Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In 1840, Britain intervened and returned control of the Levant to the Ottomans in return for further capitulations.[97] The death of Aqil Agha marked the last local challenge to Ottoman centralization in Palestine,[98] and beginning in the 1860s, Palestine underwent an acceleration in its socio-economic development, due to its incorporation into the global, and particularly European, economic pattern of growth. The beneficiaries of this process were Arabic-speaking Muslims and Christians who emerged as a new layer within the Arab elite.[99]

Is this. Is this. Is this Colonialism?

“Situated at a strategic location between Egypt, Syria and Arabia, and the birthplace of Judaismand Christianity, the region has a long and tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. The region has been controlled by numerous peoples, including ancient Egyptians, Canaanites, Israelites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Achaemenids, ancient Greeks, Romans, Parthians, Sasanians, Byzantines, the Arab Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid and Fatimidcaliphates, Crusaders, Ayyubids, Mamluks, Mongols, Ottomans, the British, and modern Israelis and Palestinians

“Settler colonialism”

Almost all remaining Jews in Yemen deported - Saudi media​

The last three Jewish families in Yemen were deported by the Iranian-backed Houthi rebels, leaving only four elderly Jews in the country, the London-based Saudi daily Asharq Al-Awsat reported over the weekend.The move marks the virtual end of a 2,600-year-old Jewish community in Yemen.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
@Toussaint it is strange that people tend to gloss over the preceding genocides and ethnic cleansing of Jews and Christians from the region?

Is it done purposefully?

I watched a program about the Greco Turkish War recently and it was eye opening

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@Toussaint it is strange that people tend to gloss over the preceding genocides and ethnic cleansing of Jews and Christians from the region?

Is it done purposefully?

I watched a program about the Greco Turkish War recently and it was eye opening
Yep.

Greeks purple, Armenians red
images

You can see the original character of Levantine civilization by the names of the major cities, mostly Greek, Latin, Assyrian, Aramaic, Hebrew and Phoenician names.

Istanbul - Greek for “the City”
Beirut - Arabic pronounciation of the Phoenician name
Damascus - Latin rendering of the Aramaic name
Aleppo - Latin name. Arabic name is Halab which comes from the Hebrew name for the color white
Homs - Arabic rendering of the Latin and Greek name Emesa or Emesos
Irbid - Arabic rendering of its original Hebrew name
Tripoli - Greek
Ankara - Greek
Izmir - Greek

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
L

How is this different than what we’ve heard from Hamas?

More intrinsically, how have you made the argument than Israel’s actions would radicalize young gazans to be terrorists while also denying that actually happens?

Take a break.

Israel ain’t shyt. But this believe that everyone person held is good led to Oct 7.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
It definitely feels like Zionists hasbara is getting less cohesive and coherent as the conflict continues. They’re flailing
Yep. This post being followed by two ridiculous flails is hilarious.

Also, in case anyone missed it, a few pages back in the thread I spoke about Avi Shlaim and his work as a historian on the creation of Israel and the effect that had on Jews in the ME and the pressure Jews felt in relocating to Israel.

Another Israeli historian, Ilan Pappe, had a great interview that just came out yesterday where this was also discussed.

There's a really interesting part at 30:20 where he talks about early anti-Zionists, who were predominately Jewish. Even if you don't have the time to watch the full interview, the 5-6 minutes for this section is worth watching. In discussion of Pappe's new book:

You talk about it as, "aristocratic feuds" about Zionism in the book and, again, that's fascinating for me. Some of the portraits of the individuals you, you really go over are really gripping. There's one called Edwin Samuel Montigu, very senior politician in this country, and he was an anti-Zionist, that's what we would call him today, anyway, and there are some things he says here which are just extraordinary. So I'm going to read this, really.

"He refers to Zionism as a mischievous political Creed."

If a politician did this today they'd be they'd be over. This gentleman was a British Jew operating at the very highest levels of politics, and he wrote a memorandum saying:

"The Turks and other Mohammedans, or Muslims, in Palestine will be regarded as foreigners just in the same way as Jews will hereafter be treated as foreigners in every country but Palestine."

"I assert that there is no Jewish Nation. The members of my family, for instance, who have been in this country for generations have no sort or kind of community, or view, or of desire with any Jewish Family in any other country beyond the fact that they profess to a greater or less degree the same religion. It is no more true to say that a Christian Englishman and a Christian Frenchman are of the same Nation."

It sounds like even 100 years ago people were aware of the destabilization that would come from the creation of a Jewish ethnostate in the ME.
It's funny that when you listen to the historians and the history books, it just doesn't line up with the Zionist version of history.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Posting on The coli isn’t fighting for a cause.

One of the old mods made an argument that whatever we post here is irrelevant because we’re nerds and aren’t representative or aren’t engaging with other people in a way to sway them.

I think he’s wrong. Social media, meme usage, viral meta movements all created engagement. People shared these stories and talked about them.

