The Official Joe Budden Podcast Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
I’m behind. Wtf is going on? Haven’t listened to the pod in a long time. Seen a post on IG and in the comments someone said “come back to the pod Mal”. And a real life friend just texted asking me what happened.

Can someone give me the cliffs? I tried going a few pages back but this thread is a mess

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I’m behind. Wtf is going on? Haven’t listened to the pod in a long time. Seen a post on IG and in the comments someone said “come back to the pod Mal”. And a real life friend just texted asking me what happened.

Can someone give me the cliffs? I tried going a few pages back but this thread is a mess

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Joe proved already can do it own his own and rebuild his brand. He did it when he left Everyday Struggle and started the JBP, Joe will be alright never count dude out, he keep proving the doubters wrong

Everyone eventually runs out of luck. I consider the original Spotify deal a shrewd move by Budden.

Spotify was letting Joe do other sponsorships (Pull Up w/ Cashapp), getting money from YouTube ads etc. All they were asking for was a way to monetize their investment. Joe refused to do ads so they went after the IP.

he was in a pretty good position. Getting paid to chop it up with his boys 2x a week while still doing side ventures. If he felt disrespected by the new deal... get the lawyers and renegotiate. Don't bash the platform publicly. That's messy.

Doing what Joe did is like getting in on GameStop early, having the opportunity to cash out at the peak, and saying “nah I was right before and this shyt still gonna go up”. Yeah that may work but you are also testing your luck.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joe and Ak need to come full circle and do a pod

tenor.gif