Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
Imagine the DNC happened a few months after George Floyd got murdered, and no African American was given a platform because the probability of them speaking about police brutality beyond benign Rodney King lines about "us just getting along" was high.

Tell me that would not be racist, with a straight face
Meh not the same. BLM adjacent groups weren’t disrupting rallies saying Jim Crow Biden or KKKamala

Why change the subject? Answer my question. Would you go off script?

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Meh not the same. BLM adjacent groups weren’t disrupting rallies saying Jim Crow Biden or KKKamala

Why change the subject? Answer my question. Would you go off script?

"Not the same" :mjlol:, that answers my question

I wouldn't go off script, because my script would have flamed everyone off rip, and I would have told them of my plans prior :mjlol:

But that's not the point. You're assuming that every Palestinian-American isn't capable of "staying in line". There's no need to be deliberately obtuse, if that assumption is being made by the DNC then they either don't think high enough of the Palestinian-American community, or, they realize that this community has valid grievances that no person with morals could ignore on stage, so fukk those grievances being aired ever, even if filtered by pre-approvals. Either path is repugnant and racist.

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin
"Not the same" :mjlol:, that answers my question

I wouldn't go off script, because my script would have flamed everyone off rip, and I would have told them of my plans prior :mjlol:

But that's not the point. You're assuming that every Palestinian-American isn't capable of "staying in line". There's no need to be deliberately obtuse, if that assumption is being made by the DNC then they either don't think high enough of the Palestinian-American community, or, they realize that this community has valid grievances that no person with morals could ignore on stage, so fukk those grievances being aired ever, even if filtered by pre-approvals. Either path is repugnant and racist.
Thank you for being honest. The DNC didn’t want to take the risk. No racism involved

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Thank you for being honest. The DNC didn’t want to take the risk. No racism involved

No worries, and I'm sure there's a lot of Palestinians who are outraged. But there are some who despite that anger, believe in the Demidcrats enough to tone down their messaging for the DNC. That the DNC didn't even consider that is fukked up at the very least

You don't know what racism means, and it's fine

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin
No worries, and I'm sure there's a lot of Palestinians who are outraged. But there are some who despite that anger, believe in the Demidcrats enough to tone down their messaging for the DNC. That the DNC didn't even consider that is fukked up at the very least

You don't know what racism means, and it's fine
You don’t know what racism means. Palestinians aren’t a race. They’re Arabs. Did the DNC ban Arabs from speaking at the DNC?

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You don’t know what racism means. Palestinians aren’t a race. They’re Arabs. Did the DNC ban Arabs from speaking at the DNC?

Ah, shout-out to the non-Palestinian Arab speakers who spoke at the DNC.

"Arabs welcome, just not Palestinians" :pachaha:

I'm choosing to believe this is an act. Other posters I know they don't have a choice

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
I agree with you but they’re exhibiting burning down behavior by going to the media with their discontent instead of expressing their discontent privately with Kamala.
Going to the media about being spit in the face by the Harris campaign is not "burn it all down" behavior. If anything, they've bent over backwards to be supportive and giving Harris the benefit of the doubt and operating in good faith. They spoke with her in private but when their good faith efforts were thrown in the trash, you still expect them to just lie down and take it like dogs. You guys can't seem to understand that these activists don't work for the Harris campaign. Their number 1 issue is stopping the mass slaughter of innocents in Gaza, not electing Kamala Harris. Many believe the latter is the best path to the former, but if Harris shows an unwillingness to acquiesce or seriously engage with their demands or even treat them like a respected member of her coalition, then why the fukk should they still be invested in helping her save face by taking her disrespect in silence? And even in the face of this disrespect they're still going out of their way to be more polite and non-harmful to the Harris campaign as could reasonably be expected. There is no other advocacy group that would be expected to behave in such a servile manner. Look at how they responded to being spit in the face:

Outlaw

Daps
Reppin
Going to the media about being spit in the face by the Harris campaign is not "burn it all down" behavior. If anything, they've bent over backwards to be supportive and giving Harris the benefit of the doubt and operating in good faith. They spoke with her in private but when their good faith efforts were thrown in the trash, you still expect them to just lie down and take it like dogs. You guys can't seem to understand that these activists don't work for the Harris campaign. Their number 1 issue is stopping the mass slaughter of innocents in Gaza, not electing Kamala Harris. Many believe the latter is the best path to the former, but if Harris shows an unwillingness to acquiesce or seriously engage with their demands or even treat them like a respected member of her coalition, then why the fukk should they still be invested in helping her save face by taking her disrespect in silence? And even in the face of this disrespect they're still going out of their way to be more polite and non-harmful to the Harris campaign as could reasonably be expected. There is no other advocacy group that would be expected to behave in such a servile manner. Look at how they responded to being spit in the face:

And here’s where the conflict comes. Kamala and the DNC’s number one objective is to get Kamala elected. Morally a Palestinian-American from the uncommitted movement should have been given a speech regardless of what they were going to say but morality doesn’t guarantee victories electorally in America otherwise Trump wouldn’t be at risk of winning.