I’ve seen it at 7 weddings lat year.

That’s not the needle and he knows it.

The truth is, the most politically involved people in this sub make enough money that they believe they’ll be okay.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Canadians can claim federal tax credit from supporting genocide via donating to various Israeli charities. Independent Jewish Voices (IJV) are collaborating with the NDP to spearhead a petition against this.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yep. This post being followed by two ridiculous flails is hilarious.

Also, in case anyone missed it, a few pages back in the thread I spoke about Avi Shlaim and his work as a historian on the creation of Israel and the effect that had on Jews in the ME and the pressure Jews felt in relocating to Israel.

Another Israeli historian, Ilan Pappe, had a great interview that just came out yesterday where this was also discussed.

There's a really interesting part at 30:20 where he talks about early anti-Zionists, who were predominately Jewish. Even if you don't have the time to watch the full interview, the 5-6 minutes for this section is worth watching. In discussion of Pappe's new book:

It sounds like even 100 years ago people were aware of the destabilization that would come from the creation of a Jewish ethnostate in the ME.
It's funny that when you listen to the historians and the history books, it just doesn't line up with the Zionist version of history.

Were the Assyrians, Armenians, Koin Greeks, Yazidis, Maronites, Druze, Chaldean Catholics, genocided and persecuted because of Israel as well?

It is estimated that Christians currently make up about 4% of the population of the region – 15 million believers. This is a drastic drop compared to the beginning of the 20th century, when there were slightly more than 20% Christians. If there had been no discrimination, violent persecutions and massacres by the states and Islamist groups there, there is no doubt that the number of Christians would not have remained at 20% but would have grown.

Although for different reasons (Islamic fundamentalism, economic difficulties, wars), the exodus of Christians is happening in most countries of the region, especially in Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and the states of the Persian Gulf. In the last two years, more than 5,000 Christians have gone (including those from Jerusalem) mainly to Europe, the United States and Canada. In 2011, there were 1.7 million Christians in Syria (10% of the population). Today there are less than 450,000 of them (2% of the population). In Aleppo alone, the Christian population has shrunk from 360,000 in 2012 to 25,000 today. In 2003, there were 1.5 million Christians in Iraq. Today there are less than 120,000 of them. Syria and Iraq are home to numerous Christian communities. In Iraq, with the rise of ISIL, at least 50,000 Christians found refuge in Lebanon, but now there are only a few hundred, as most have left the region for good and gone to North America or Australia. And many leave from the relatively safe haven provided by Jordan. Coptic Orthodox Christians, an autochthonous community originating from the ancient Pharaonic civilization, were persecuted in Egypt.

The only country in the region with a growing Christian community is Israel, where the Christian population grew by 1.4% in 2020. Somewhat paradoxically, since Jews do not recognize Jesus, Christians in Israel benefit from the only functioning democracy in the Middle East because their religious freedom as much as guaranteed. According to the Israel Bureau of Statistics from December 2021, 84% of Christians surveyed said they were satisfied with life in Israel. This shows that when a democratic state is functioning then minority communities can profit despite the fact that they are minorities. However, one should be objective and recognize that in Israel, Christians suffer just as much as Muslims and other non-Judaists and are subjected to discrimination. Even the hometown of Jesus Christ, Bethlehem, is not immune to the exodus. In the past 100 years, the percentage of Christians in the population of Bethlehem has dropped from 84% to about 20% today. In addition to the Israeli government, the Palestinians also began to attack churches in Bethlehem. The first incident happened on October 28 last year when a group of Palestinians threw stones at a church. In the West Bank and Gaza, the percentage of Christians in the population fell from 11% in 1922 to 1.5% in 2017 and has fallen below 1% in recent years. During 2022, more than 5,000 Christians emigrated from the West Bank.

Funny how Jews aren’t treated like foreigners in non-Muslim countries.

"I assert that there is no Jewish Nation. The members of my family, for instance, who have been in this country for generations have no sort or kind of community, or view, or of desire with any Jewish Family in any other country beyond the fact that they profess to a greater or less degree the same religion. It is no more true to say that a Christian Englishman and a Christian Frenchman are of the same Nation."

This is so hilarious and over dramatic. Israeli citizenship laws are literally no different than America, Japan, China and most countries in the world. Russia, France, Austria, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Germany, Ghana etc even have right of return laws just like Israel. :mjlol: Countries like Ireland just extend to grand parents. India allows you automatic permanent residency.

Also unlike countries like Japan, India and China, Jews are allowed to be dual citizens so it’s not like they are forcing you to be Israeli. :mjlol:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
How is this different than what we’ve heard from Hamas?
For a person who likes calling our argument flaws, you sure use a lot of them.
No one supports Hamas, so stop bringing them up as if they offer any counter weight to the apartheid regime in Israel. It destroys any credibility in your argument and makes clear you support Israeli apartheid.

Last edited: