The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
i aint mad at a Joe and friends angle moving forward

Mal jumped the shark a long long time ago and Rory...whatever :manny:

but he gotta let the situation breathe...2 long ass rants about this shyt is enough

and maybe stop shytting on the fans..that might help

Last edited:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Rory or Mal will be back. More than likely Rory. Mal, for some reason never seemed to like having to pod. I'm still not sure what Mal does.

Maybe both come back. But I feel Rory will come back.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

On this episode: Joe discusses the internet backlash the pod has received (10:58), what he has tried to respect (12:52), how he talks to people (43:15), and not knowing how to let go (57:02). The guys review new music releases (1:08:10) including Rod Wave, Vic Mensa, Gallant (1:14:15), and Elhae feat. Masego (1:23:55) and ask if hip hop is unconventional (1:29:32). They recap Cassidy vs. Hitman Holla’s intense battle rap face off (1:40:05), Issa Rae’s new five-year, eight-figure deal with WarnerMedia (1:40:05), and Snowfall **SPOILER ALERT** (2:02:27). DaniLeigh’s mental health updates (2:06:43), women empowerment (2:09:03), Derrick Jaxn (2:12:22), and MORE!

So he spends ANOTHER hour talking about the Mal/Rory "beef". And he talks about someone's else's money AGAIN with the Issa Rae topic :mjtf:

Yeah, I might have to start skimming through episodes.

Damn shame how this podcast fell off.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I think Rory or Mal will be back. More than likely Rory. Mal, for some reason never seemed to like having to pod. I'm still not sure what Mal does.

Maybe both come back. But I feel Rory will come back.

I think Rory will be. For what it's worth he still has the Pod in his Twitter bio.

Mal might be gone though, from what we know it seems him and Joe really got into it.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I’m glad Joe went a little more in depth about the Spotify deal. I was thinking to myself I doubt Spotify off the rip came with a deal wanting a percentage of everything.

They initially offered a $10 million deal for audio only and Joe said that made him lose sleep at first. He didn’t say the length of the deal but I’m thinking it was 2 years, similar to the 1st deal he signed.

Even with the Spotify shyt to the side, he still hasn’t really gone into detail about the Triller offer, which makes him look bad in light of them talking about Swizz/Timbaland selling Verzuz and everybody involved eating off that.
this is the real trigger issue...

they found out about that deal while podding, he never told them about it and then laughed about running from the offer. up until that reveal nobody was really feeling anything. now imagine hearing joe say that in the middle of a pod then him talking about what swizz did for his team and bringing that deal up again. it would sting

rory however has been on edge for a while due to personal reasons and it was making him rather annoying.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
1. Park's was smart enough not to talk business directly with joe's dumbass who'll say some passive shyt and make u wanna steal off on him, naive mistake on Mal/Rory's part, Joe's just as manipulative as the labels he complains about

2. the pod literally needs Parks, the same way Joe's career always needed Parks.

if anything he's prolly one of the only people in that room who knows how to handle Joe's self destructive traits while keepin the dirt off of himself

create any type of dependency on Joe and he WILL take advantage of that shyt and cross the line, gotta make him dependent on you so you can cut him off whenever his ego goes wild. Rory been there since day 1 before the money and Joe treating him like an intern who popped off at the mouth :dead: i wouldn't be surprised if mad industry people side-eyeing him right now for that. all those friends of the show mal and rory had prolly gone forever from the pod too
Friends of the show will go with whoever has the most clout

The shows in his network probably side eying him

Why did Rory want to fight Joe?

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
"Twitch crumbs":mjlol:

Y'all nikkas STILL don't get it

Twitch is what made Ak a millionaire

Why do nikkas refuse to respect twitch as a platform?:mjlol:

Nikkas eating feasts
you missed my point. to ak right now, compared to what he's making on the outside, twitch is supplemental income.
that says A LOT about how much Ak is making and why he acts the way he does. It's huge that twitch is lunch money to the dude, it probably makes disconnected dudes like rory and ma l jealous

do I really think twitch is crumbs??? fukk no.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
So he spends ANOTHER hour talking about the Mal/Rory "beef". And he talks about someone's else's money AGAIN with the Issa Rae topic :mjtf:

Yeah, I might have to start skimming through episodes.

Damn shame how this podcast fell off.
He's subbing the fukk out of Rory and Mal in the Issa Rae topic. Basically saying that all the offers they have coming in are due to all of Joe's other successes and not just because of the pod so they don't really deserve a piece of it.