didn't help either.

People in the comments were saying Rory was being a buzzkill too. Mal just gambled wrong. He knows damn well he'd be thriving with Joe's current show right now.

Joe continues to bring in money to the show and the platform and he's doing well. People gotta stop trying to make this shyt into something THEY want.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
At the end of the day, the three of them were better together than apart. But they’re not mending that. Well, Joe and Rory, because Rory seems like he would. Mal, I can say a lot about the dumb shyt he would/still says, but I won’t deny that he showed some gumption for standing up for something he believed was wrong.
I dont think it's gumption on Mal's end,I think it's pride :manny:

Funny thing is Rory and Joe were cool and going to concerts and shyt together last yearish. Joe was on some random pod andlet it slip that Rory called him about some random backpack rapper and they met up to go there. I posted it in this thread. So this coming from Rory seems weird, cuz he obviously wants to be friends with Joe again.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I dont think it's gumption on Mal's end,I think it's pride :manny:

Funny thing is Rory and Joe were cool and going to concerts and shyt together last yearish. Joe was on some random pod andlet it slip that Rory called him about some random backpack rapper and they met up to go there. I posted it in this thread. So this coming from Rory seems weird, cuz he obviously wants to be friends with Joe again.
Rory can't admit he fukked up because he was trying to say Joe robbed them and shyt. Rory and Mal knows they weren't robbed either especially knowing damn well they cant say what they didn't get.

Now that people see how the new cast is acting, that Joe ain't a bad business guy as he's made out to sound.

Plus, look at how everyone else is struggling. I can legit not even seeing Brilliant Idiots lasting that long either. And Joe was right about Spotify failing with podcasts and he was also right about these newcomers failing because the money dried up and unqualified people were taking deals. Joe was right about these shows that only have guests on too...STRUGGLING for content. See, Joe is proving his initial point...a lot of these competitors dont even have enough entertainment or insight to be valuable INDEPENDENTLY. Thats why they gotta go do skits and random hot takes or try and get clout from studio visits and snippets etc. Just nasty work.

Joe. Was. Right. ...except he yells too much and yall think he's toxic so yall missed the point.

At some point a guy with this much success demands his critics to re-evaluate their initial takes and admit they were not only wrong, but completely misguided about what type of guy Joe is and how he moves.

Do yall think Ian and Parks (THE WHITE BOYS) would have left Joe if he was really moving that poorly? I mean...think about this...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Correction: Mal doesn't fukk with Rory like that. Mal feels like he brought swagger to the show, which he did, but he bet on the wrong horse with Rory's dry ass personality and is obviously aware that Joe was right about Rory to some extent but his pride wont let him admit that.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
You could tell Joe knew they would fail by the way he handled it. He knew they couldn't carry this shyt and it proves what he was saying all along about being proper cohosts and having their own external motion and ability to roll with the punches.
Yea, iirc he implied he could contractually shut all that new pod shyt they were doing if he wanted to, but he let them live

Do yall think Ian and Parks (THE WHITE BOYS) would have left Joe if he was really moving that poorly? I mean...think about this...
I imagine if anyone is gonna have their stuff straight contractually it would be them. Ian see's all of Joe's money. Parks is used to contracts and running a business so knows to keep everything air tight.

Rory can't admit he fukked up because he was trying to say Joe robbed them and shyt. Rory and Mal knows they weren't robbed either especially knowing damn well they cant say what they didn't get.

Joe. Was. Right. ...except he yells too much and yall think he's toxic so yall missed the point.
Who yall? Ive sided with Joe on a bunch of shyt, including the Rory/Mal split. A lot of shyt wasnt adding up on their end. Rory saying "They gave me my stuff on an excel spreadsheet" told me he not a business person, because businesses still use excel. The fact that they kept dancing around the 400k missing stuff, but that never led to saying "That 400k gave us X more that we were owed" because they just wantd the 400k headline out there.