The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
A Joe, Ish and Ice season wouldnt be that bad:ehh:. Joe made the right move replacing Savon with Ish. It gives the pod a grown man edge.

3 dudes in their 40s giving their take on life, hip hop, women, relationships, business and culture.

Savon in a good bag chiming in from the outside here and there.

Im impressed Joe lowkey landed on his feet with the Rory and Mal insurrection. The pod can thrive with this new format :manny:

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: the goal is entertainment and engagement. you and others might say you're not entertained, but you sure are paying attention
Haha ain’t that serious course it’s entertainment and fun but some of these podcasts can be used to learn/gain inspiration from. People take different things from it. That being said, you’re right from Joe let’s not expect to take life lessons or business tips from his content. I’m here now for the fukkery

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They’re gone and not coming back. He’s replacing them with two dudes who will agree with everything he says and who also have “regular” employment, so anything they make from the podcast is extra. They’re not stressing like that over splits.

Joe fumbled the bag and there’s no amount of ‘splaining that can change that. $5-6 million a year plus majority percentages from other ventures (which definitely could have been negotiated) is a great bag for a podcast. To act like he can’t pay everyone a good salary on that amount of money for less than 20 hours of work per week (probably less than 10) is straight up bad business.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
They’re gone and not coming back. He’s replacing them with two dudes who will agree with everything he says and who also have “regular” employment, so anything they make from the podcast is extra. They’re not stressing like that over splits.

Joe fumbled the bag and there’s no amount of ‘splaining that can change that. $5-6 million a year plus majority percentages from other ventures (which definitely could have been negotiated) is a great bag for a podcast. To act like he can’t pay everyone a good salary on that amount of money for less than 20 hours of work per week (probably less than 10) is straight up bad business.
Yup
Mal and Rory should have talked to lawyers from the get go but probably didn't think shyt would blow

Joe should have make sure they got paid
He can't do this shyt on his own

shyt ain't going to be the same no more

And I don't like Parks and the new guys lightly clowning the situation

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
"Twitch crumbs":mjlol:

Y'all nikkas STILL don't get it

Twitch is what made Ak a millionaire

Why do nikkas refuse to respect twitch as a platform?:mjlol:

Nikkas eating feasts

Facts. RDCWorld just got like 16,000 in a day or something like that. Twitch, Patreon and so on will get a creative hella money if done right

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
What I learned this past month: Parks fukking sucks

Way to antagonize and patronize your listeners hip, Joe and Parks. It's been a fun ride but ill find something else.

No offense to guys like Ish, Savon, and Ice as they are cool I'm their own ways to listen to, but its rotten from the top.

It's been a bad show since around July, so I'm not missing too much by bouncing

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I'm surprised Parks wasn't the first one to leave
He checked Joe before and he has his own shyt going
1. Park's was smart enough not to talk business directly with joe's dumbass who'll say some passive shyt and make u wanna steal off on him, naive mistake on Mal/Rory's part, Joe's just as manipulative as the labels he complains about

2. the pod literally needs Parks, the same way Joe's career always needed Parks.

if anything he's prolly one of the only people in that room who knows how to handle Joe's self destructive traits while keepin the dirt off of himself

create any type of dependency on Joe and he WILL take advantage of that shyt and cross the line, gotta make him dependent on you so you can cut him off whenever his ego goes wild. Rory been there since day 1 before the money and Joe treating him like an intern who popped off at the mouth :dead: i wouldn't be surprised if mad industry people side-eyeing him right now for that. all those friends of the show mal and rory had prolly gone forever from the pod too

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I'm surprised Parks wasn't the first one to leave
He checked Joe before and he has his own shyt going
my guess is that Parks has always had his paperwork/rates in order. I’d imagine that with him being an engineer, he’s always charged his hourly rate as an engineer, and charged for use of the space and equipment.
joe getting mad at the fans for his fukk ups is going to be his demise. dude never takes accountability and laughs when people mention others possible feelings.
ahhh but those are the ways of a narcissist...now he’s going into attack mode on the fans (and maybe eventually on Rory/Mal)
The podcast is basically a Joe Budden reality show now.
yup and as long as he gets the attention, positive or negative, he will be satisfied...regardless of what he says.

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I’m glad Joe went a little more in depth about the Spotify deal. I was thinking to myself I doubt Spotify off the rip came with a deal wanting a percentage of everything.

They initially offered a $10 million deal for audio only and Joe said that made him lose sleep at first. He didn’t say the length of the deal but I’m thinking it was 2 years, similar to the 1st deal he signed.

Even with the Spotify shyt to the side, he still hasn’t really gone into detail about the Triller offer, which makes him look bad in light of them talking about Swizz/Timbaland selling Verzuz and everybody involved eating off that.