The DNC did not want to take the risk of them going off script and saying something politically toxic. Was it cowardice? Maybe but the reward doesn’t outweigh the risk and it was smart politically to avoid that potential landmine. Kamala has done 100x more to appease the Palestinian protestors than Trump has but it’s never appreciated. More and more is continued to be asked of her where it’s getting to the point she has to risk turning off parts of her coalition to appease them.

To say it was racist to not allow the uncommitted movement speak is degrading what racism really means. The uncommitted movement isn’t fighting for civil rights domestically, they’re fighting to end the genocide in Gaza. Does the uncommitted movement care about women getting fukked over in this country if Trump wins? Does the uncommitted movement care if civil rights get rolled back for black Americans? Does the uncommitted movement care about Hispanic families getting broken up by mass deportations?

I’m sure they care but they’re putting a foreign issue ahead of issues that Americans face domestically and to be frank this is an AMERICAN election

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
And here’s where the conflict comes. Kamala and the DNC’s number one objective is to get Kamala elected. Morally a Palestinian-American from the uncommitted movement should have been given a speech regardless of what they were going to say but morality doesn’t guarantee victories electorally in America otherwise Trump wouldn’t be at risk of winning.
Agreed.

The DNC did not want to take the risk of them going off script and saying something politically toxic. Was it cowardice? Maybe but the reward doesn’t outweigh the risk and it was smart politically to avoid that potential landmine. Kamala has done 100x more to appease the Palestinian protestors than Trump has but it’s never appreciated. More and more is continued to be asked of her where it’s getting to the point she has to risk turning off parts of her coalition to appease them.
I think it was not only cowardly and immoral, but it was also a massive strategic blunder and stepping on a landmine because it has now become a big story that only harms the Harris campaign. If they just gave Ruwa Romman a 2 minute slot at a random time to deliver her speech, they could have avoided all of this blowback. Instead they did something incredibly dumb because they were so racist they think Palestinians - even ones who are elected officials from their own party - are unruly animals who would obviously suicide-bomb the convention.

More and more should be continued to be asked of Kamala, that's the whole point of politics. She's nowhere near perfect so you keep pushing the boulder up the hill. A politician is a public servant, not someone who has to be appreciated like your sweet old grandmother. I agree she has to balance the entire coalition, but she made a decision to appease the Zionist part of the coalition while telling the anti-genocide part of the coalition to kick rocks. That's entirely within her rights to do so, and we're just seeing the consequences of that decision. Maybe it works out for her, maybe it doesn't. Either way, she'll have to live with it. But the people who she sacrificed have every right to not be quiet as they're being strangled.

To say it was racist to not allow the uncommitted movement speak is degrading what racism really means. The uncommitted movement isn’t fighting for civil rights domestically, they’re fighting to end the genocide in Gaza. Does the uncommitted movement care about women getting fukked over in this country if Trump wins? Does the uncommitted movement care if civil rights get rolled back for black Americans? Does the uncommitted movement care about Hispanic families getting broken up by mass deportations?
The vast majority of the Uncommitted Movement's personnel were active in fights for civil rights domestically before October 7th. The founders are Abbas Alawieh and Layla Elabed. Alawieh was Chief of Staff for Cori Bush and worked for the legislative offices of Andy Levin and Cori Bush. Elabed worked for We The People Michigan and before that was an activist against sexual and domestic violence. This organization didn't just spring up out of nowhere by random Arabs with no history of political activism. The Palestinian-American community was hella active in the BLM movement, and there's a long, rich history of Palestinians supporting domestic civil rights from abroad. So yeah, given that the uncommitted movement is not advocating voting for Trump and lived as frontline victims of his first term, I would say they're well aware of the harms he can bring and the people who get fukked over if he wins again. The difference is they're not turning a blind eye to the victims being harmed right now either.

I’m sure they care but they’re putting a foreign issue ahead of issues that Americans face domestically and to be frank this is an AMERICAN election
You act like this is people being asked to vote on what color the flag of Djibouti should be. The American government funding genocidal war crimes and being dragged into a regional war IS a domestic issue. It's domestic taxes being collected to pay for the bombs Israel is dropping. It's domestic bills being signed to support Israel. I don't understand how you can think foreign policy isn't relevant to American elections? It has sunk and elevated multiple candidates in the past. This country just got out of the longest war in its history and America is still the global hegemon. The myriad of activities the government is engaged in outside of the contiguous borders are areas of legitimate policy making. Perhaps even moreso than "domestic" issues for a Presidential election due to the structural intransigence of Congress and the effects of the Imperial Presidency.

Daps
Aren’t they cutting off their nose to spite their face by leaking their discontent to the media?

Their actions show that they care more about their message than Kamala’s campaign
You gotta tweak your perspective to what is motivating these people. Currently the issue is Gaza being bombed to nothing, so if Trump is elected then nothing changes. Trump would be worse in every way but for them, it makes no difference

There
"Palestinian Americans can't be trusted to "stick to the script""

More racist talk at 5, back to you Joe
Yeah this issue is wild for me to understand what is going on on this board. As far as I can tell theres 4 different camps, with some overlap. Posters that want a ceasefire/arms embargo, posters that are neutral and want Kamala to win so they'd prefer she stay away from this topic, posters who identify with Isreals response, and posters who use this issue as cover to troll

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines